Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rumoured CMF S12 list

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    I'm sure some people would frown on it as ott marketing but they could even label some of those that have an obvious theme match on the leaflets with "goes great with Monster Fighters" to, in some small way, invite them into the theme and out of separate sorted by CMF series displays
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,377
    I really like anything history related, especially the Greek ones, but I would love to see a specific Greek theme for all these Minifigures to go with ...the parts are all there considering what was used with the Atlantis theme
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    magri said:

From a Japanese catologue:

The wizard is clearly Merlin from The Once and Future King.

I'm not really sure who the target audience is for that, but perhaps there are some AFOLs who are also fans of T.H. White.
    Cosworth3d
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    The "Amazon" is clearly my favorite.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I like this series so far. I think it's cool to have a newly designed wizard, the amazon chick is awesome, the rest are ok, but that's the way every series is to me. My only complaint (being a pirate fan) is when I heard swashbuckler, I was hoping for a regular pirate, not another pirate captain. To see more of a "musketeer" was a bit of a bummer, but I'll take as opposed to having nothing from that era.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    To bad we don't get a new beard color on the wizard, one of the things I look forward to in CMF is new colors, prints, moulds etc...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,687

The wizard is clearly Merlin from The Once and Future King.

I'm not really sure who the target audience is for that, but perhaps there are some AFOLs who are also fans of T.H. White.

I don't think it is so narrowly focussed to a single book. Merlin has been depicted in a similar style for hundreds of years ...

carlqandhelegomattTheBigLegoskiGurooojasor
    ^ I think it's fair to say that it's just based on the generic wizard model that has been a stock standard for ages as @CCC pointed out, it's not a new look at all
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^^ That picture looks like someone has done one of those 'magic paper fold' tricks (similar to the 'smiling Queen' trick with UK banknotes) because...

His face appears stuck in a centrefold (*cough*), which makes him look like he's really happy (*Must. Resist. Temptation.*), as though chuckling about some private joke... knowing merlin, it was probably some word-play based on promising to be flanked by two exotic birds, and how crestfallen the artist now looks.

Fun Fact*: Apparently, Merlin also invented stickers...

*not a fact (but you do have to be a wizard to complete an album**)

**Sticker companies inform me that, while not tested, this is an unproven claim.
    carlq
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Shib said:

I'm sure some people would frown on it as ott marketing but they could even label some of those that have an obvious theme match on the leaflets with "goes great with Monster Fighters" to, in some small way, invite them into the theme and out of separate sorted by CMF series displays

I can imagine the marketing guy trying to figure that one out...

"Goes great with Monster Fighters...oh wait, that line is cancelled. Ok, please see your friendly neighborhood reseller...crap, that's not what we want. Wait, you can buy the Haunted House still, here's a coupon tha...crap, can't do that either. Look, just buy it."
    CircleKjasor
    ^ The fact that often the theme it would work with isn't available at the same time would be a good defence against people calling it shameless marketing and lots of people would find that frustrating too.

I just mention it based on my experience, when I started collecting CMFs it was just about completing the sets. As stupid as it sounds mixing them with existing themes to add extra bits to the sets just didn't occur to me until I got past the just collecting mini figures phase and started actually really looking at them, thinking what I might use them for and which I might want more of. I think everyone goes through different stages of rationalising their collection and what they are doing with it after coming out of dark ages, that was my stupidest thing I think, being narrow minded.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

Shib said:

I can imagine the marketing guy trying to figure that one out...

"Goes great with Monster Fighters...oh wait, that line is cancelled. Ok, please see your friendly neighborhood reseller...crap, that's not what we want. Wait, you can buy the Haunted House still, here's a coupon tha...crap, can't do that either. Look, just buy it."
    "And if you purchase $75 worth of them we will send you an exclusive poly bag for free!!! Wait... I mean if your household hasn't already received one... Dammit - can't put that either! Like I said, just buy it already!!!"
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    Cant wait !!
    On a quick walk past the toy aisle in tesco I thought I spotted something new, then realised they were hanging other things on the Lego tags.
    andheminicoopers11
    ^ ooo, that makes me mad :P
    ^^unfortunately that practice has been going on for quite a while at my local tesco
    edited June 2014
    ^^^ Maybe we need to start carrying big, black & yellow hazard, 'NOT' stickers around with us, to slap over the LEGO logo wherever it is misused. :oP

I vote we drive around in an A-team van as we do it, and burst into the store to cause as much disturbance as possible.

"Stand back, everyone, we're the LogoBusters; We believe there may be Misappropriation of Corporate Branding, with potential to mislead the customer and/or be harmful to the viability of the company legal right to protect its intellectual property, occurring right now in this very store!... is this meGaPHONE ON? AH THAT'S IT. THERE IS NO NEED TO BE ALARMED. PLEASE GO ABOUT YOUR SHOPPING AS NORMAL. Excuse me miss, did you buy that football figure thinking it to be a Lego product?"

Clearly, Dan Aykroyd will play my part in the film.
    :oP
    TheBigLegoskiGurooocarlqsidersddbobabricks
    ^Actually very tempted to make some 'NOT' stickers now :-P
    TheBigLegoskicarlqbobabricks
    edited June 2014
    I should probably mention that defacing store signage is probably illegal, and not to be encouraged (what stores do with them is another matter apparently). :oP

...Not to mention the confusion caused if they actually put Lego products back there... :oD
    TheBigLegoski
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    @legomatt‌
    Hahaha!
    This whacky Lego-sticker shop ambush proposal of yours is so hilarious! It could be an extract from a script/scene from 'the Big Bang Theory'.

ps.
    I stumbled onto a Kate Bush documentary the other day; which among other things included footage of a bunch of fans meeting up along the coast somewhere near, but not to near to where she lives, out of respect for her privacy, as she is said to be reclusive, celebrating her birthday. And I don't know why but it made me think of this guy out here on this Lego-forum who goes by the name legomatt.
    carlq
    edited June 2014

I stumbled onto a Kate Bush documentary the other day; which included footage of a bunch of fans meeting up along the coast somewhere near, but not too near to where she lives, celebrating her birthday.

Hmm, yes. Those would be the fanatics in a truer sense of the word, an older generation's equivalent of a 'belieber'. :oP
    *ducks for cover in case of surprise lynching from men in brown wigs and red dresses violently waving side to side with intent to cause abdominal rupture*
    TheBigLegoski
    Now that would be pretty disturbing, well you better close your window! Before they climb through it and go all karatekate on you.

Oooh! How I hated that book by Emily Bronte. More then 300 pages of torture, never thought of Kate Bush though when I had to read that.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    The latest LEGO Club Magazine has revealed images of a further three Series 12: Spooky Girl, Piggy Guy, and the Prospector:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/more-lego-collectible-minifigures-71007-series-12-minifigures-revealed/

I love the Spooky Girl. Who's the guy in the top right? The article doesn't identify him as a CMF - is he from the new Agents line?
    GuroooLostInTranslationbobabricksTXLegoguy
    I like piggy man, and the spooky girl's teddy. Not a fan of her skirt (as normal for all skirts).

That other guy is an Agent.
    For the piggy guy, I think I will replace the yellow head with a white one, with a decal of teeth on it. So it looks like he is eating the apple.
    pharmjod
    I love the animal suit ones so piggy guy, awesome! I like the teddy that Spooky girl has.

@Steve_J_OM‌ I believe he is one of the ultra agents, seeing as there's also a Chima fig and an arctic city fig it makes sense.
    That prospector will probably be easy to find because that hat is outrageous and I love it and I love the Wild West :D

The piggy guy is pretty cute and I will probably get it and the spooky girl is a little on the creepy side but still cool :)
    edited July 2014
    The spooky girl is probably meant to be an Addams Family (Wednesday?) type thing, but my immediate thought was also Winona Ryder's character from Beetlejuice... even though it probably doesn't look like her at all (i can't actually remember what she looked like in that).. but was just what i thought of.

Ooh, actually, my memory might not be badly wrong...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101210083021/beetlejuice/images/c/ca/LydiaDeetz05.png
    edited July 2014
    Mmmh Okay... so the Emo's have arrived too in la la lego land.

Piggy man is wicked!
    Now you can build your own Pigs in space MOC
    StormKittySirBenbobabrickscarlqjasorpugmom
    Man... I'm so amped for this series!!! It's nice to see a return the standard CMF formula after the TLM and Simpsons. I almost hate to admit that CMF is my favorite theme. I enjoy collecting them as much as I do building.
    bobabricks
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I haven't really looked much into the CMF. I think I might start with this series and add them to my display collection. If I like them enough I might have to go back and get 1-11.
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Spooky Girl and a Mime could hang out on your Lego City street corners being depressed, Goths to go with the Skaters and Rockers already out there. Now when are we going to get Mods in long coats with scooters?
    TheBigLegoski
    @kyrotek and the sad clown ;)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    ^ and the vampire since all goth kids are just trying to be vampires =)
    bobabricksoceanangel
  • oceanangeloceanangel Member Posts: 149
    omg spooky girl could be me a few years ago :D
    bobabricks
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    Definitely love the pizza guy!
    Pitfall69
    edited July 2014
    For the new ones, I like the princess, and the bare torso for the lifeguard is another useful one. The hun is OK, not as good as I hoped. Jester is a bit too weird colours for me, I prefer the existing kingdoms ones, and not too bothered about the female genies either. Has she got sand in her eye or something? Not interested in the rocker girl, pizzaman a nice little addition to the everyday jobs for city.

Now the only questions remaining are what is the distribution going to be and what is the goddess's underwear like? I'm assume white hips and plain yellow legs, shame they didn't print her skirt.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 828
    Thanks legomatt, these figures are looking pretty cool, I particularly like the pig man, goddess and off course the Jester (perhaps his joker card come be useful for the Heath Ledger Joker figure in the tumbler). :D
  • ChrissyGlenChrissyGlen Member Posts: 9
    I see that they've got it named as series 14.
    Wow! This turned out to be a great series. The Dino hunter is the only one I really don't care for.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 871
    edited July 2014
    And not a robot in sight! Woop!

ps is that a new base for the wizard? Seems to be a curvy line rather than a straight line, but perhaps that's just artistic license?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    CCC said:

and what is the goddess's underwear like? I'm assume white hips and plain yellow legs, shame they didn't print her skirt./blockquote>

From that image it almost looks like the skirt is ABS and not cloth. Like the "tail" piece for Rocket the Raccoon that goes over the legs. Might just be a rendering thing but I'd love it if they gave up on those crappy cloth skirts.

graphite said:

CCC said:

and what is the goddess's underwear like? I'm assume white hips and plain yellow legs, shame they didn't print her skirt./blockquote>

From that image it almost looks like the skirt is ABS and not cloth. Like the "tail" piece for Rocket the Raccoon that goes over the legs. Might just be a rendering thing but I'd love it if they gave up on those crappy cloth skirts.

The cloth skirts always look like abs in the renders. I've thought the same thing a few times in the past with previous releases, but it always ends up being cloth which I hate. At least with the Goddess, a white slope should double for a toga skirt and her legs can be replaced.

edited July 2014
    It probably is cloth. I hate the cloth skirts, the printed ones look so much better to me. Shame, seeing as they went as far as printing sandals on her toes.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,524
    Mostly good figures here and they should be easy to identify by feeling. :)

TXLegoguy
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Good looking set, I think. Now we hope to see if it sits at $3 or $4/bag, right?
    TXLegoguy