Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Next set to get for my town

noclistnoclist Downtown Cleveland, yoMember Posts: 30
edited April 2014 in Everything else LEGO
I've recently collected all of the currently available modular buildings and the haunted house, creating a little town. What should my next purchase be to expand this collection and build on the town? Are any of the Creator buildings (family house, tree house, mountain hut, etc.) big enough to not look out of place with the ones I have? Is there an easy/cheap way to get a hold of any of the retired modulars? Thanks.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    I am in the beginnings of Bricklinking modified versions of the older modular buildings as I do not have enough money to afford sand green or out of production doors and windows. It is a lot of fun but I would not say easy. I have already invested quite a few hours sorting pieces out of a bulk buy and deciding what colors and parts to change. For Cafe Corner I will be doing things quite a bit differently than the original. After that I have another modular I am designing myself I hope to add to my city and further add to the uniqueness. When one or more of these are finished I will post pictures but it will be several more months at least I imagine.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    @Bumblepants‌ that's a great idea, brick Link the older sets, but don't use the hard to find expensive colours. So in other words you end up with a similar building, but with easier to find colours and bricks. What a neat idea. Thanks I'll be using that idea too I reckon.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Please note that these kinds of discussions are generally discouraged as they are really just a matter of one's personal preferences and resources.
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy