The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO Flagship Store now open at Disneyland Paris

snakefansnakefan Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hello all
Just found out today the Lego flagship store in Disney Village at Disneyland Paris is now open. It opened on 28th February 2014.

Comments

• SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    yes, I saw that.
    it was delayed by more than 6 months as it was meant to open in September.
    It is supposed to be the biggest one in Europe ( I have not been yet) ahead of the billund one (which claimed they were the biggest)
    Another thing regarding that store, they add 5% extra margins on RRP prices...(must be very expensive rent!)
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I read somewhere that the Bordeaux one is meant to be a flagship store too.
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Just FYI these are "Brand Stores". The term "Flagship Store" applies to (usually) the very first store in a chain or the store attached to the headquarters of the company. It can only apply to a single store in a given country or region.

The word comes from Naval use where the commander of a fleet of ships would reside on one ship and while aboard a special flag would be raised to show he was aboard. That vessel was then the flagship and was usually the most powerful (and decorated) ship of the fleet.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure the one in Disneyland Paris is flagship. Last year I was talking to my friend (who at the time was the manager in the London Shepherd's Bush brand store, though he left in November) that he was supposed to be helping with the opening (he didn't in the end due to delays). He didn't mention anything about it being flagship though. However in the announcement of the Bordeaux store, it said that it's meant to be the flagship, probably for France.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 703
    Sorry to resurrect a very old post...
    would the Disneyland Lego store have anything exclusive that couldn't be purchased elsewhere? Any thing I should bring back as a souvenir?
    going this week for first time!

recently I asked the same about Windsor store and Huw recommended a very cool little train! Anything like that in Paris?
    thanks all!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,519
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 703
    Thanks for that. That's the kind of thing I was interested in and hopefully they will have some small set too.

hope Sam remembered to lay the table!
    Legoboysnowhitiekiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,519
    They had a French minifigure set also but I don't recall a set set.

BTW, if anybody has a spare train, yes please.  :)