Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21110 Research Institute

1131415161719»

Comments

• klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    @starfire2 Bummer. I'll PM you if I see them again.
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 153
    So happy - I live in Scotland but my brother is in Manchester. I have just reserved 2! sets for him to collect tomorrow.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I'm betting Ghostbusters. They would already have had to get an IP license to release Ecto 1.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    For those who live San Francisco Dublin Area, I left the Stoneridge Lego store around 2 and they still have 6
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    The good news: The Raleigh store had RI.....
    The bad news: for a few minutes this morning.

TLG might be able to fill demand for RI if they keep up these deliveries for the next 68 years or so.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    Lego US site for RI now reads, "LEGO® Ideas sets are fan created and limited production. We’re sorry it’s not available – it’s proven to be an overwhelmingly popular set. We’re investigating if we can make more. Check back soon!"
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    got me 2 sets last week in Germany
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    edited November 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

I thought Queen Amidala was a great minifigure, but putting her into the Gungan Sub set was very odd.

Until you watch the movie and realize that just as the Gungan sub surfaces, after traversing the planet core, outside her palace it cuts directly to the scene where the object of the treacherous journey -Queen Amidala- is standing in full regalia (in the exact dress, hairpiece, and makeup depicted with the minifig) staring morosely out an open window. It's a fitting figure as it allows the recreation of why there was a need for the Jedi to use the sub in the first place. If there's no Amidala to save at the end, there's no reason for the under water voyage.
    klatu003
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    RI available at St. Louis, Missouri store. Picked up two today. 5 or so left on the shelf. They had Exo-suit in stock as well.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    I don't know where to post this because this thread has been more about gender specific/gender neutral Lego sets than about RI ;) I will post this here in hopes that maybe the dialog may turn into its own thread.

Has anyone seen the discussion started on Lego's Facebook page? Apparently, one mother is NOT happy with Lego and posted a boy playing with a Chima set. Here's her post:
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,338
    ^I saw that earlier. I get how it could be frustrating to parents of children who don't fall for gendered marketing, but I think people need to accept that as the world is at the minute the majority do. I don't blame any company for trying to use that to their advantage, they exist to make money.
    Where I think the change will come is with people making the change. If the pink and blue wall start to blur more and more gendered marketing will have less effect and companies will stop doing it. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be against gendered marketing but should look to help a natural evolution, not try to force a revolution.

I've seen some really interesting studies that show that adults tend to treat babies differently dependant on whether they are told the child is male or female, regardless of the actual gender of the child. E.g when told a baby is a girl (when they may or may not really be a boy) they tend to cuddle them/rock them gently more, if told the child is a boy they tend to bounce them/play more actively.
    So to those who say it is adults who make gendered marketing work, you are probably right, but by the time children are deciding what toys they want for themselves the 'damage' is probably already done with choices of coloured cloths, methods of play and developmental toys.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,788
    Last I checked, Friends is a massive seller.
    So one person's (or even a 100's) argument vs millions is sales. Which will win?
    As long as people are buying there is nothing wrong, and that is how most large companies (and apparently even LEGO) feel.
    Until Barbie, Monster High, and the countless of other 'stereotypical' girl toys are removed from the market, I do not think think Friends is going anywhere.
    I get the point of females should have roles in the LEGO 'everyday life' sets (and that does seem to be occurring, at least in City line) but unless parents/fans of LEGO vote with their wallets, Friends is here to stay.

All of this would have been easier if LEGO stuck to basic minifigure heads and just added different hair pieces. Would have made things a lot easier IMO.
    That and a bit off topic, but saw a girl with a blonde 'classic pigtail' girl on the LEGO site adverting the holidays. I wish they would make THAT hairpiece again!
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 803
    It's back in stock on S&H EU limit 5. For people who missed it before.
  • TheBrokenPlateTheBrokenPlate Member Posts: 28
    Pate5346 said:

Yeah just noticed that on another forum, though it's showing as sold out in the EU from Ireland, which is seriously annoying.

• LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    ^Are you sure? I'm in Ireland and it shows up available for me.
    TheBrokenPlate
    edited December 2014
    ^Wow really? Definitely showing as sold out for me. Very strange.
    The same whether I'm logged in or not.
    Ok, I just closed and restarted my browser and it shows as available now haha.
  • stevemackstevemack 1567km Drive From BillundMember Posts: 911
    ^ Legos website is very weird like that, never found any other like it lol
  • C3POwenC3POwen Member Posts: 2
    Pate5346 said:

My girlfriend has wanted one of these for ages, and we were too slow at getting one on first release. I've been checking [email protected] every day for weeks to see if it was back in stock, as her birthday is in mid-December.

I finally caved and bought one off eBay last week for nearly twice the price, so am not best pleased to see it back in stock on [email protected], particularly as Lego were so cagey about if it would be available again after it first went out of stock.

Might have to return the one from eBay and get one or two from [email protected]!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,916
    Pitfall69 said:

I don't know where to post this because this thread has been more about gender specific/gender neutral Lego sets than about RI ;) I will post this here in hopes that maybe the dialog may turn into its own thread.

Has anyone seen the discussion started on Lego's Facebook page? Apparently, one mother is NOT happy with Lego and posted a boy playing with a Chima set. Here's her post:

I don't really get it. Why is Chima a boy's range? It is a fantasy range, there are both male and female characters. Not that it really matters which gender the characters are. If she has imagination, she can imagine them all to be female.

Creator - again why for boys only? Loads of the models appeal to girls. Girls that like animals, girls that like cars, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if the mother is projecting her biased thoughts onto her daughter, then complaining about what the girl is feeling.

This is coming from a father whose daughter was playing earlier with her friends figures in her brothers' castle, along with dragon knights that were serving them tea and the gingerbread man was also there too.
    klatu003
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,660
    edited December 2014
    CCC said:

This is coming from a father whose daughter was playing earlier with her friends figures in her brothers' castle, along with dragon knights that were serving them tea and the gingerbread man was also there too.

Sounds like a scene from Shrek :)
    Pitfall69klatu003
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,916
    Yeah, I'm not totally sure what the storyline was, but she was having fun.

I've also noticed that the dragon knights are goodies to her, but then all the characters from chima are too.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    C3POwen said:

Might have to return the one from eBay and get one or two from [email protected]!

Great plan.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    It is showing up as "sold out" for me in the US.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Thanks @Brickarmor! I've been wanting to get this set for a colleague of mine. I was able to order one this morning. 2 week delay on shipping, but I'll finally be able to get one for her :)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,125
    Finally ordered one myself too! Glad I was trolling...
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 77
    Ordered one this morning & threw in the new Rainforest Animals on a whim. After a while received an email saying "We want every LEGO builder to have a fair chance of getting it, so we limit how many of this set can be bought per household." [I'd bought one at about 12:05 AM on Aug 1st.] "Since your request exceeded this limit, we've cacelled the item(s) from your order."

About 10 mins later I received the order confirmation email with both items showing up. It's been an hour now, and if I log in I still see both items in my order "In Process." Hoping I can disregard the "limit" email. Anyone experienced this before? Obviously if they're going to cancel the RI I'd like to cancel the Creator set too & just wait for this weekend's 2x points or an Amazon sale.
    weevin
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Posted this in the other thread as well but it's an error. They said the orders are fine and they apologize for the e-mail. If you ordered 1 it should still be good to go.
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 77
    ^Nice to hear, thanks.