Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Movie DVD - Release date is June 17th 2014

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,310
    edited May 2014
    Ahhhh yes. The infamous Friday the 13th 3D. You know, that was the movie Jason got his mask :) I believe my first 3D movie was Jaws 3D
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    ^^
    The one vivid memory I have from that Friday the 13th 3D movie was the arrow scene. All else is vague. Never seen the Jaws 3D, but did see the original in the local theater when it was released.
    edited May 2014
    I thought Friday the 13th 3D was pretty good for a slasher film, but Jaws 3D was awful.

Trying to stay on topic. The next Lego Movie should incorporate a Hockey Goalie, so we can get a Hockey mask to make our own Jason. All you need is the first Mechanic CMF and the Hockey mask. Instant Jason :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    My 3D experience is far greater at home on my active glasses than at the cinema through passive. I cannot for the life of me stay awake when watching 3D at the cinema.
    Pitfall69
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited May 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

Ahhhh yes. The infamous Friday the 13th 3D. You know, that was the movie Jason got his mask :) I believe my first 3D movie was Jaws 3D

Ah the early days of 3D movies pandering to the 3D, like in Jaws when the spear or the fake moray eel comes at you, or in Friday the 13th when the eye pops out toward the camera. Good times.
    Pitfall69
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Pitfall69 said:

I'm not seeing anywhere that a 3D Disc is NOT included. It even says it on the box.

The image of the Everything is Awesome edition box, on Amazon and Walmart websites, lists the version of the movie at the top of the box: Bluray, DVD, Ultraviolet.

http://www.amazon.com/The-LEGO-Movie-UltraViolet-Collectible/dp/B00J11U4J6/ref=tmm_mfc_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400772886&sr=8-3

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-Movie-Everything-Is-Awesome-Edition-3D-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-LEGO-Figurine-Widescreen/35715605?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=68845642361&category=0:4096:616859:617001&client_guid=57007e33-d0f1-4a8a-aa3c-c66e0b79ab1c&config_id=0&parent_item_id=34930775&guid=66263678-06ab-4462-8d76-1e7f7eabfe8f&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

Typically, a 3D Bluray will also list Bluray 3D along with Bluray and DVD at the top of the box. This box art does not. Instead, it has a note on the lower right-hand corner stating "Includes Bonus 3D movie". This has led to speculation that the 3D movie being included is not the full movie but is a mini movie.

I suspect that the film will be released on 3D Bluray at some later point, but this seems like false advertising since the box art may lead many buyers into thinking it contains the 3D version of the film. By releasing the film as 3D later, the company will then get those who already bought the film to buy it again to get the real 3D version.

This tactic has been used before with Disney. Oz the Great and Powerful was released on 3d Bluray several weeks after the regular Bluray/DVD version, and Frozen will not be released on 3D until many months after the regular Bluray/DVD release.

Amazon used to include 3D Bluray in its product description, but recently dropped the "3D" from its listing. Walmart still includes "3D Bluray" in its description even though the box art is the same for Amazon and Walmart. I imagine there are going to be some upset pre-ordering customers who do not end up with what they expect upon release.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    Interesting, I still haven't found anywhere in the uk to order the everything is awesome edition, but amazon uk has a 3d version listed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Movie-Blu-ray-Copy-Region/dp/B00EXPOEGO/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1400785169&sr=1-3&keywords=lego+movie
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,750
    Incidentally, if you view the video on the Amazon page for the "Everything Is Awesome" edition, it shows the packaging for the bonus 3D movie — which DOES appear to be the full movie and not just a mini-movie.

Still not available for pre-order, though, even in the US.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    ^I preordered the EIA Edition back in April and it still shows up as 'Already ordered' for me. Perhaps it was limited and they sold out of that version already?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,192
    edited May 2014
    Aanchir said:

Incidentally, if you view the video on the Amazon page for the "Everything Is Awesome" edition, it shows the packaging for the bonus 3D movie — which DOES appear to be the full movie and not just a mini-movie.

Still not available for pre-order, though, even in the US.

It is at Walmart.com. Amazon US had it but for whatever reason it is no longer available. Not sure if they only had some many allotted (as Im guessing the figure is limited), and since many people get it tax free from Amazon they likely bought it there. I also would not be surprised if there are those that bought multiple copies hoping they can somehow sell the movie and figure separately and make an extra few bucks
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 168
    Walmart Display Mountain View, CAimage
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    For those of you interested the Everything is Awesome Edition is now $29.97 on Canadian Amazon. That's not too bad. Here's the link http://www.amazon.ca/Everything-Awesome-Blu-ray-UltraViolet-Figurine/dp/B00ID1CEU2/
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    dfurn said:

For those of you interested the Everything is Awesome Edition is now $29.97 on Canadian Amazon. That's not too bad. Here's the link http://www.amazon.ca/Everything-Awesome-Blu-ray-UltraViolet-Figurine/dp/B00ID1CEU2/

Yay for Amazon's pre-order price guarantee.
    dfurn said:

Wait a minute. How is that "not too bad?" That price is higher than just about every any single blu-ray/dvd/digital/breakfast/combo released nowadays.
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191

dfurn said:

Wait a minute. How is that "not too bad?" That price is higher than just about every any single blu-ray/dvd/digital/breakfast/combo released nowadays.
    It's not too bad compared to any other price for the The Lego Movie Everything is Awesome Edition. Isn't that obviously what I meant?!

• alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 515
    Seems to have gone up to CDN$35.99 already!
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 961
    Looking more and more like I will be holding off untill Festivus for a copy (and a better deal).
    bobabricks
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,851
    Posted on SD: $29.97 w/ free shipping from bullmoose.com (a chain in Maine). No tax unless you are in Maine I think. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16417671/the-lego-movie-the-lego-movie-3d-blu-ray-uv-dc-pg13
    dfurn said:

dfurn said:

It's not too bad compared to any other price for the The Lego Movie Everything is Awesome Edition. Isn't that obviously what I meant?!

Well, my point was more that the Lego Movie is way more expensive on blu-ray than just about any other movie released. Why is that? (other than "because they can.").
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    Article about why it's not for sale on Amazon any more

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-stops-taking-advance-orders-234816258.html
    LegoboyBuriedinBricks
    Interesting. Just chatted with an Amazon person and pre-orders that were made earlier are still valid. I might send it back though if the pre-order price guarantee doesn't drop it lower though. $37 is stupid for a movie Vitruvious included or not

dfurn said:

dfurn said:

Well, my point was more that the Lego Movie is way more expensive on blu-ray than just about any other movie released. Why is that? (other than "because they can.").
    I think It is not. Case in point, pretty much any 'recent' Marvel movie (Capt America, Iron Man 3, Avengers) is at least 25-30 dollars, and they have been out for quite some time.

All Blu Rays coming out are at least 29.95. Yes, an argument could be made that ALL Blu rays are overpriced in general (considering the technology has been around for some time now) but it is what it is and goes back to why there are people pirating movies instead of buying them from stores.
    I happened to pre-order my Everything is Awesome edition from Walmart when it was only 29.96 for a time (just wish my gift cards would have worked online to pay for it). I'm glad I did not wait for it to go any lower as it went back up to either 35 or 39.99 a about a week afterward.

Bottom line: do not want to pay? Then don't and hope that, if you really want the figure, it will not cost you the price of the 'everything is awesome edition' or even more than the 'standard' blu ray for LEGO movie.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Does anyone know if Lego Stores are getting it? If i'm gonna pay a bunch for the movie, I may as well get some VIP points out of it...
    ^It is listed on [email protected] as coming on the 17th but they tend to sell out of dvds almost immediately.
  • crazytaxicrazytaxi Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    In The Netherlands the movie will be released at june, 18th. On dvd, blu-ray and 3d blu-ray + dvd. On most dutch releases there is English subs and language. Ofcourse with a dutch cover. There is one (big) retailer here in The Netherlands (Bart Smit) that have a minifigure with it. I heared of the one that works there, that the mf comes in a polybag. Diffirent then the awesome edition, where the mf is in the package of the blu-ray/dvd set. When I have a photo I will post it here.
    I preordered the movie on Amazon.ca. Does anyone know if they ship on the 17th or will it arrive on the 17th?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,750

I preordered the movie on Amazon.ca. Does anyone know if they ship on the 17th or will it arrive on the 17th?

Doesn't Amazon usually list an estimated arrival date? It does in the US if you go to the "My Orders" page.
    Aanchir said:

Doesn't Amazon usually list an estimated arrival date? It does in the US if you go to the "My Orders" page.
    Thanks. I just checked and it seems like it will arrive 1 week after release. Pretty pointless to pre ordering.

I remember if you preorder video games they arrive on the release day itself, sometimes earlier.
  • TimelashTimelash Member Posts: 7
    I ordered my copy about a month ago from DVDworldusa.com, and it came last week (to my surprise living in the UK). the bonus content is brilliant and the minifig is awesome :). I would recommend not ordering from Amazon.com as they are having issues with Warner Bros and are not sending out the movie or any other content they own.. image image image
    edited June 2014
    They will send out what people have pre ordered correct? They just aren't accepting anymore orders until the issue with WB is resolved.

Is the 3D version of the movie included? Some seem to think the 3D movie is a mini movie and not the full length movie.
    Pitfall69 said:

They will send out what people have pre ordered correct? They just aren't accepting anymore orders until the issue with WB is resolved.

I talked to them and they assured me I would be getting mine that was pre-ordered on the 24th of April.
  • TimelashTimelash Member Posts: 7
    @Pitfall69 The 3D Blu-ray is the full film, There are three discs in the box one for DVD, Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray. There is also a code for a digital version..
    pharmjodPitfall69Aanchir
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,359
    @Timelash, thanks for the tip, I've placed my order with them today.
    TimelashPitfall69
  • SomersetSomerset Member Posts: 2
    I'm tempted to get the "Everything is Awesome" version. I have a weakness for premium collector editions. =) For those interested in alternative versions, there is a bundle with a Lego Movie activity book together with the DVD and Blu-ray variants at www.happybuys.com. Available from 17 June, pricing is stated as: 3D + 2D Blu-ray = $31.42, 2D Blu-ray + DVD = $27.48 and DVD = $19.61

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    My preorder of the "Everything is Awesome" edition just shipped from Walmart. It says I should have it by June 26. It was $40.
    edited June 2014

All Blu Rays coming out are at least 29.95.

No they aren't. A rare few may hit that point, but $25 has been the price point for most top-tier new releases.
    I wonder if anyone will buy just to DVD or 3D BR.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 887
    @Timelash‌ Just a quick question. I presume the DVDs play ok on UK players when ordering from the American site that you received it from?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ I doubt it but the blu rays should be fine.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096

No they aren't. A rare few may hit that point, but $25 has been the price point for most top-tier new releases.
    I was hoping and half expecting the blu/DVD combo to be 19.99.
    mathew said:

I was hoping and half expecting the blu/DVD combo to be 19.99.

Walmart has the Bluray DVD combo for 17.96 right now: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-Movie-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Widescreen/34930775

Everything is awesome edition is $34.96 right now (one with the figure):
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-Movie-Everything-Is-Awesome-Edition-3D-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-LEGO-Figurine-Widescreen/35715605
    Pitfall69
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure target will price match with redcard.
    edited June 2014

Price wars tend to happen at the last minute on big releases like this. The stores view them as events hoping that shoppers will also spend a few bucks more on other things.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I want that Vitruvius (we don't have him yet), but I don't want to buy the 3D version just to get him. I'll probably just spring for the BR, DVD, and Digital HD version for us. Hopefully there are some good deals to be found in B&M stores, too.
    Target is offering $10 off if you buy the bluray and a select set plus several sets like the Trash Chomper and the Ice Cream Truck are on sale for $25. I just canceled my Amazon preorder as I would prefer to get a $15 Ice Cream Truck over the Vitruvius figure.
    edited June 2014

Target is offering $10 off if you buy the bluray and a select set plus several sets like the Trash Chomper and the Ice Cream Truck are on sale for $25. I just canceled my Amazon preorder as I would prefer to get a $15 Ice Cream Truck over the Vitruvius figure.

To each their own, but my guess is that there will be many more chances to get the Ice cream truck for that cheap or near.. I'm guessing that Vitruvius figure will not be as common. Ill keep my ordered Everything is Awesome edition for 29.96.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 918
    Would be interesting to find out if buying the EIA edition at Target would also receive the $10 off one of the $25 sets. If so, that's the best deal out there for those not yet committed to Amazon, etc.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    I suppose that depends if it contains the English audio track :)

As an aside it looks like Italy gets it on June 26, almost a month before the UK? What's up with that? Do they want to encourage piracy in the UK or something?