Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO [email protected] - May the Fourth be with you Deals (Worldwide)

ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
edited April 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
My profound apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but are there any indications of what the May the 4th deals will be this year? Seems like by this time last year we were already hearing rumors of the 50% off B-Wing, but so far this year I have heard nothing.

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    I asked the question a few days ago. I have heard nothing as well.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Heard you have, listen have not!

;)

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    Meesa havin' a trouble understandin' ya?
    FollowsClosely
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Yoda from Star Wars comes to mind. Lol
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 194
    Here you go... just got this info. Should have guessed really!
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 523
    So, which selected sets does the 15% discount apply to we all ask?
  • TresillianTresillian Member Posts: 60
    I think the 15% is across the board yes.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Do we know yet if Exclusives are excluded from the 15% off and even if that discount is applicable to the US?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Given that ausgewählte basically means "selected," no, it's probably not across the board.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2014
    I picked up the UK version the other day and it says '15% off selected LEGO Star Wars sets' so unfortunately it is not a blanket reduction as @TheLoneTensor said above.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197

I picked up the UK version the other day and it says '15% off selected LEGO Star Wars sets' so unfortunately it is not a blanket reduction as @TheLoneTensor said above.

I figured that was too good to be true. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to release a 300 UCS set, and give you $45 off right away.

• DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Let's see, a selected Star Wars set could mean:

-Death Star
    -SSD
    -Ewok VIllage
    -X-Wing
    -R2-D2
    -Millenium Falcon
    -Republic Gunship

I would bet the only exclusive on that list to see a discount would be the SSD, maybe X-WIng but I doubt it.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,943
    edited April 2014
    I'd hope to see Ewok Village reduced, it seemsvery overpriced to me, but I still want it. Between [email protected], Smyths and Lego shops, the best discount I can foresee is 20% off at Smyths when they do one of their weekend events, i'd trade that for 15%, another 5% in VIP points and a Darth Revan minifig to sell on or trade in a few years time.

The X-wing was double discounted at Black Friday, there was 10% off the shelf price and another 10% off across the store when you spent over £100 - so a discount on it isn't totally beyond feasibility.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 826
    It would be great to see #75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser in that 15% off. That with VIP Points and Revan wouldn't be too bad.
    TheBigLegoski
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,869
    I'm guessing MF will get the biggest discount.
    I just have a hard time buying LEGO SW, even with a 15% discount when they are likely bumping all SW sets about 30% over regular sets for 'licensing fees'

Has anyone heard if TRU is also going to do something for LEGO SW in May? (I thought they did last year)
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    They're having a kids building event - check out the US Lego club page. Beyond that? No news yet.
    Target did such big discounts on all the new Star Wars sets cyber monday week last year that you can still pick up most of those sets for 20-25% off on ebay right now. A lot of the SW sets are crazy overpriced. Do you want the ewok village with 2,000 pieces for $250 or do you want the haunted house for $70 less and the same number of pieces?

I'm interested to see how many small pieces the new sandcrawler has. It actually seems priced well, and that doesn't make sense.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Most of the small to mid-size SW sets are yawners for me and I've kind of lost interest in the SW theme. I would like to get a one (or maybe two) of the large sets...specifically, the UCS X-Wing and perhaps the Ewok Village. If the Millenium Falcon is reduced to a decent price, then I may grab it too. If none are on sale, then I'll grab Revan on eBay and save some money.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    cmrt1014 said:

They're having a kids building event - check out the US Lego club page. Beyond that? No news yet.

The last kid building event I took my kids to at B&N (The Lego Movie) was a complete flop. I won't be darkening B&N's door in the future for any of their events. How does TRU do with these events?
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,393
    Toys R Us stores vary somewhat on how they do it, but it is more organized...but show up early. The usually have us gather the parts from marked boxes into bags.. some stores have the bags pre-assembled. They are doing a micro x-wing and tie fighter.
  • LuccideLuccide Member Posts: 42
    Has anyone else noticed that the star wars ucs sets don't appear when you list all starwars sets on [email protected] only way to get to them it seems is is to use a direct link
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 984
    ^ Yes, I noticed that last night, although they're still included under exclusives. It could be a cheap May 4th for me this year, unless the EV is included in the sale.
  • LuccideLuccide Member Posts: 42
    Yeah I was hoping for ev myself but if it's not in sale I'll just wait fir it to show up in stores in australia
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2014

I'm guessing MF will get the biggest discount.
    I just have a hard time buying LEGO SW, even with a 15% discount when they are likely bumping all SW sets about 30% over regular sets for 'licensing fees'

Has anyone heard if TRU is also going to do something for LEGO SW in May? (I thought they did last year)

Yes, TRU did mimic the Lego.com sale last year with the B-Wing. Lego.com had long sold out of the B-Wing at $100.00 when TRU put their's on sale at mid-morning in the USA.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    maniac said:

It would be great to see #75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser in that 15% off. That with VIP Points and Revan wouldn't be too bad.

TRU has had the Defender included in some of the sales recently and the price has been less than 15% of normal MSRP. With their recent BOGO 40% (in store), the price (with tax) was $73.15.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 984
    Even though I'm less than fond of the ewoks, it's one of the few current SW sets that appeals to me. It looks like it could be a prime candidate for merging two sets together to create a decent-sized one, has anyone seen this done?

I figured that was too good to be true. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to release a 300 UCS set, and give you $45 off right away.

I think it would make excellent sense, because it would likely increase sales.
    monkeyhanger
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 826
    ecmo47 said:

maniac said:

TRU has had the Defender included in some of the sales recently and the price has been less than 15% of normal MSRP. With their recent BOGO 40% (in store), the price (with tax) was $73.15.
    I should have mentioned that I'm in the UK so that offer isn't so great to me.
  • WookiePajamasWookiePajamas Member Posts: 26
    After reading this, I'm optimistic that they may offer something on the sandcrawler. Or, maybe throw out an early release of one of the original trilogy sets with a discount. Unfortunately many of the new clone wars sets really appeal to me much. Either way, plan to get the Sandcrawler, it's an iconic image from my childhood.
    TXLegoguy
  • WookiePajamasWookiePajamas Member Posts: 26
    Lobot said:

Even though I'm less than fond of the ewoks, it's one of the few current SW sets that appeals to me. It looks like it could be a prime candidate for merging two sets together to create a decent-sized one, has anyone seen this done?

I would love to see this, even with one set it looks great, but would like to see someone add another set and maybe an additional level.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I received a postcard/flyer today regarding the May 4th event. On the back, in the small print, it describes the poster as being a 'Darth Revan poster' and, more to the point, states one promotional minifigure per household.

That's new on me. I've never seen that clause before on the event promos. Anybody think it will be enforced? Or will they just chuck them into every order like usual.

I ask purely out of interest - I'm unlikely to be placing any order at all - but I know lots of folk do place multiple orders on these events, so I can imagine this would scupper those plans if enforced.
  • Milne44Milne44 Member Posts: 112
    They enforced it during march in the uk with the free manhunter mini fig,
    I ordered four times from lego.com and only got one manhunter.
    edited April 2014
    ^^ This has been common with promos since at least the mini VW camper van, and 2012 Xmas sets right?

With the Martian Manhunter, some people/households got restricted, others got lots of them. Beyond that, when orders started being canceled, some folks still got multiple manhunters, and got them for free.

Lego promo enforcement is about as consistent as a fart in the wind.
    FollowsCloselylegomattTheBigLegoski
    Very poor policy - if you're prepared to spend £50/$75 multiple times for multiple polys, then why not? They always seem to have loads left over.
    TheBigLegoski
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,793
    ^ Not with the VW they didn't. They had really big supply problems with that one. :-)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

They always seem to have loads left over.

That depends on the promo. Martian Manhunter, for example, lasted less than two weeks at [email protected]

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    is that not because they sent multiples out to people then cancelled their orders giving them free MM's.
    binaryeye said:

That depends on the promo. Martian Manhunter, for example, lasted less than two weeks at [email protected]

They lasted a lot longer in the UK than the US. My local Lego store still had them just over a week ago. People make multiple purchases to get more than one of these, if there are no other incentives on and you already go one then you might as well wait for double VIP or another offer further down the line. Seems like TLG are shooting themselves in the foot with this policy.

• exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226

After reading this, I'm optimistic that they may offer something on the sandcrawler. Or, maybe throw out an early release of one of the original trilogy sets with a discount. Unfortunately many of the new clone wars sets really appeal to me much. Either way, plan to get the Sandcrawler, it's an iconic image from my childhood.

There's no way the Sandcrawler will be discounted before 2x or 3x VIP in the Fall 2014.

^ Why's that?
    TXLegoguy
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,869

binaryeye said:

They lasted a lot longer in the UK than the US. My local Lego store still had them just over a week ago. People make multiple purchases to get more than one of these, if there are no other incentives on and you already go one then you might as well wait for double VIP or another offer further down the line. Seems like TLG are shooting themselves in the foot with this policy.

LEGO.com ran out in US after a couple of weeks, this was also due to a sale that was also going on. Also, stores should adhere to the LEGO policy which is one per visit where the purchase as 75 or more, then it is at the stores discretion how to enforce anyone trying to snake around the policy (Ie stopping people from making multiple purchases from getting another, etc) Now, if store are ignoring this policy then that is on them. I know that the store I normally go to had plenty of them after 3 weeks still, I would say the majority reason of the sell out online was due to the big sales they had at LEGO at the same time, at least in the US. So Expect the may the forth promo to go fast if there are any good sales at LEGO.com
  • DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 34
    The Lego store here in Calgary very much enforces 1 freebie per household. This month, both my daughters used their Christmas gift cards to make some Friends set purchases of their own. The store only gave my youngest daughter the free Friends bakery stand poly bag and refused the gift to my older daughter. I even argued a bit as it was very clear they were making their own purchases, but my protest fell on deaf ears. It was a bit annoying.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,006
    ^ another example of lego messing up. Because if this new policy I have purchased only 2 sets for myself over the past 6 months.
    Dougout
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ Lego has a love / hate relationship with AFOL and resellers. Their business decisions are so bipolar when it comes to us. Last time I was in the Lego store and I purchased the Palace Cinema, the guy was giving me a dirty look when I asked about using VIP points. It was as if he thought I was trying to circumvent the rules. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth especially after dropping $175 in the store that day. Besides the occasional set for my son and myself I'm distancing myself from the hobby and I'm selling off most of my expensive models.

FollowsClosely
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I for one hope that these policy crackdowns come back to bite LEGO in the ass big time. I don't expect they will anytime soon, if ever, but I still hope they do. And my hope has little to nothing to do with reselling, and everything to do with how a major company with huge profits decides it is going to treat it's most devoted consumers.

How many corporations would ***KILL*** to have the rabid, loyal to a fault, repeatedly high-spending, and dedicated customer base that LEGO has with it's AFOLs? And their corporate attitude towards that fanbase fluctuates between begrudging acceptance and outright hostility.
    DougoutBrickarmorBrickDancerpharmjodjuggles7TheBigLegoskiBuriedinBricks
  • dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    Draug said:

The Lego store here in Calgary very much enforces 1 freebie per household. This month, both my daughters used their Christmas gift cards to make some Friends set purchases of their own. The store only gave my youngest daughter the free Friends bakery stand poly bag and refused the gift to my older daughter. I even argued a bit as it was very clear they were making their own purchases, but my protest fell on deaf ears. It was a bit annoying.

And here, in Utah, my Lego Store made sure that when I bought 2 small Friends sets for my daughters this month, that I did it on 2 separate purchases so they each would get the free bake stand poly bag. I'm sorry to hear about the crap that your store gave you.
    FollowsClosely
    TLG can say they are targeting resellers, but when you deny little kids of small freebies it says something entirely different about your company. Shame on them, how can you justify fairness when you give a little girl a toy but deny her sister the same thing? How do you explain it's because of big bad resellers to a child?
    red5
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 80
    The irony here is that Lego may be "forcing" some of you to buy from resellers to get these promotional sets/figures for multiple kids in your household, increasing both demand and the likelihood that resellers will continue to abuse the system, thereby exaggerating rather than stopping the thing they were trying to prevent in the first place...

I just hope the X-wing is included in the sale, otherwise I may just skip it this year.
    krklintFollowsCloselydougtscloaked7ZathrasTechnicNickTheBigLegoski