Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Movie DVD - Release date is June 17th 2014

Comments

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited June 2014
    ^ indeed although apparently someone wiser than me says that it does (i notice the UK version includes the italian dubbed, so it would make sense).

And yes that is weird, another reason why I have little sympathy when they complain about piracy.

£17.50 delivered sounds very appealing though.
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Yeah, I'd probably go for it if I didn't already have a US version on the way.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    France have them for about €18. It releases next week.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Since the ad said blu Ray version, so i guess it should be included the EIA Edition, will see tomorrow and report back
    teal93mr2 said:

Would be interesting to find out if buying the EIA edition at Target would also receive the $10 off one of the $25 sets. If so, that's the best deal out there for those not yet committed to Amazon, etc.

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    So it turns out that the pre-order from Amazon.ca will arrive tomorrow. Only because it was shipped in the same city as me though.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,382
    @wil348 apparently it's going to be €13 at LeClerc from June 25. Not a huge difference but if you're only buying it for the minifigure that seems much more reasonable :).
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    edited June 2014
    Just picked up mine from Walmart at midnight. Awesome! I spent the full $39.96 tho. Oh well. Now my main movie figs are complete.^^
    Jenni said:

@wil348 apparently it's going to be €13 at LeClerc from June 25. Not a huge difference but if you're only buying it for the minifigure that seems much more reasonable :).

They have the Everything Is Awesome edition there? I didn't know it was coming to Europe...
    edited June 2014
    I think it's just the bluray (+ digital) but includes the figure, same as Italy.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Can anyone answer if the 3D version will only work with 3D TVs, or can you watch it with glasses on with a regular or HD TV. I am hoping for the oatter, but think probably not!?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Unfortunately not. Both a 3D tv and a 3D Bluray player are required to view 3D films.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Legoboy said:

Unfortunately not. Both a 3D tv and a 3D Bluray player are required to view 3D films.

Gimmicky or not, I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3D TV.

3D is worthless to me as medically I cannot view 3D, but many of the BluRay surround systems now have 3D built into them.

Checked my tracking and it appears I am getting my copy of LEGO EIA edition Movie today despite the notification that it would arrive on June 21st.
    My Sony TV has the feature where you can watch anything broadcast to the TV in "3D". It is pretty gimmicky, but watching the NHL playoffs in 3D was pretty cool.
    yys4u
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Pitfall69 said:

Legoboy said:

Gimmicky or not, I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3D TV.
    You are not alone my friend.
    Pitfall69
    EIA edition will get $10 off for those three sets show on the Ad, I got the The LEGO Movie Trash Chomper (#70805) and The LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine (#70804)
    each is US$15

This is at US Target.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Now listed for sale on Amazon. I may have to wait until Thursday, but I'm not going to be able to watch it with the family until this weekend anyway.
    Nothing but LEGO related items in my mailbox today. Got my EIA edition today, along with my LEGO part order I have been waiting forever for as well.
    The DVD is supposed to have Emmet as the disc art, but all I got is TLM logo in English and French. :-(
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I picked up the "Everything is Awesome" version at Target this morning and the electronics employee told me he'd give me $10 off towards any Creator, City or The Lego Movie themed set.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    I got -$10 on the Creative Ambush, wanted the kebab parts for a MOC. so it was ~$28 for that set. not too shabby for a store-exclusive.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    edited June 2014
    (edit) wrong thread
    bsiu922 said:

EIA edition will get $10 off for those three sets show on the Ad, I got the The LEGO Movie Trash Chomper (#70805) and The LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine (#70804)
    each is US$15

This is at US Target.

They both came up at $10 off with the single purchase of the movie? That's a steal there, I would think. I can't imagine those ever getting down to 50% off any other way.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    I pre-ordered on Target.com, and received an email over the weekend that "A shipment is coming your way soon". And by "soon", they mean "soon-ish" -- June 20th. If I happen to find myself in a Target while the $10 offer is still going, I may try to see if my pre-order makes me eligible for the discount (it should, IMO).
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217

Nothing but LEGO related items in my mailbox today. Got my EIA edition today, along with my LEGO part order I have been waiting forever for as well.

Those are the best days.
    madforLEGO
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,382
    @wil348 I'm not sure what version, a brickset member reads the french forums and relays interesting information to me. She just said it comes with the figure. I'd bet that Martyn is right about it being just a blueray + figure, which is actually useless for our blueray-free house :(.
    Hmm...might get the Blu Ray then. I'm getting a Playstation 4 soon, so I'll be able to watch it on that. I have the iTunes version already anyway so I don't mind waiting.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Amazon currently has a lightning deal on the game. $30 for the PS3 version.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2014
    Target gives you $10 off if you buy either blu-ray (that includes the woefully overpriced EIA edition, or the normal one they have for $23) and a LEGO set. They don't specify in-store that it has to be one of the special ones, because it reads "any Lego set or Game." I didn't try it with a $5 Emerald Express or something, but according to the shelf tags, that would count. My boys actually wanted the Ice Cream Truck anyway.

So, I walked out with the normal blu-ray (Target exclusive actually with sticker sheet - ooo) and the Ice Cream Truck set for around $40. That's the best deal I've seen any retailer do. I'm happy.
    1 per Blu Ray, I bought two EIA Edition, that why i got two sets

bsiu922 said:

each is US$15

This is at US Target.

They both came up at $10 off with the single purchase of the movie? That's a steal there, I would think. I can't imagine those ever getting down to 50% off any other way.
    $10 only apply to those three sets shown on the ad

The LEGO Movie Trash Chomper (#70805)
    The LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine (#70804)
    and The LEGO Movie Bad Cop's Pursuit (70802)
    or the Lego Movie Games

I tried to get the Grand Prix set (on sales for 18.99) but no go

http://www.target.com/c/lego-movie-toys/-/N-55hx4Z55e6t?intc=null_dvmy14c0036v000071i005158_null&force-full-site=1&lnk=Other_061614_HP_0_E4_28_4_2014|E4|T:Template_Home5|C:CMS&intc=1749062|null

Target gives you $10 off if you buy either blu-ray (that includes the woefully overpriced EIA edition, or the normal one they have for $23) and a LEGO set. They don't specify in-store that it has to be one of the special ones, because it reads "any Lego set or Game." I didn't try it with a $5 Emerald Express or something, but according to the shelf tags, that would count. My boys actually wanted the Ice Cream Truck anyway.

So, I walked out with the normal blu-ray (Target exclusive actually with sticker sheet - ooo) and the Ice Cream Truck set for around $40. That's the best deal I've seen any retailer do. I'm happy.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    I'm happy with the EIA edition. I just added the digital movie to my Flixter/UV account and I will download it to every device I have in the house :) I will watch the 3D version sometime soon. I only saw the regular version at the theater. I wonder how much the 3D Version/Digital copy/Lego Minifigure/packaging adds to the cost?
    I was able to get Target to match the $17 Walmart Blu-Ray price AND honor the $10 off an ice creammachine, which we bought for parts. Happy household! Feeling lucky today! :)
    red237 said:

I was able to get Target to match the $17 Walmart Blu-Ray price AND honor the $10 off an ice creammachine, which we bought for parts. Happy household! Feeling lucky today! :)

How'd you manage that? I didn't know that Walmart had weekly ads that they published?!
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,333
    red237 said:

Ours would not honor the $10 with the price match...grrrrrr
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,333
    Target price matches online prices
    red237
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    The LEGO Movie Everything Is Awesome Edition is only available in the US; Everything is disappointing!

Warner Bros please release it in the UK!
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 221
    Adzbadboy said:

The LEGO Movie Everything Is Awesome Edition is only available in the US; Everything is disappointing!

I ordered the "Everything is awesome" edition at Amazon US. Very nice price: 31€ including shipping to Spain. At this moment I am almost sure that we will not have available this version in my country. I've purchased the standard version in Spanish, but the minifig is coming home right now :D
    ^^ I'm more than happy not having the everything is awesome edition in the UK/Europe.? It means that the figure comes with the Bluray+Digital for half the price (at least in Europe). I presume they've realised that the [email protected] fad is all but over this side of the atlantic.
    ^Agreed I don't mind missing out on EIA edition but still no UK retailers have a minifigure version listed unless I've missed it being listed somewhere. I'll import it from somewhere if I really have to, but it seems sill that we haven't seen it in the UK yet.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 503
    The 3d version is still available with figure from Amazon.it, there must be some reason it doesn't have a release in 3d with the figure in the Uk ?
    Someone mentioned Sainsbury's getting it, although I think they might have been getting muddled with the Hobbit with Legolas polybag as it was about the time that came out. But it is possible, Sainsbury's stopped doing physical media sales online so it wouldn't show up on normal internet searches but might be available instore on release.
    If this is the case then Sainsbury's have taken two conflicting marketing strategies, stop selling things online that people are really going to be searching for online. Also if it is the case then they have been daft not to put up loads of banners and posters saying that they'll have it - although I didn't see anything about the Hobbit promotion until that was actually on the shelf.

I think Sainsbury's may be getting the Everything is Awesome edition as an exclusive. I may have read that here.

Just found the mention of it but I still think it was confusion with the Hobbit.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 503
    ^ Is it a July release? If so and Sainsburys have it, I guess the beginning of July we should see advertising.
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    Adzbadboy said:

It's also available in Canada; and indeed at amazon.ca is cheaper than amazon.com. Also even though I selected the very slowest international postage, which cost CAN$6.98 (which in Pounds I think equals almost nothing given the currently super-high value UK currency) amazon.ca decided to post in DHL Express and, in spite of only being posted from somewhere in British Columbia on Monday 16th it's currently on a van driving from Leeds to my house. So three days, not too bad.
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Has anyone been able to get Target (in-store or online) to accept the $10 off on LEGO sets other than the 3 listed on the website? I'd like to apply the discount to one of the other LEGO movie sets such as Flying Flusher or Creative Ambush.
  • flecskiflecski Member Posts: 76
    @dfurn‌ Any idea if the Canadian version is region free or region A?

Thanks, Flec
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    red237 said:

I don't see this (Frankensteining discounts) as being much different than circumventing restriction limits.