Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

RCX 1.0 mindstorm software on a mac?

OK, need some help. I did a little digging but I am not sure what I was finding was useful. I have a first version RCX 1.0 block with the power attachment and would like to program it with my mac which is running the latest OSX software. I have a serial to USB adaptor. Can I download the software from somewhere? And will it work on my Mac? I know that there are more knowledgeable people than me about mindstorms, this is my first experience.

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @Brickjunky, your best bet will be to use Bricx Command Center 3.3 I remember a release for mac. It is way different than the original RCX software but you can program using a language similar to C (NQC).

Official LEGO RCX 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 software are Windows only.

Hope that helps.
  • BrickjunkyBrickjunky Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, i'll look into it.