Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fairy Bricks Special Edition Minifig Auction (Now ended!)

1234568»

Comments

• LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    ^ @legomatt‌ I have always pictured you as a clean shaven, short haired Russell Brand lookalike, well that's ruined now!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2014

a clean shaven, short haired Russell Brand

Is such a thing even possible? Hold on, let me have a go...

*puts on shrill laanden Brand-ish axe-sent*
    Nah. I'm defint'ly the regula sawt thet cams wiv perma-facefauwunna n' maaaan-gauled hair... in keepin' with me' lackadaisycawl attitude to mawdern liife an' its many foiyabawles n' complexities, deary.

*stops before a punch in the face is forthcoming*

Nope, i'd be the regular scruff bag version, sure'nuff, just without the celebrity lifestyle, substance abuse, womanising, or 'Manuel'-baiting... so none of the good stuff, really. :o)
    Legobutterfly
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

^ @legomatt‌ I have always pictured you as a clean shaven, short haired Russell Brand lookalike, well that's ruined now!

I guess I've always pictured @Legomatt as a male Kate Bush playing with LEGO...

:oP
    BumblepantsGothamConstructionCo
    ^ Best one yet, Hah! :oD
    rancorbait
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    You can flag that if you want :oP
    legomatt
    edited June 2014

You can flag that if you want :oP

^ 'Flag' it? But it's not abusive enough. ;o) , have a thumb instead. :oP
    rancorbait
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,273
    Perhaps this thread should be retitled as the @legomatt's secret identity thread :o)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    legomatt
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    All screens should come supplied with one......... Not the exclusive variety of course ;)
    carlqbobabricks
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ So when do we get to see you replicating that shot in real life, sitting on a telly in that outfit (wings and all), HF Prime? ;-)
    StormKittybobabricks
    That would need to be some pretty big TV!
    carlqbobabricks
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    I'm bummed that I completely missed this thread while the auction was in progress. It seems like it would have been much more exciting than countdowns of product inventory.

I would have backed the US bid being put forth by @oldtodd33 and @samiam391‌ . Well done by everyone involved!
    MinifigsMeSirKevbags
    edited June 2014
    @rocao‌ It was wonderful organised chaos and control was just about maintained ;). It's proved that it can be done though so hopefully it won't be the last. Perhaps another trustee will be given the custom treatment next year....... Will anyone be able to complete a set!?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702

@rocao‌ It was wonderful organised chaos and control was just about maintained ;). It's proved that it can be done......

....at the expense of me and @KT. I can only imagine what her nerves were like but mine were shot.
    StormKittycarlqSirKevbags
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    ^ Nerves?!? Mine were fine until @flump‌ turned up ;)

I still have flashbacks occasionally. I don't remember much about the last few minutes, by then my eyes had totally glazed over and I had no nails left to chew, I was an utter wreck by the time it was all over..so when's the next one again? :)
    LostInTranslationLegoboycarlqsidersddSirKevbagsLego_StarbobabricksMinifigsMe
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    rocao said:

I'm bummed that I completely missed this thread while the auction was in progress. It seems like it would have been much more exciting than countdowns of product inventory.

I would have backed the US bid being put forth by @oldtodd33 and @samiam391‌ . Well done by everyone involved!

If only @rocao‌ ... then I would have had the humble pleasure of being graced with the presence of the hairy figure minifigure on the top of my computer. Seeing it atop @Legoboy's screen fills me with envy.

All kidding aside, it looks great @Legoboy‌ and again well done to everyone that was involved. Special shout-out to Caroline for a fantastic custom figure (and we all know I don't often compliment a custom). :o)
    StormKittycarlqSirKevbagsadiemcGothamConstructionCo