Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Event on the 7th June

TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
Hi all,

I was just in the local corner shop and they had the attached poster up about an event on in Chippenham on the 7th June.

Now I don't know much about it yet but will do some ringing around tomorrow to try and find out more. I can't see it being official, but the poster looks quite official! So if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Either way I know we have some members around Bristol, Swindon and Bath so thought I would share it.

Cheers
Jon

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,626
    It's in the same general region as the STEAM event, so I wonder if anyone there is involved. Or at least has access to the powers that be at TLG to get their logo on the poster.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I'm pretty confident that no permission to use the logo will have been given.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,007
    as a sign maker i can tell you getting a logo on a poster is easy, getting it with full permissions etc is another thing...look at the fact there is no small print at the bottom, that says it all.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,490

I'm pretty confident that no permission to use the logo will have been given.

Yes, seeing as even The Great Western Lego Show is now called The Great Western Brick Show....
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    I have manged to find out a little more information on it. All the LEgo for sale has been donated by LEGO apparently. Im not sure tbh.

I will be going along and will investigate more.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @teamladd‌ please do! Especially the donation part. I may just choke on my chicken sandwich if that is true!
    ^ Will do Mate.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    That poster looks very similar to official LEGO artwork - despite the unlikeliness of it being organised/sponsored by TLG, I'd be surprised it that poster didn't come out of their graphics department...
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,434
    It seems to be a charity event for this group in Chippenham.
    http://www.springboardchippenham.co.uk/
    So been to the event. Was surprised to see an official Lego Representatvie there selling sets and polys. I will do a full list of what I got later for cheap prices.

@sirkevbags I have some interesting news for you. Will send you a PM later.

So the event was ok not fantastic but worth the £2 entry. Especially as the My two were under 4 so they were free.

THey had a table set out with all brand new bricks that the children could build what they wanted to take away with them. My Son built a wall apparently so brought that home with us.

There was also colouring painting tables which again was good for the little ones.

The Lego they were selling was all from Lego and there was a representative there. He was rally nice and chatty.

This is what I bought:

#40048 Bday Cake Poly
    # Han Solo Hoth Poly x 2
    # TC-4 Poly x 2
    # 6063335 Lego Movie Promo Poly

All of the above were a staggering price of £1!!!!! I was like keeping my excitement to myself. I would of bought more but they didnt have loads of these.

# 3221 Lego City Truck
    # 7206 Lego City Helicopter

The above were £20 for both.

I think you have to agree these were fantastic prices.

The morning raised £2050 for a local charity which was great.
    StormKitty
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Sounds good.
    Pity of the timing as I was down there a couple of weeks ago visiting a friend who lives in Chippenham, (I think there was some sort of folk festival on that weekend). I'm back in a couple of weeks time, but couldn't stretch to another trip this weekend. some great finds though by the sounds of it :-)