Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hi!

glosminifigfanglosminifigfan United KingdomMember Posts: 93
Hi,

I'm Richard and joined Brickset Forums recently.

A bit about my Lego history: I played with Lego throughout most of my childhood. I had mainly City sets, but also the occasional themed set such as Pirates and Space.

My fave set from City was possibly #6481 'Construction Crew' because for some reason I loved the idea of the light-up road signs! I think I had most of the 'Light and Sound' sets! I also loved the #6661'Mobile TV Studio' set because I hadn't seen much blue Lego before and at the time I wanted to be a TV cameraman.

I was proud member of the Lego Club and reading 'Bricks n Pieces' was always exciting.

As I grew up I moved onto Technic. I remember the sheer excitement when I saw the TV adverts for the #8094 'Technic Control Centre'! I hoped to get it for Christmas so badly, and luckily I did indeed get it despite the significant cost. For some very odd reason I never built the 'plotter' model despite it being the main reason I wanted it.

One of the last Lego sets I wanted as a child was #8868 'AirTech Claw Rig' which I just loved the idea of because of the compressor which was motorised. No more pumping! I never got it as a kid so bought it 5 or 6 years ago and absolutely loved it!

For years I didn't buy any Lego because I had 'moved on' and I really didn't like the sets that were being sold. But in recent times I have got back into Lego and bought sets like the #5891 'Creator Apple Tree House', the #9396 'Technic Helicopter'. I also collect every Architecture Landmark model that I have seen for real!

I am so pleased to find such a great online community!

Richard.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,590
    Welcome aboard!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Nothing better than awakening from the Dark Ages. The ABS never smells as fresh. ;-)