Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi!

glosminifigfanglosminifigfan United KingdomMember Posts: 94
Hi,

I'm Richard and joined Brickset Forums recently.

A bit about my Lego history: I played with Lego throughout most of my childhood. I had mainly City sets, but also the occasional themed set such as Pirates and Space.

My fave set from City was possibly #6481 'Construction Crew' because for some reason I loved the idea of the light-up road signs! I think I had most of the 'Light and Sound' sets! I also loved the #6661'Mobile TV Studio' set because I hadn't seen much blue Lego before and at the time I wanted to be a TV cameraman.

I was proud member of the Lego Club and reading 'Bricks n Pieces' was always exciting.

As I grew up I moved onto Technic. I remember the sheer excitement when I saw the TV adverts for the #8094 'Technic Control Centre'! I hoped to get it for Christmas so badly, and luckily I did indeed get it despite the significant cost. For some very odd reason I never built the 'plotter' model despite it being the main reason I wanted it.

One of the last Lego sets I wanted as a child was #8868 'AirTech Claw Rig' which I just loved the idea of because of the compressor which was motorised. No more pumping! I never got it as a kid so bought it 5 or 6 years ago and absolutely loved it!

For years I didn't buy any Lego because I had 'moved on' and I really didn't like the sets that were being sold. But in recent times I have got back into Lego and bought sets like the #5891 'Creator Apple Tree House', the #9396 'Technic Helicopter'. I also collect every Architecture Landmark model that I have seen for real!

I am so pleased to find such a great online community!

Richard.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,261
    Welcome aboard!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Nothing better than awakening from the Dark Ages. The ABS never smells as fresh. ;-)