Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rumoured CMF S12 list

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Has just been posted on hothbricks:
Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Sounds pretty good to me!
TXLegoguyLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoStormKittypharmjodCircleKmaniacjasorJennisidersddcarlqbobabricksCapnRex101Gurooolegodudelegomattsweetness34HarryPotterLoverT_LarsJohnnyfinlandiaGreenArrow57Penkid11TheBigLegoskiBuzzsawlegoman1234

Comments

• Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    If this is the true list, there are some potential great figures coming out.
    pharmjod
  • ArtfulDodgerArtfulDodger Member Posts: 106
    "Piggy Guy"? What, as in Lord of the Flies?
    LostInTranslationStormKittyShibcarlq
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Comes with a spear sharpened at both ends!
    StormKitty
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    edited May 2014
    Pizza Delivery Man and Video Game Guy sound cool; just hoping the collectible minifigures are going back to their regular price of £1.99 each.

I'm guessing the Piggy Guy is a minifigure in a costume; like the bunny and panda.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 743
    edited May 2014
    I was so excited when series 1 came out. Now 13 series in and nearly 200 minfs (that's what my daughter calls them), I, and even she, kinda just roll our eyes.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    The Hun Warrior could be pretty cool. Will be interested to see what they do there.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    These all look "fine," some more interesting than others. I suppose I was beginning to find excitement in this series with the more recent specialty lines - Simpsons and LEGO Movie, where they seem like a really unique treat. Also, I'm noticing the "blind bag" phenomenon REALLY taking over some toy aisles. My gut is, it can't last forever.

All that said: glad LEGO is doing these - so many great new parts and interesting figures come out of the CMF lines.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,322
    If true there are some potentially very useful Minifigures on this list. It's all well and good to say they've done too many but frankly there are still so many more Minifigures to do that could be useful for AFOLs making MOC displays and CFOLs wanting to play
    jasorTheLoneTensorBrickDancerGothamConstructionCo
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    At a $3.99 MSRP I just can't afford to collect the whole series. Will only get the ones I really like.
    madforLEGOFarmer_John
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Sounds kinda fantasy-heavy: Wizard, battle goddess, jester, princess with fringe fantasy-ish things: swashbuckler, genie girl, hun warrior.

Not that this is a bad thing. Here's hoping Meijer still does $2.99!
    Infinityman
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Though, back on the "$3.99, wtf?" bandwagon, at TRU the other day, they had the Simpsons cmfs right next to the Anakin and Police boat chase polys, all priced at $3.99. It's really hard to say things are all equitable with one of the polys has 45 pieces, the other poly has two minifigs and pieces, and the third has but a single minifig and a piece or two.
    madforLEGOJohnnyfinlandiabinaryeye
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I hope spooky girl has a Wednesday Adams like appearance. She would be an excellent addition to the Haunted House!
    sidersddcarlq
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    Bring them on! Before Lego stops with these blind packs, please do a series for Marvel and DC.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,716
    Lifeguard - the Hoff? - might be useful if it means another "topless" torso, but obviously a repeat of S2 presumably in male form.

The Hun (if they mean a Eastern European style warrior) sounds great. I assume they don't mean WW1 German. I'll be saving some horses for them.

Prospector - I'm guessing a beardy guy with a gold nugget.

Jester and dino tracker both sound a bit lame having come from recent series (Kingdoms and Dino) and Genie Girl sounds like female version of the previous one, but I guess we have to wait and see.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,962
    Via name alone I think we will want about 1/2.

For my haunted house alone, I am really hoping for a cool spooky girl.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598

"Piggy Guy"? What, as in Lord of the Flies?

Classic!!

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 743
    I think it's the time (or lack of) between each series that's half the problem with these releases. If they were to bring out one, or even 2 series a year I wouldn't feel so jaded about it. That said @CircleK is right. Spooky girl sounds interesting.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,634
    Interestingly, I know someone who starred in the 1963 Lord of the Flies film.
    andhe
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    If Spooky Girl does turn out to be a Wednesday Addams-esque character, I'm thinking we'll be getting the Bavarian Girl's plaits in black...just what I've been waiting for. And oh, I've been longing for a female genie! :-)
    legomattLegobutterfly
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    Thank Kirk! A normal minifigure series! I'm surprised it's series 12, I thought it would be 14...

At a $3.99 MSRP I just can't afford to collect the whole series. Will only get the ones I really like.

The price will most likely go back to normal, the only reason the Simpsons were so expensive was because of licensing.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,368
    carlq said:

And oh, I've been longing for a female genie! :-)

A sentiment shared by many I am sure ;-)
    Pitfall69MatthewlegomattYellowcastlecarlqjasorpvp3020
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    Awesome list, Day 1 Pre-order for me.
    donutboy said:

I think it's the time (or lack of) between each series that's half the problem with these releases. If they were to bring out one, or even 2 series a year I wouldn't feel so jaded about it. That said @CircleK is right. Spooky girl sounds interesting.

Well technically this Series will come in October.
    That is a 13 month break between 11 and 12.
    Sounds genius to me to refresh everyone.

The price will most likely go back to normal, the only reason the Simpsons were so expensive was because of licensing.
    No it will be full $4, a Toy Fair 2014 confirmed this already.

But honestly those who say there are too many are a bit out of touch with reality, TLM Series sold out in record time, each CMF has been notoriously hard to find consistently in stores. And more Series means more unique figs we would have most likely never gotten. I don't know about everyone else but I don't keep them "think tank" style, I place them all with the respective themes and sets so it is all gravy to me.

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,506
    When I see 3.99 on the tag that's it. I'm Done. If they keep up the price increases, they won't need to make series 14.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Possibly, or they will keep making them and will go back to limited quantities just like with Series 1 and 2.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    oldtodd33 said:

When I see 3.99 on the tag that's it. I'm Done. If they keep up the price increases, they won't need to make series 14.

I keep telling myself that as well, but I already know that I will probably fold once they are released. CMF is like CircleK catnip. I just want to roll around on them while someone pets my belly.

What the price increase will mean for me is no more set completing. I will only buy the ones I can't live without which is what I should be doing anyways.
    The_Mad_Vulcan
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited May 2014
    oldtodd33 said:

They are probably expecting growth to be huge. Afterall each S12 CMF is MMO ready so to speak, coming with a redemption code for digital content. If that catches on they will have a entirely new marketshare, gamers buying them for the codes, collectors collecting and most importantly the casuals who buy them at impulse.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,506
    I don't think you will find too many AFOL's getting serious with a Lego MMO. I also don't think you will get too many serious gamers playing a Lego MMO, it's not violent enough and probably too childish, if that's the right word. So all you'll have left are the casual buyers doing impulse purchases. I could be wrong though, who knows.

A serious question though is. What is the advantage for them to raise the price but only make half of what they used to? It seems to me they would be better off selling more cheaper to get people excited to buy a larger Lego set. When they see the price they will just think Lego is too expensive and go for a cheaper brand instead.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ I think they're about to alienate one of the key buyers of the CMFs which is parents that don't want to spend $12+ for a set but can satisfy their kids with a $3 fig. Sure it is now only $4 but at some point those people will decide it is too much just for one figure and stop.
    Johnnyfinlandia
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2014
    carlq said:

I've been longing for a female genie! :-)

I was about to respond in typical fashion, when...

So, reckon I'll just join the queue then. :o)

As for the list, definite high hopes for this series. They all sound great.
    They better start making these CMFs in Europe and Mexico, this is the second time lego has put up the price on CMFs!
    ^Second?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    $1.99 -> $2.99 -> $3.99
    Pitfall69bobabricksandhe
    edited May 2014
    Ahhhh. I misunderstood, I thought he meant only 2 prices.
    100% price increase is a hard brick to swallow for those who still remember the golden days. Similar for the 'exclusive no discount' rule and the awesome days before it. None of the newbies are aware of how great it used to be (or realize how crappy it now is).
    ^True, but I also remember the late 90's where there were no licensed sets and all the town sets were crap.
    edited May 2014
    Maybe not that golden =) But at least for the modern era of reselling, there was a 'golden period' from say '08 to '12 where it tapered off to what we have now. When we saw real discounts on the good stuff. Not these peanuts of 'double VIP' that we clamor for nowadays.
    Pitfall69bobabricks
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,962
    oldtodd33 said:

I don't think you will find too many AFOL's getting serious with a Lego MMO. I also don't think you will get too many serious gamers playing a Lego MMO, it's not violent enough and probably too childish, if that's the right word. So all you'll have left are the casual buyers doing impulse purchases. I could be wrong though, who knows.

A serious question though is. What is the advantage for them to raise the price but only make half of what they used to? It seems to me they would be better off selling more cheaper to get people excited to buy a larger Lego set. When they see the price they will just think Lego is too expensive and go for a cheaper brand instead.

First, do we really think that a majority of the CMF sales are coming from AFOLs and gamers? I would assume a very large portion of the sales are coming from kids. They would be the ones interested in a kids online game.

Second, Lego would not be doing this if they thought they were going to only get 1/2 the sales. They are going to advertise this as an MMO. What kid is not going to want to try being a Lego character after seeing the Lego movie.

If the game is good enough, they will get a huge boost from kids, because $4 is far cheaper than things like Skylanders or Disney infinity characters.

andhelegodude
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited May 2014
    vwong19 said:

Bring them on! Before Lego stops with these blind packs, please do a series for Marvel and DC.

I hope not! Then I'll have to break a promise to myself not to purchase the entire set even if they cost $3.99 each.
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    "Space Miner"
    ...hmmm... updated M-TRON?!!!
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    I wonder if Video Game Guy would be a gamer, or possibly (not) a specific character from a video game. Maybe they will finally make the torso needed to make a (not) Mario minifig, as is possible in the City Undercover game.
    It would be cool if the gamer comes with a consol and controler, the new head set piece would also be a nice addition :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I think there was a typo and we're really just getting a Space Minor (i.e. Elroy Jetson).
    carlqBumblepantsbobabricksPitfall69GothamConstructionCo
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    legomatt said:

carlq said:

I've been longing for a female genie! :-)

I was about to respond in typical fashion, when...

So, reckon I'll just join the queue then. :o)

As for the list, definite high hopes for this series. They all sound great.
    I realised too late that I missed a trick, and should have said "I'm dreaming of a female genie" - so I'll just redeem myself by hoping she comes with light brown hair. ;-)
    LegobutterflylegomattPitfall69

Thank Kirk! A normal minifigure series! I'm surprised it's series 12, I thought it would be 14...

It makes sense, seeing as the last numbered series was Series 11.

TLM and Simpsons don't count as they were not numbered series, just like Team GB didn't count to the numbering scheme in the past.
    bobabricks
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,996

Sounds kinda fantasy-heavy: Wizard, battle goddess, jester, princess with fringe fantasy-ish things: swashbuckler, genie girl, hun warrior.

Not that this is a bad thing. Here's hoping Meijer still does $2.99!

I'm guessing this might be the influence of being connected to the online game. Seeing as the figures will come with a code to access the in-game character (I've been led to assume), you can see why there might be more action-oriented figures.

Personally I think it's a fantastic list (if true), though the price increase does make it a little harder to swallow. I'll wait to see what the actual designs look like before making my call, but it does make buying/splitting a case a lot more attractive, especially if they go back to the 3 sets a box format (as the Simpsons one's were).

Please be a white wizard hat and green jester!

CCCsidersdd
    edited May 2014
    andhe said:

Please be a white wizard hat

Yes please!

I'd really like some short legs in white too.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    My perspective on rumoured CMF line-ups has changed since I decided to no longer buy every minifig, regardless of each one's merit, just to have a full collection. Before, I would dwell on those that I have no interest in, or are derivative of previous minifigs (in this case, I would probably have been bemoaned the lifeguard and the female genie) rather than look forward to those which sound interesting. Now, I'm quite looking forward to seeing pictures to corroborate the list and see what they look like.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,322
    edited May 2014
    ^ i think thats the healthy approach...i can see myself wanting quite a lot from this list, but since the Mr Gold Fiasco I've given up collection every on from every series.

(incidentally I use the term fiasco not as judgement of TLG for putting out the Mr Gold fig but more as judgement on myself for the amount of time I wasted thinking I might find one!)
    andhe
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    edited May 2014
    Having already fabricated display cases for the next few series, it makes it difficult to decide not to collect all 16.

As @TheLoneTensor stated, it's difficult to pick up a single CMF pack with 1 minifig and a couple accessories, when 30227 is hanging next to it with 2 minifigs, ski boat, etc. for the same price.
    Infinityman