Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Question: Under Availability what does the term LEGO Exclusive mean

KirstyL21KirstyL21 South AfricaMember Posts: 27
I do apologise if this has been addressed - tried to wade through the forum to see if anything similar has been discussed to no avail. I see on a number of sets listed in the Database in the Availability section they are noted as LEGO Exclusive. Other descriptions in that field include Retail and Promotional. Would this mean that these are only available from LEGO brand retail stores or only online from [email protected] as opposed to Retail which might mean being available in any store that might stock LEGO (Walmart, Toys R Us etc.) Living outside of the US it would help me to assess what my odds are of laying my hands on the set or not. So - Just curious ??? And sorry if it is a daft question - you may roll your eyes at me and answer in exasperation - I am tough I can take it!

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    KirstyL21 said:

Would this mean that these are only available from LEGO brand retail stores or only online from [email protected] as opposed to Retail which might mean being available in any store that might stock LEGO (Walmart, Toys R Us etc.)

Yes, that's correct. LEGO Exclusives can only be bought directly from LEGO (In store, by phone or online). Sets labelled 'Retail' can be bought from most retailers that stock LEGO. Promotional ones are things like 'Free if you spend $X' or newspaper promotions and 'Retail - limited' refers to things like retailer exclusives.
  • KirstyL21KirstyL21 South AfricaMember Posts: 27
    Thank you Matthew ... I am curious to see if any of them crop up in LEGO stores here in SA.