Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Low Price on Amazon for LOTR 79013 Lake-Town Chase

cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
$42.87. I had been waiting for the price to drop and it did. Had been near retail ever since it came out. I just ordered one.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,001
    edited May 2014
    Mirkwood Elf Army is also on sale for 25 at Amazon
    My guess is though they still have a way to go as it is only 14% off. I see these getting down to 20-25% before all is said and done.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Lake town is a nice set but I could care less about the minifigs. If it goes below $40 I might bite.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,001
    mathew said:

Lake town is a nice set but I could care less about the minifigs. If it goes below $40 I might bite.

Same here. The parts are what I like but I would like it much more at either 35 or 'Barrell escape' prices at TRU during their sales to clear out those stocks
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,606

Mirkwood Elf Army is also on sale for 25 at Amazon
    My guess is though they still have a way to go as it is only 14% off. I see these getting down to 20-25% before all is said and done.

A couple of Hobbit sets have already hit 25% off:

http://brickset.com/buy/vendor-amazon/order-percentdiscount/country-us/theme-The-Hobbit
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    edited May 2014
    For those of you in the PacNW Fred Meyer has Elf Army for 20.29 and I finally picked up Lake Town Chase for 34.99.

Looks like all Chima and Hobbit sets are around 30% off currently.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited May 2014
    Last night I too just finally picked up Lake Town Chase from a midwest Meijer on sale. Think it was $37.50. It was their only one and I didn't want to take a chance on it getting any lower. I've wanted that set since day 1.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ I don't blame you. It's back up to near retail on Amazon now, so the lower price didn't last long. Glad I got mine when I did. It was a Hobbit set I didn't find marked down anywhere until yesterday. Maybe most places didn't have as many of the Lake Town Chase relative to the other Hobbit sets? Or, maybe it's more popular?
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I don't think it's popular. There are only around five reviews for it on Amazon. It seems to be a limited produced set. I only briefly saw it available at Target when it was first released. Honestly it would have made for a great Medieval Boat House set if it were not attached to the movie and they added 300 pieces to complete the main building (and ditching the extraneous weapons hut).
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    A hair under $35 is what we bought it for from Target. (a while back)

My daughter liked it for the houses, but she thought it was too expensive for what it was, and despite liking it, was not even willing to pay $35 for it. I did buy it for that, because I can always use the bricks or the 'houses'.