The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Assistance with buying from Bricklink...

joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
As the title says really.

I am after some basic bricks, mostly 1x1, 2x1, 2x2 4x1 etc in black, white, red and blue to put together some 8-bit designs but am really struggling with BL.

I have been looking at Cavegod's shop and he has most of what I am after but really struggling overall.

The prices seem cheaper than PAB, is this generally the case?

Any help appreciated.

Joel

Comments

• CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 815
    Joel

Most Bricklink prices are usually cheaper than PAB but there are exceptions.

I have a Bricklink store (Central Bricks) in the UK and can probably help you. What problems are you having with Bricklink? I also have a large quantity of sets not yet parted so if you want to send me a message with what you are after I should be able to help. Shipping in my store is a flat £2.00 in the UK.

Calv
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I have found the easiest way to get several bricks, plates, tiles, etc I am after from Bricklink is to place the items into a wanted list. Then you can look for a store that sells these, once you have found a store you like, like Central Bricks, you go to the top left hand part and clink on the link, find parts from my wanted list....this will give you a list of all the parts this seller has that you want.

I just did a large order from Bricklink of 658 pieces of Lego like this for my Green Grocer store. Just be careful, some stores have several of the same parts, and sometimes some are cheaper, and some are new and some are used. So watch for this. I only got catch out once and bought double of one part, no problem though as I now have spares.

Good Luck.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,787
    edited May 2014
    Use the 'catalog' search perimeter and search for' 1x2 brick'. It will show you the catalog entry for the standard 1x2 brick. Click on the link, and then search by color for what you are looking for, that window will also show you what color are in what sets. Then you can further narrow down by condition, quantity, price, etc.
    The price maybe be greater than PaB but comparing the price per brick is easy. Just check PaB online and that is what a 1x2 brick will cost you. Then just keep that in mind when buying from someone on BL.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,056
    Create a wanted list on your Bricklink profile. Then use a program called Brickiciency to find what store (or stores) has your bricks and what the price will be. It takes a little efffort but is easy to do and product is very helpful,
  • talostalos Member Posts: 49
    For what I have been trying to find, the PAB is limited in what is available and like others say, pretty pricey. I have only used it once. BrickLink is much more useful, I think.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2014
    ecmo47 said:

Create a wanted list on your Bricklink profile. Then use a program called Brickiciency to find what store (or stores) has your bricks and what the price will be. It takes a little efffort but is easy to do and product is very helpful,

This is only super high-level advice. Someone who doesn't know BL (hell, even someone who does), probably has no idea how to do a wanted list, much less use that 3rd party helper program.