Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Heroes 2015 speculation and rumors

124»

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,478
    Id imagine it'll be similar since they seen to be going for the New 52 style designs. Id imagine different expression though.
  • PdyxPdyx Member Posts: 8
    I was going to open my Martian Manhunter polybag soon, but I'm planning to get all the new DC 2015 sets (b/c I wants me a full JL and I think they sound cool), so now I'm not sure if it'll be worth more or less, and trying to decide whether or not opening it is a good idea.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    Shib said:

^a whole CMF line based on kingdom come with that as a big fig would be awesome...

I re-read it during the summer and thought Loki's headgear and staff would make a pretty good stand in for Magog.

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    To be honest I wouldn't mind staying very current and getting some Crime Syndicate and Luthor's Rebels figures. They could even throw in a Batman to keep their quota up :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    "Throw in a Batman to keep their quota up" lmao! So true, so true...
  • SimesHimselfSimesHimself Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2014
    I have just learned that as well as the five Batman 3/JLA sets in January, and Marvel approx March, there is expected to be a third wave around June. This is likely to be around four sets, Batman and (Ultimate)Spider-Man.
    Looking forward to the first marvel offering, should be Age of Ultron focused, The Vison, Ultron, and updated Avengers, including Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who will link in with the growing X-Men sets.

I would be surprised if there is a second DC wave in the year, trying to remember if they have had 2 a year before, maybe when the big Arkam set came out? but there should be a second marvel, they can't go a full year without throwing out some spidy stuff, just like DC and their Batman obsession and I am hoping for another random X-Men set, sorry not really a DC focused comment but I can't see what they will follow the Justice League sets with, they look fantastic and give us our best range of characters since the line started. After that I am sure all eyes will shift towards the Batman v's Superman and we will get sets to support that early 2016.
  • Pdyx said:

Any thoughts or speculation on whether the Martian Manhunter will be identical to the polybag?

Is he coming out in a different set?
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 426
    He will be included in one bigger set of the Justice League next year. Line up of sets is available few pages before.

I would see him in slightly different design of the outfit. Normally they don't do the same figs as the promo polys.
    ^what would be a massive surprise but also kind of cool would be a true form Martian Manhunter with the set. I also feel the need to assemble a John Jones minifigure to go with MM, hopefully the detective agency modular will have some nice trench coat printing to make it easier.
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 426
    I feel so lame that I don't know half of the characters, even when I was calling myself big fan of the comic books...
    Who is John Jones :)?

anyway! I love all the figs and have 90% of them now :) 2 frames filled few more to go!
    John Jones is the human detective disguise that J'onn J'onz (Martian Manhunter) assumes to get human interaction.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,979
    nerick906 said:

I feel so lame that I don't know half of the characters, even when I was calling myself big fan of the comic books...
    Who is John Jones :)?

That's Martian Manhunter's classic secret identity. I'm not much of a comics buff so I don't really know if he still uses it in the current comics.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Martian Manhunter has I believe at least 3 secret identities, but John Jones was always the best.

Looking forward to the first marvel offering, should be Age of Ultron focused, The Vison, Ultron, and updated Avengers, including Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who will link in with the growing X-Men sets.

I would be surprised if there is a second DC wave in the year, trying to remember if they have had 2 a year before, maybe when the big Arkam set came out? but there should be a second marvel, they can't go a full year without throwing out some spidy stuff, just like DC and their Batman obsession and I am hoping for another random X-Men set, sorry not really a DC focused comment but I can't see what they will follow the Justice League sets with, they look fantastic and give us our best range of characters since the line started. After that I am sure all eyes will shift towards the Batman v's Superman and we will get sets to support that early 2016.

The second wave is pretty much confirmed, I'm lead to believe. It will be split between DC(Batman)and Marvel(Ultimate Spider-Man)sets, and it is 100% happening. As for Marvel there are six Avengers sets around March, possibly something else in June.
    Interesting to see what additional batman sets they could push after this first wave. Would be great to get a few true Bat Family sets, something with Alfred in it, Red Hood and some of the more recent villains, Court of Owls stuff, or Tailia etc. I guess there are lots of options but how many bat sets can you get in one year :)
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    dannyrww said:

Martian Manhunter has I believe at least 3 secret identities, but John Jones was always the best.

I didn't know about the John Jones one; I guess that hasn't appeared in the new 52. I wonder if we could ever get a John Jones/Matches Malone buddy-detective comic.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I would love to see a "southeast corner of the Wayne Mansion Batcave" - with a secret entrance and real underground look. Of course, this would have to be about 8,000 parts to do right.
    prevere said:

I would love to see a "southeast corner of the Wayne Mansion Batcave" - with a secret entrance and real underground look. Of course, this would have to be about 8,000 parts to do right.

I would love to see a Wayne Manor which is assembled from two or three sets, like Jabba's Palace/Rancor Pit, but TLG love to churn out vehicle after vehicle...but vehicles have to be put somewhere. More buildings would be ideal.