Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Movie DVD - Release date is June 17th 2014

124»

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    flecski said:

@dfurn‌ Any idea if the Canadian version is region free or region A?

Thanks, Flec

I'm still not too sure about how the region codes work, but the DVD is region 1. I don't see anything on the Blu ray 2D and 3D.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Most blu rays are multi region and will play anywhere.
    Pitfall69
  • flecskiflecski Member Posts: 76

just ordered it from .ca - now if only we had a massive 3d tv

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    So if I'm understanding the Target deal correctly, if I were to buy either the Blu-ray or the EiA Edition, I get $10 off one of the Lego Movie sets shown on the ad?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909

Will my region 1 DVD work in Asia?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    @Penkid11 yes if you buy them in the same transaction.
  • flecskiflecski Member Posts: 76

Will my region 1 DVD work in Asia?
    Probably not. Its been a long time since I imported dvds, but region 1 was north america, asia could be 3 or 5. Unless your player has had its region lock removed then it would not play anything other than discs designed for the region is was intended.
    There should be a picture of the world on the back of the player with a number next to it that signifies the region.
    Some dvds dont have the region set, so are 'region zero', and can be used on any player. I think these are usually nature films (?), although my Criterion Robocop is region zero.

As for blu rays, there are three regions. I know lots of films sold in UK are region free, meaning they can be used anywhere. Hopefully cheshirecat is correct with Lego Movie from Canada being region free, but as I have two pc drives I dont mind setting one to be region A if required.

Flec
    LegobrandonCP
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2014
    @Robb I just picked up an EIA edition and got them (Target) to manually apply the $10 discount to the new small Guardian of the Galaxy set #76019 when it didn't ring up, which is essentially 50% off.
    dannyrwwRobb
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217

I thought there were three Blu Ray regions, or is it a case of most of the players not being region locked?

edited June 2014
    No its that most blu rays discs are encoded region a, b and c - effectively making then regionfree although technically they're multi region. There are some that aren't and are specifically region a or whatever but the majority will play anywhere.

And the lego movie bluray is indeed A,B and C.
    ^makes sense, I've never really checked Blu rays but was sure I'd noticed a region code while looking at some options for Lego Movie. Still hoping to hear of a UK retailer having the minifig.
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 269
    Can someone definitely confirm the Italian version has an English soundtrack ?
    I read somewhere, someone confirming it. But thats the best I can do I'm afraid.
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 269
    I've ordered it. If it turns out not to be I'll learn Italian ;)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^ Tutto è impressionante!
    andheobi_g
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,760
    edited June 2014
    I think you mean "è Meraviglioso" ;)

LostInTranslationRedbullgivesuwindobi_g
    I got tired of waiting for any UK retailers to announce the mini figure version so ordered from Italy - the page does now list English as a language on the Blu-Ray so I'm pretty confident.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    edited July 2014
    Shib said:

I got tired of waiting for any UK retailers to announce the mini figure version so ordered from Italy - the page does now list English as a language on the Blu-Ray so I'm pretty confident.

How much postage did you pay and did you use the amazon converter thing to pay in £?
    Ordered :S.
    ^I did use the converter and I think my total was around £15 - which still seemed an alright price to pay for it. If the rumours of Sainsburys having the mini figure turn out to be true I can see them not moving well because they haven't advertised it and people will have preordered elsewhere, so it might get reduced....but I'm not taking the risk and missing out!
    Yeah I ordered 3 and it was £41.60, £1.20 or something over the google given exchange rate.

You don't know what the bank will charge exchange rate wise until the bill arrives later and they charge 2.99%. So £2.99 per £100, £1.50 for £50 £1.20 for £40.

So any saving/cost is down to exchange rate.

Which you don't know, so I decided it was safer to use the set price, so you know what you are in for.
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    The Everything is Awesome Edition is CDN$34.97 from Amazon.ca, although was $29.99 when I ordered. By the time I added delivery to the UK it cost me £19.99.
    + My preorders from Tesco just arrived

- I can't open one as i am taking them both back now i ordered the version with the figure from Italy and they couldn't be cancelled.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 503
    if anyone ordered the bluray or dvd from not the uk and wants to redeem the uv code, there's a way to do it if you're interested... message me for details. it's not illegal (unless you count the uv t&cs) but i dont want anyone to get in to trouble in case discussing in public is taboo!
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 964
    Is there anywhere in the UK doing a version with a free figure? Sainsburys?
    Nowhere has mentioned them coming with the figure, that's why I ordered some from Italy.
    KingDave said:

Is there anywhere in the UK doing a version with a free figure? Sainsburys?

If Sainsburys are doing it they've not promoted it in any way, so seems less and less likely
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 964
    This would be the most obvious film to come with a unique figure, strange decision from the marketing people (at least in the UK). I won't be buying a copy now until the price drops quite a bit (chrimbo?) if there is no exclusive figure.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited August 2014
    A marketplace seller on amazon.co.uk is now listing what appears to be the European version that several people ordered from Italy. Can anyone who received one confirm that it includes the DVD, Blu Ray, UV Code and figure, and all work on UK players?
    ^ and has an English soundtrack most importantly!
    I got the Italian version and the default is all in English
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Matthew said:

^ and has an English soundtrack most importantly!

But no 3D :o(
    That isn't a problem for those who have overlooked the home 3D fad :-)
    Shib
    There is no DVD, it's a 2D Blu-Ray, UV digital code and the figure.

It plays fine in English over here as well.
    VECOsell seems to be an Italian company so I'd check the cost of buying direct from Amazon in Italy instead. Its one thing buying from Amazon market over here (which i try to avoid in general) but its another thing when you can't understand the language.
    edited August 2014
    Matthew said:

That isn't a problem for those who have overlooked the home 3D fad :-)

As @theLEGOman points out, just incomplete. A shame considering the US and CA seem to be able to do things properly. @Matthew, tried 3D in your home cinema have you? ;o). Much much better than the public cinema and nothing fad about it. Animated films are far superior in 3D so wouldn't waste my money buying this one for home without it. A real shame.
    They sell a 3D version with the figure in Italy as well, its just that most don't have 3D so get the 2D version as its cheaper.
    Legoboy said:

Animated films are far superior in 3D

Assuming you're awake to see them however :o)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    ^We have had this conversation before. I love my 3D tv. Much better than at the theater. Animated movies are crisp and the 3D is awesome.
    Matthew said:

Legoboy said:

Animated films are far superior in 3D

Assuming you're awake to see them however :o)
    Watch Avatar or The Lorax for example and then we'll continue the conversation in private. ;o)
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 905
    Not sure if this has been available in the UK before (apart from the US/Canada version) but it looks like Very and Isme are going to start selling the Vitrvius minifigure DVD in November:

http://www.very.co.uk/lego-lego-movie-minifigure-blu-ray/1453880268.prd?_requestid=160363