Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon: BOGO40 off select LEGO, up to 47% off MSRP

rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
This discussion was created from comments split from: [US] Target BOGO 40% May 25-31.

Comments

• dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2014
    Amazon is somewhat matching this sale, Amazon.com Sale Buy 1 get one 40% off on select items.
    ColoradoBricksrocaoklatu003busumoe1underhandednmjadeireneBandittomahawkerbluedragon
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,267
    ^Interesting for Amazon that the sale doesn't work on everything you add to your cart. Add 4 of one set and you only get the 40% for 1 set, same if you add 2 each of multiple sets, only gives 40% on one of the lower priced ones. Gotta make multiple 2 item orders.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ A single discount for the entire cart has been my experience with all the previous BOGOs that Amazon runs. As far as I know, multiple orders are allowed though, because I chatted with customer service to confirm. This was a year or so ago, so it might have changed.

I've picked up a pair of #75019 AT-TEs so far. They come to about 47% off, and even more if I factor in my Amazon reward points.
    ^ I guess I either never tried to order more than 2 or didn't notice before. I've made 4 orders: 2 black gate, 2 black gate, 2 dol goldur battles, 2 elf armies.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    @dragwit, thank you very much for the link to Amazon sale. I was thinking that Amazon would just lower the prices like they did in the past. Was this advertised or simply popped up in the Special Offers section?
  • underhandednmunderhandednm Member Posts: 3
    Hate when checking brickset costs me money :). Black Gate x2 at less then $36 each is too good to pass up!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,770
    Nice. I grabbed a couple Council of Elronds so I can give one to my sister Arwen and part out the other for a project I am working on.
    ^ Are you giving an Arwen to your sister or is your sisters name actually Arwen?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,770
    ^Both. Our dad is a huge fan of the books. Luckily I am not named Bilbo.
    ColoradoBrickspharmjodklatu003starfailureMathBuilderred5
    edited May 2014
    Prices listed below are obtained when purchasing quantity 2.

#79007 Battle at the Black Gate $35.99 (MSRP $59.99, 40% off)
    Take me there!

#79014 Dol Guldur Battle $41.26 (MSRP: $69.99, 41% off)
    Show me!

#75019 AT-TE $47.99 (MSRP: $89.99, 47% off)
    Pick me!

#70402 The Gatehouse Raid: $15.67 (MSRP $29.99, 47% off)
    No, me!
    preveretomahawkerLegoKipsidersddbluedragon
    ^^ That is cool. On the forum now, you are henceforth known as Bilbo!
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    rocao said:

Prices listed below are obtained when purchasing quantity 2.

One "Take me there!" and one "No, me!" for me. Thanks for the direct links!

I vote for 'BilboPants'
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 870
    Crap. Laketown already sold out.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,919
    edited May 2014
    Fabulous.
  • dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    I saw it posted on Facebook
    ^^^ Was laketown even part of the 40%? I didn't see it in the list.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Seems strange that you can't actually find this deal from within Amazon. Neither the various deal summary pages nor the individual eligible item pages give you any indication. Its like they want to match competitor's deals, but don't really want people to find the matching offer unless they are coming from the competitor's site or an outside referral. I'm all for secret deals, but I've never noticed Amazon to do that before.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 671
    I feel dumb. Why can't I get any of these BOGO deals to kick in in my cart? Went all the way to the end of checkout and the discount never appeared.
    all you see is "promotion" and a credit in red over on the right side that adjusts the total on the last step of checkout.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    edited May 2014
    @DadsAFOL , it shows on the product page with a "Buy One, Get One 40% Off on Select Toys" note at the bottom right of the picture (below)

@GIR3691, it used to show as a line in the Order Summary as "Promotion: -$16.00", but I do not see it anymore...
    Better luck with picture...
    YMMV on what Amazon shows... Maybe they just don't want me to find this deal. :)
    ^ I see what @DadsAFOL‌ does now. Was working before. Even tried to go through checkout with two black gates and it doesn't show up at the end anymore.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 436
    Not showing up for me either. Anyone?
    My screen displays the same as ColoradoBricks with the BOGO40% blurb, but when I get to the final page before confirming order, the discount no longer shows. I'd suggest contacting customer service and showing them the promotion page:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=as_li_ss_sm_fb_us_ndp_tl?ie=UTF8&docId=1002656951&plgroup=1&plpage=1
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Deal appears to be dead. Oh well. I had two Black Gates sitting in my cart, but no real need for them.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    Yup. Nothing anymore, yet promotion page still appears.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    They probably realized that all those sets were sold out at Target. I was hoping for some Rancor Pits, but no such luck.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Deal is currently back on... (1am MST)
    bluedragon
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 118
    Yep, just worked for me! 6:49am, Eastern.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    Yeah. Working now. I just grabbed a couple of items.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    graphite said:

^^^ Was laketown even part of the 40%? I didn't see it in the list.

Laketown disappeared but it's back on the list now. A lukewarm deal relative to the other deals mentioned.
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    Amazon scores where Target failed this week. Bought the two hobbit sets I was after for roughly 35% off the pair = happy camper.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Has anyone found any good deals on Creator/City/Friends/Duplo? I looked around a bit and the best deal I saw was two #7965 Falcons working out to be ~$100 per.
    @legogregors , as far as I know, only Target is having BOGO on Creator. An OK deal right now is #31012, if your store carry it, PM+BOGO+RedCard = $42.55 ea ($69.99 RRP) when you buy 2.
    @coloradobricks , thanks I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything on the amazon deal. That is a good deal on the #31012. I am looking for Fairy Bricks dropoff items and am trying to mix in themes that I don't pay attention to normally.
    ^ That is if you need two of them. That's the problem with these BOGOs that only apply to certain sets. The best BOGO deal for a brief time yesterday was the Falcon for $115. I had two in my cart, but I just don't see it retiring this year.
    @legogregors , consider #31010, lot of play value, 29.99 RRP, $18.23 after PM+BOGO+RedCard, (if your local store carries it)
    ^^ @mathew , please tell me the Falcon was $115 each yesterday not $115 for two??? That would be an incredible deal and $100.75 today would be extremely disappointing.

@ColoradoBricks‌ thanks for the tip. I have not gotten the RedCard and Pricematching and Target inventory has not always worked well for me. I will cross my fingers that amazon continues their onslaught of discounts into the Creator line.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,919
    I believe the Falcons were two for $161.
    edited May 2014
    Blast!!! How was that missed in yesterday's posts?

Phew, I was able to cancel. $80.50 is an incredible price.
    edited May 2014
    $115 + $69 (40% off) = $184 = $92 each (~35% off). Percentage-wise, it was far from the best deal.

Also, the set has been $99 at Walmart off and on for the past 1.5 years.
    edited May 2014
    They were $93 each after the BOGO. I don't think they went lower than that unless it was for a brief moment.
    prevere said:

I believe the Falcons were two for $161.

I don't think so.
    edited May 2014
    Yep, mathew got it right... I checked dromedarydromedarydromedary and the price yesterday was $115.26.

Btw, that's still not a bad price. I'm just offering a reason why the other deals were explicitly called out instead.
    MathBuilder
    My bad. I do remember when they were $77 on sale like a month after it came out, which I thought was weird at the time.

And it's just the beginning of summer, I bet $80 for the Falcon isn't out of the question sometime in June or July.
    ^ I think some people nabbed them for 50% off at end of the year Walmart clearances. No sniff of that price in my city, though.
    prevere said:

And it's just the beginning of summer, I bet $80 for the Falcon isn't out of the question sometime in June or July.

I wish but unless you strike clearance gold $80 is pretty far fetched for a desire able $140 RRP Star Wars set.
    ^Yeah, you're probably right. Making $93 now seems like a very solid opportunity. That said, another MF will likely be out on the tail end of this one. And that said, it probably won't be as good if it follows the rehashing trend of late.