Availablility of Castle - Kingdoms sets around the world?

StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
edited August 2011 in Shopping Elsewhere
I noticed that in New Zealand the 2010 range of Kingdoms sets had pretty much disappeared from stores not long after Christmas (from memory, could have been earlier). Is this the case elsewhere in the world, or did LEGO majorly underestimate the demand for that range down here? Are 2010 Kingdoms sets still available from stores elsewhere? I know they're still available from LEGO.com, but who can afford the minimum $50 shipping fee?

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    I've found that my local TRU hardly ever seem to stock castle sets (they had some fantasy era stuff a few years ago). They haven't had the kingdoms range at all. I'm waiting for some major reductions on amazon before I dip into the 2011 sets.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    We're still waiting for the 2011 sets! Must be soon, they've listed them as available on the LEGO website. The Northern Hemisphere seems to have had them since May.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Here's whats available in the UK - I've never seen any regular reductions on kingdom sets, just the occasional one day reduction at amazon. And sadly, TRU don't seem to have them, so we can't even get the 20% off with the odd voucher that pops up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_scat_364074031_ln?rh=n:364074031,k:kingdoms+lego&keywords=kingdoms+lego&ie=UTF8&qid=1314524436&scn=364074031&h=1cb6f5ddf5e1b650a1290498b1d6a43a081a03e2

I'm happy to forward sets on to NZ and AU
    Thanks @Savage_Steel. Will have to see how much they'll be if they go on sale over here and if there will be much difference in price when shipping is taken into account.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    TRU in Canada stocks Kingdoms all the time, even had a 20% off sale a few months back! Still in stock now although the section seems to be shrinking.
  • macmonmacmon Member Posts: 80
    Here in the Philippines, LEGO has an official distributor but unfortunately it becomes quite expensive. Usually, the castle sets are available but on a limited stock only. Once it gets sold in their stores, its gone for good. They dont restock most of the time
    ^ Doesn't look they restock here either, unless they bring more of the 2010 sets when the 2011 ones get released.
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    I don't see much of them either. If you want a wide selection, you're going to have to shop at amazon.jp. Our market in Japan is mostly flooded with Lego city, Creator, "Adult sets" with the age range above 14 ( heh-heh ), or the licensed products, especially the Disney related items.