Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Palace Cinema Question

LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
I have just ordered the Palace Cinema set and have a question...Is it possible to change the title of the movie on the billboard in the front of the building? Thanks...

Steve

Comments

• msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,007
    You can Look through the instructions on brickset. Looking at them it seems they are stickers. If you get someone to print you some stickers then you could replace them.
  • LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
    Thanks for the info...Does anyone out there who owns the set have the dimensions of the front sticker for the billboard? Maybe I could whip up a couple of new titles before the set arrives!

Steve
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    From the image it looks like the front sticker goes in an area that is 2x8 studs so that is 16mm x 64 mm. Sides are 2x4 so 16mm x 32mm. I'd print stickers 1 or 2 mm less in each dimension.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,107
    The sticker on the front is actually two stickers, both on separate 2x4 tiles, then placed together.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ Ah, well if printing your own, you can make them one =)
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    You could always use the tiles from #850425, so long as your movie title isn't very long.
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2014

I'm holding my sticker sheet right now. The marquee dimensions are 30×14mm (times four: two stickers for the front, one for each side). The movie posters are 50×26mm. The silver screen is a 66×50×32mm trapezoid.
  • LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
    Thanks for the great information! My set should arrive Monday!

Steve