Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fairy Bricks Special Edition Minifig Auction (Now ended!)

Comments

• adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 477
    Congratulations @legoboy! And commiserations @stormkitty.
    StormKittySirKevbags
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Take a bow James for winning, KT for bidding so hard, for everyone offering to chip in!
    GothamConstructionCo
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    Well done all, great result for charity
    Why do I decide to do these forum events!
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    Awesome auction, well hosted :-)
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    Congratulations to a worthy winner @Legoboy :)

Thank you all to those who helped me along the way am totally overwhelmed by all your generosity, my own personal max bid was always going to have been what I could have spent on the #10244 Fairground Mixer. You win some and you lose some but tomorrow is another day!

Think its totally KT (and everyone else's) bedtime now.
    adiemcLegoboyLego_StarSirKevbagsLostInTranslationsidersddcarlqMinifigsMeGothamConstructionCo
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    edited June 2014
    Well I'd like to say it was a pleasure [heart still in my throat], but......"It's for charity mate".

Commiserations to you @StormKitty. No doubt we will meet this year and will make sure I do so with protection. Was praying for a pm but I don't think mine can be working properly. @Huw, you might want to take a look at that.

StormKittySirKevbagsadiemcbrickedincarlqMinifigsMe
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,127
    @Legoboy‌ I picked Stormkitty to back, I couldn't back you too. After all, it would never end. Congratulations to you. Well Done.

Good effort @Stormkitty and everyone else who bid or helped.

Excellent design @MinifigsMe‌ and @SirKevBags you are the man, or should I say fairy? : D
    StormKittycarlqMinifigsMeSirKevbags
    @StormKitty‌ has won a lunch. We had a side wager bidding wouldn't go above £65. Little did I know what her maximum was so as long as she had a rival there was always a sandwich in it for her!
    LostInTranslationStormKittycarlqGothamConstructionCo
    ^ Nor mine. You suggested it wouldn't go above £30 yesterday! Deluded. ;o)
    StormKitty
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    ^^ he of such little faith of us Bricksetters ;)

Lunch in any NYC restaurant of my choice wasn't it?!?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Lego_Star said:

@Legoboy‌ I picked Stormkitty to back, I couldn't back you too. After all, it would never end. Congratulations to you. Well Done.

How wrong you are. A donation of a pound to @StormKitty would have done it. :o)
    StormKittyLego_Star
    edited June 2014
    One good thing about @Legoboy winning this, the Hairy Fairy isn't supped in a sealed box so he has to be allowed out to play. Please don't send it to the action figure people to be graded and encased in plastic!
    StormKitty

One good thing about @Legoboy winning this, the Hairy Fairy isn't supped in a sealed box so he has to be allowed out to play. Please don't send it to the action figure people to be graded and encased in plastic!

And don't forget to chrome it! A spot of chrome will make the Hairy Fairy figure even more of a prize in your collection.
    StormKitty
    I reckon this was harder work than the mosaic on Saturday! With that I'm off to bed.
    adiemcStormKittycarlq
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258

I reckon this was harder work than the mosaic on Saturday! With that I'm off to bed.

Sleep well, Kev.

You did good.
    StormKittySirKevbagsGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Wow, the things I miss because Mrs Q demanded I "turn that bloody thing off and go to sleep"...;-) What a fantastic result! Congrats, @Legoboy‌; Commiserations, @StormKitty‌, you put up a magnificent fight - I'll buy you lunch, too, at the show in November! :-) - and well done, @SirKevbags‌, for running such an exciting event (and coping with the anarchy so magnificently!).
    StormKittyLegoboySirKevbagsGothamConstructionCo
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    Legoboy said:

^ Nor mine. You suggested it wouldn't go above £30 yesterday! Deluded. ;o)

Even more deluded was this.

Welcome everyone to what I hope will be an exciting few minutes for all concerned :)

I went to bed as soon as the hammer came down. Congratulations @Legoboy and well done to everyone involved.
    StormKittyLegoboySirKevbags
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 905
    edited June 2014
    Wow. I was following this until late but I needed to go to sleep so I missed the climax! It was very exciting to watch and congratulations to @Legoboy. This is such a great cause so hats off for the bids. I'm pretty sure @Legoboy was adding to the drama by bidding after ever 'Going twice' but it was great to watch the excitement unfold.
    StormKittyLegoboyLego_StarSirKevbags
    Thank you time........

Last night was another example of the Brickset members supporting everything we do. I really mean when I say if there was no forum there would be no Fairy Bricks. So thanks to all for being involved, to Caroline and Nick for designing the Hairy Fairy, to the bidders, especially KT who ran things so close and finally to James for his staggering generosity, which to put into perspective is enough to pay for approximately half a hospital donation!
    scrumperShibcheshirecatdrdavewatfordLego_StarMinifigsMecarlqStormKittymessy
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    But I think the question we'd all like to know the answer to @SirKevbags‌ is, how does it feel to have sold yourself for that much? :-P
    MinifigsMecarlqStormKitty
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,453
    edited June 2014
    Well done everybody! It's great to see the forum and community being put to such good use.
    ShibadiemcMinifigsMecarlqLego_StarSirKevbagsBumblepantsStormKittymessy
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Massive thanks to everyone for making this such a special (and lucrative) Fairy Bricks event. Huge thanks to @Legoboy‌ and @stormkitty for staying in the game (and for everyone else for helping drive the price up). You've made some little kids (and some big kids) very happy! So proud to be part of this community.
    Now if someone can send us some chrome minifigs we can print something really special for next time! ;-)
    adiemccarlqLego_StarSirKevbagsStormKitty
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I couldn't keep up with all of this!

I knew Kev's limited edition ass was priceless, but honestly I didn't expect to see it go for that much coin. Such generosity, congratulations @Legoboy!

StormKittycarlqMinifigsMe
    edited June 2014

I couldn't keep up with all of this!

I knew Kev's limited edition ass was priceless, but honestly I didn't expect to see it go for that much coin. Such generosity, congratulations @Legoboy!

Excuse me? I'll have you know I'm the proud owner of a large comfortable arse, not an ass. Let's keep it British please ;)
    ShibStormKittyadiemcdrdavewatfordcarlqLostInTranslationmessyMinifigsMe
    What?! I thought brits say "bottom"!

:oP
    ^Actually those of us with any manners say posterior! :-P
    carlq
    I guess I've been watching to much Mr. Bean then!

Whatever the case, the fact is, that figure's 'arse' was made with AB(AS)S :oP
    Kev's arse is made of ABS? Then what are his abs made of? ;-)
    edited June 2014
    ^ Lets take one step back and ask a different question...

Just kidding Kev, of course you have a six pack!

;oP
    carlq
    I think this thread needs to be closed...the comments are getting more and more wrong.
    rancorbait
    edited June 2014
    Nope. No six pack and if it's supposed to be a middle age spread then it started when I was 4. More than happy with my barrel. For @carlq‌ its made of pork pies.
    rancorbaitLostInTranslationcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510

Nope. No six pack and if it's supposed to be a middle age spread then it started when I was 4. More than happy with my barrel. For @carlq‌ its made of pork pies.

I always think keg sounds better than barrel.
    So now that this exciting event is over I just have one question... when is the raffle?

I need to avenge my auction loss by winning several items in the raffle. ;o)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806

I always think keg sounds better than barrel.
    Sirkegbags!

Not that there is anything wrong with a bit of "body insulation". It is cold up north.
    MinifigsMecarlqSirKevbags
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    Do you think he would notice if it was changed?
    @samiam391 the Raffle is closer ☺ After Wednesday once @cheshirecat‌ and myself sign another form it will be closer still.
    adiemcscrumpercarlqStormKittyBumblepantsSirBen
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    NO. Sorry everyone, but we're going to have to do it all over again...

*pinches bridge of nose, long exhale* ...ahhhhhhhhh, I CANNOT believe i missed the WHOLE thing...

Oh well, there it is. :o)

(well done @legoboy )
    carlqMinifigsMe
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    Didn't you read the thread title @legomatt. :o)
    edited June 2014
    @scrumper Haah, very droll... nah, The WHOLE thing. (I was offline for over 24hrs). Thread didn't exist last i was here. Xo.

edited June 2014
    @legomatt That doesn't make sense, the thread was created end of May.

@legomatt I know. I just checked dates, and i posted since. I'm confused.

@legomatt YOU'RE confused? I'm talking to myself... You've been sleeping again, haven't I?

@legomatt probably.
    carlqCapnRex101MinifigsMe
    Um, @legomatt‌? You feeling all right? Come with me, I've got a nice room with lovely soft walls just for you, and also this pretty white jacket with sleeves that do up at the back....8-S
    legomattMinifigsMeGothamConstructionCo
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @legomatt - I have never met you in person, but I look forward to doing so at some point in the future. I can only imagine you are something of a modern Doc Brown :o)
    legomattGothamConstructionCo

@legomatt - I have never met you in person, but I look forward to doing so at some point in the future. I can only imagine you are something of a modern Doc Brown :o)

Really? Given his profile pic, I've always pictured him looking like Kate Bush (preferably the four-armed version from the "Hammer Horror" video - now THAT would be fun to recreate as a minifig...) :-P
    legomatt
    carlq said:

I've got... this pretty white jacket with sleeves that do up at the back....8-S

I've been looking for one of those for ages! Shops are always cleaned out, bl**dy resellers! :oD

Joking aside, that was genuinely nice of you to say and truly appreciated... Sadly i lack the white coat! hah! Though thankfully a fellow bricksetter seems able to set me up with one. Happy Days!
    carlq said:

Really? Given his profile pic, I've always pictured him looking like Kate Bush (preferably the four-armed version)

Well, you know what they say, to be four-armed, is to be forewarned. Ah... but this might put a scupper on our white coat deal, as I have the standard issue amount of two. But on the subject of who (or what) i look like... i think you might be more than just a mere fan of 'supers', cos' it has been said once before, years ago, strange as that sounds.

Of course, I should point out that over the years i've also been likened to a 'Gandalf as a young man', Jack Sparrow (that was good day!), 'Gary Oldman as Dracula', 'Gary Oldman as sirius black' (?), Miles Hunt (lead singer of a band), Rick Astley (that was not such a good day).
    Now, i'm well aware that as I haven't experienced a horde of screaming girls chasing me down the road, I take from this list that I probably give off an air of effeminate-wizard-with-weird teeth-and-naff-clothes than I do hunky-magic-pirate-rockstar... that, or people I have known hung out with mostly aliens. :o)
    carlqLegobutterflyGothamConstructionCo

Ditto :o)
    I think I need my own website, where people have to guess at my likeness. I'll call it 'Doc or Not'. :oD

Or we can have a drawing contest... i'll be judge, and I'll start be saying I'm open to bribery. Well, I do believe in a transparent process. :oP
    carlqGothamConstructionCo