Brickset Shopping Suggestions

DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 616
I didn't see a thread like this, so I thought I would copy out of the news comments for posterity.

What would be really helpful is to enable filtering out results not available online. The retailers tend to leave listings in their feeds long after the product is clearance and gone.

Target - "x Not Sold Online"
TRU = "Ship-To-Home" unchecked

This will reduce the lists to showing real, available discounts. Some people may want to see the YMMV in-store pricing, so filter option is better than eliminating the results.

Comments

• DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 616
    Another suggestion - add the "choose a discount %" filter back to the top. Yes, its in the sort by list, but now with more stores and hundreds of results, it would be handy to do a combo. Such as "sorted by newest date, and filtered by discounts > 20%".
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 616
    Another idea would be to have a version of the buy/country page that merges Amazon, Target, Walmart, and others into a columnar format like the buy/amazon comparator page so you could see a discount relative to other seller's prices. The best price among competitors could be highlighted. And the filter/sorting would work against the best price value.

In other words, something like the current discounts page, but suppress all the duplicate rows and consolidate them into a single row per product.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be implementing #1 this week and the others are worthy of consideration too.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    The old site had a checkbox to show only items that had recently dropped in price. I don't know what the parameters were, but it was useful. Is there a way to do this now? If not, is it possible to implement something similar?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    I don't remember that, but it's a reasonable idea.
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    It's there any way to get something like the "# new" that used to show on the old front page? Alternatively, can we filter by both date added (say only in the last day/week) and % discount?