Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rumoured CMF S12 list

124»

Comments

• SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 550
    Folks, you will all give me any Spooky Girls you find. That is all.
    StormKitty
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    This Series looks great. Definitely adding the Pizza guy to my City set up :)

The Amazonian is still my favorite.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Is this the first series that has had multiple figs that go with each other theme wise? The princess, wizard and jester all look like they fit together. Don't remember that happening in previous series. Wonder if we'll be getting a new castle or fantasy theme.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Brick fan listed them at $4 a bag, matching the same as the Simpsons. Which also means I'm not buying. Unless the Lego stores are planning on raising the price of three build your own MF's to $12.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited July 2014
    ^ Yep, Argos has listed them at £2.50 matching the movie & simpsons figs, which i suspected would happen once one price increase had slipped through.
    I'm hoping Argos is just trying to pull a fast one, and the price will settle back to below £2 once widely available. 50p isn't much, but it all adds up when you want the full set plus extras.
    andhe
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    I seem to remember Argos listed the Simpsons CMFs for slightly less than RRP (only by like 10p or something) so unless they are trying to recoup the 'loss' from that I think it's fairly safe to say that £2.50 will be standard, which was what I was expecting.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Looks like a good series. The detail in the printing keeps improving. I particularly like the Lifeguard and Pizza Delivery Guy. Hopefully WHS will have them at a reasonable price and be running their £5 off £15. Or maybe Smyths will do a sealed box again at an overall discount to RRP, at the same point that they do a 10% off weekend or something similar.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,524
    Argos are selling the simpsons minifigs for £1.99 now.
    You could buy 13 for £25.87 and get a £5 voucher.
    Which would make them the equivalent of ~£1.81 each. :)
    With another £2.50 left over to take off some lego later.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Yup, there's always ways to get CMF's cheaper.

The price increases are discouraging for sure, but it won't keep me from completing another set. I probably won't buy as many extras :)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,962
    ^ Right. For me it means not being a completion it's and just getting the ones we need. I will probably be paying the same amount.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,990
    My local tesco have just put out a whole new endcap of series 11 figs... guess they had them gathering dust out the back somewhere. No price, but guessing £2.50. Guess I won't be seeing series 12 in that store for some time...

(Unless anyone wants to buy 2 sealed boxes...)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,690
    graphite said:

Is this the first series that has had multiple figs that go with each other theme wise? The princess, wizard and jester all look like they fit together. Don't remember that happening in previous series. Wonder if we'll be getting a new castle or fantasy theme.

I don't think so, there have been a few that could be paired before.

S3 had space villain and alien.
    S4 had the monster and the werewolf, and the hockey player and ice-skater.
    S6 had galaxy girl and alien.

There is sometimes a few city workers in a single series too, waiter and plumber for example.

In this series there is also a tenuous link between the game player and the pizza boy :-)

I doubt the inclusion of three similar themed minifigs means much, we'll probably continue to get castle / fantasy sets anyway.

For me, it is one of the more useful series, although the inclusion of more historical / warrior types, castle / medieval people and city workers / people is always going to be good in my book. Plus a coupe of odd ones (pig and spooky girl here) for a bit of fun.

Even in the characters I don't like, I can see some useful parts.
    Shib
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    I've let it sink in for a bit before making my mind up...overall I'm very happy with this series. In fact I think the only one of these that I might say I was disappointed with is the genie girl, but frankly I wasn't expecting to be impressed with her anyway. It looks like the 'legs'/smoke trail might have some sparkly print on which is more than I was expecting.

I'll probably do with these what I did with series 11 and acquire them all, just slowly with no massive determination to get them quick.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I like the Spooky Girl's teddy bear. I think it's a great new design on what's becoming a frequently used element.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    The new wizard hat is awesome too , and if they made it in solid red you could make a gnome with a real gnome hat.
    sidersdd
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I'm not a huge fan of some of them. But I am working on collecting them all so I have a complete collection for the office/lego room. I like the more unique ones. Baseball players and cheerleaders don't interest me much.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 722
    Piggy Guy needed for sure to continue the costumed peeps collection.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I already got my list of wants for this series:
    Piggy Guy
    Hun Warrior
    Space Miner
    Gamer
    Pizza Guy
    Prospector

Others I might buy if they go on sale.
    CCC said:

graphite said:

I don't think so, there have been a few that could be paired before.

S3 had space villain and alien.
    S4 had the monster and the werewolf, and the hockey player and ice-skater.
    S6 had galaxy girl and alien.

There is sometimes a few city workers in a single series too, waiter and plumber for example.

In this series there is also a tenuous link between the game player and the pizza boy :-)

I doubt the inclusion of three similar themed minifigs means much, we'll probably continue to get castle / fantasy sets anyway.

For me, it is one of the more useful series, although the inclusion of more historical / warrior types, castle / medieval people and city workers / people is always going to be good in my book. Plus a coupe of odd ones (pig and spooky girl here) for a bit of fun.

Even in the characters I don't like, I can see some useful parts.
    From the examples you listed there were all themes for those around the time frame of the series. Galaxy squad and Alien Conquest. Monster fighters. Not the plumber but the Parisian got a waiter. Hockey and ice skater i'd discount from a possible theme anyway because of all the skater/surfer/sports ones that just fit a CMF line.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    According a post from Lego on Facebook, they're available October 1st. Quite looking forward to them really!
  • pugmompugmom Member Posts: 5
    I am looking forward to them! I think there is a nice amount of variety in there!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,707
    I hope that LEGO sees that Simpsons are still on the shelf and rethink their 4 USD a CMF pack stance here. 4 is just too much, you are getting a figure and quite frankly LEGO would probably pitch a fit if everyone knew two things:
    1) how much it costs to build a figure through parts direct, and it is no where near 4 dollars a figure. (let alone the BaM in stores being about 3.33 USD)
    2) that these are made in China, so you know production costs are super low (as is the quality of the plastic)

I'm guessing 4 USD is sadly here to stay, unless people vote with their wallets and do not buy them. One can hope, as the LEGO store by me still had the Simpsons CMFs. Im sure that also has to do with the fact not everyone loves Simpsons and would not collect them (and no 'army builders' etc) but one would think the price point is also scaring casual Simpsons fans and general LEGO fans off. We will know if we all see S12 sitting around until S14 is out and see if LEGO has to discount them to move them, then I'm guessing/hoping the price may come down again .
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^Yep...I think it will be $3.99 in the USA. I may pick up a select few (at most), but that's it. Getting the entire series would cost over $70 where I live, and I'd rather purchase a larger set if I get anything at all.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I'm thinking I may bow out after Series 12. It won't be easy as the CMF are hands down my favorite theme. The price increase is ridiculous though and I feel the need to speak up with my wallet on this one. A set of 16 will set me back $68.32 after tax now. That's just a little too much of my Lego budget for 16 figs. Oh well - It was fun while it lasted.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited August 2014
    Considering how late I am to the party and how perfect nearly everything in series twelve is for my three year old (everything but spooky and the space miner would fit in with her play style), I'll actively pursue discounts for them - 2/$5 at TRU will be perfect.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    edited September 2014
    I saw the new shelf tags at Meijer. $3.99 :(. I couldn't decipher the name, but this was the meijer selling Simpsons CMF at $2.99.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    WhiteFang's review is up at http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99623

Distribution of reviewed box:

4 Wizards
    3 Hun Warriors
    3 Fairytale Princesses
    5 Video Game Guys
    4 Battle Goddesses
    5 Space Miners
    3 Lifeguards
    3 Prospectors
    3 Jesters
    4 Dino Trackers
    4 Pizza Delivery Guys
    4 Rock Stars
    5 Swashbucklers
    4 Piggy Guys
    3 Genie Girls
    3 Spooky Girls

Can't wait for these to be in the shops!
    andhemargot
    Good thing the army builder video game guy gets 5. Was worried about having a hard time building my 40 man WoW raid MOC.
    BumblepantsPitfall69pharmjodmaniacandhebinaryeyedannyrwwcarlqnerick906
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 476
    At least we don't have any 2 per box figs, but why oh why are the hun warriors 3 per box, surely this is an army builder.