Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

"reviewing" the unreleased LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain Set (#21020)

I was excited by the upcoming Trevi Fountain set, and I couldn't wait for it's release to try and build part of the model. Along the way, I discovered some of the cool building techniques that I believe will be employed in the final model, plus a sneak peek at some of the rare or interesting parts that I'm pretty confident are lurking within the set.

> LINK: http://tomalphin.com/2014/05/lego-trevi-fountain-21020-preview.html

I'm curious if anyone else has tried to build out a model like this before it's released? How close did you get?

I'm also curious to hear if you think I made any errors in my predictions. What do you think will be the most sought after piece in this set?

Sincerely,
---tom

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    edited May 2014

I'm curious if anyone else has tried to build out a model like this before it's released? How close did you get?

Sometimes they release a parts list before they release the instructions or a photo of the set - so the other way around to what you have done. The Robin Redbird polybag was a good example, with a number of people trying to guess what the finished model will look like based on the parst list rather than trying to figure out what parts are in it from the photo of the finished set.

For me, the part I want most is the white microfig. Lovely little marble statues. Also the white shield, again for marble minifig statues.
  • tomalphintomalphin Member Posts: 248
    Speaking of which, I should calculate the correct "microfig" scale and add it to my popular blog post where I Calculated Minifig Scale.

I bet it will be around 1:100.

---tom
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,915

Speaking of which, I should calculate the correct "microfig" scale and add it to my popular blog post where I Calculated Minifig Scale.

---tom

A microfig is almost exactly half the size of a minifigure. A microfig is two bricks tall, while a minifigure is four bricks tall. The same essentially holds true if you include a one plate thick hair piece on the minifigure and the head stud on the microfigure.

I've always like building things to 1:36 scale for minifigures because it is a decent compromise between scaling them by height (where they're closer to 1:48 scale) and by width (where they're closer to 1:24 scale).

---tom

A microfig is almost exactly half the size of a minifigure. A microfig is two bricks tall, while a minifigure is four bricks tall. The same essentially holds true if you include a one plate thick hair piece on the minifigure and the head stud on the microfigure.

I've always like building things to 1:36 scale for minifigures because it is a decent compromise between scaling them by height (where they're closer to 1:48 scale) and by width (where they're closer to 1:24 scale).

---tom