Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

1697071727375»

Comments

• evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 72
    evancelt said:
    I mean, it is Duplo, but 😳
    Do you not modify your pieces? I like cutting them up, taking designs off, putting new designs on, etc
    I still feel deep guilt over scraping the classic space logo off a 3x6 slope back in about 1982.
    This is my favorite destructive custom creation so far: "interchangeable hat wig"

pxchrisiwybsKungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,264
    edited December 2021
    evancelt said:
    I mean, it is Duplo, but 😳
    Do you not modify your pieces? I like cutting them up, taking designs off, putting new designs on, etc
    Just like everything else with this hobby, there are people at both ends of that extreme! There are some who feel that ABS plastic is sacrosanct and should never be violated… 🙂 While others believe that once you have bought Lego you should be able to use it in whatever way you see fit…There are threads on the forum of people who have tried melting and modifying Lego with various interesting results.

I think part of the reason that cutting and modifying Lego pieces bothers some folks is that Lego is a much more permanent/re-usable type of toy, and that you never know what you might need that one specific piece (unmodified) for in the future… (Although the answer to that could always just be “Bricklink!” )

560Heliportevanceltiwybsgmonkey76
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 454
    I also find that the limitations imposed by unmodified elements forces me to think harder and find alternate and sometimes even better solutions.
    BumblepantsevanceltiwybsKungFuKenny

I think part of the reason that cutting and modifying Lego pieces bothers some folks is that Lego is a much more permanent/re-usable type of toy, and that you never know what you might need that one specific piece (unmodified) for in the future… (Although the answer to that could always just be “Bricklink!” )

Good point! I definitely only modify pieces when I feel like I have an excess of them (see wigs above!)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    "19 Redcoats"
    A variety of official TLG and third party redcoats.

cozypxchrisKungFuKenny
    "Military Academy at Fort Stockton, Wullham"

With the recent success of recruiting drives on the island, the Corrington high command has commissioned a military academy at Fort Stockton near Wullham. Candidates for admission must apply directly to the academy and receive a nomination, usually from a member of standing within the colonial armed forces.

Lieutenant Bollford rides a horse along the beach as a training officer leads a contingent of cadets back to the academy barracks after a day spent running drills.

--------

Built on DUPLO

560HeliportKungFuKennyGrannyLEGOarathemispxchrisPJ76ukSwitchfoot55GothamConstructionCo
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio CanadaMember Posts: 116
    evancelt said: I definitely only modify pieces when I feel like I have an excess of them (see wigs above!)
    But... But...  There are only a finite amount of those wigs that have ever been produced!  And you're destroying some!

Admittedly, that was a beautiful end result, but it's also heresy to cut pieces.  What a tough line to walk.
    evancelt
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,109
    @arathemis have you seen Galactic Empire? 
    JudgeChuckarathemisYo_dAKungFuKennybandit778
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 297
    My first MOC in quite a while, the Lush Cave!
    You can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-95811/veyniac/the-lush-cave/#details
    Let me know what you think!
    PJ76ukericbKungFuKennyJudgeChuckAddicted2OxygenSwitchfoot55bandit778Mynatt
    "Corporal Hardy's Recurring Dream"

Hardy was haunted by a dream of a charge that had never happened.

In the dream, an Oleonese heavy lancer was charging at him and he was kneeling ready to fire his musket at the oncoming horse. He strategized that once the horse was downed, he would charge the cavalryman with his bayonet. He would wait until the horse was a cart's length from him and then fire.

3.. 2.. 1..

And then he always woke up.

PJ76ukpxchrisGrannyLEGOcozyKungFuKennySamino
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,838
    Are those kneeling legs actually Lego?
    Are those kneeling legs actually Lego?
    No way! The arms and legs are made by a company called CrazyBricks
    KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,838
    edited December 2021
    Feels like there is always a little “cheat” in these :)

And somehow I completely missed the arms.
    Switchfoot55
  • SaminoSamino SlovakiaMember Posts: 4
    A little music band I like to call 'The 5peaker-B0t Brothers!
    ( The two fellas on the sides are definitely Mixels inspired :D )

560HeliportSwitchfoot55AstrobrickspxchrisBumblepantsCymbeline
    "What Happened Here?"

As Sir Humphrey removed his helm and studied the scene, he wondered to himself: "what happened here?"

PJ76ukGrannyLEGO
    It's a little late, but here is my 2021 MOC compilation. I didn't make quite as many MOCs this last year as I did in 2020, but the decrease in quantity came with an overall increase in size and quality!
    My most popular MOC this year by far was the Los Angeles-class nuclear submarine, but my personal favorite is King Tutankhamun's mask.
    Overall, I am satisfied with the progress I made as a builder last year, and I am looking forward to the projects 2022 will bring!
    BumblepantspxchrisSwitchfoot55AstrobricksgratefulnatJudgeChuck
    "A Malodorous Homecoming"

Lieutenant Ferguson of the 3rd Cavalry was on leave from Fort Caine and headed home to his cabin with his dog Hercules. He was pleased to see the hearth fire burning as he approached from the stream bank - his wife must be preparing dinner. He would surprise her.

However, as he got closer to house, he saw a black form scurry behind the cabin. Hercules made chase.

minifignickveyniacvizzitor560HeliportGrannyLEGOSwitchfoot55datsunrobbie
    edited January 8

I finally finished my model of classic Doomguy! This was my first action figure-style MOC, and while it was a lot of fun to design, it took forever. I have a whole Stud.io file dedicated to backup versions of his various body parts that were too small or didn't look right, including no less than 5 iterations of the helmet.
       As usual, you can see more of the model and get the building instructions at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-97310/veyniac/classic-doomguy/#details
    560HeliportBumblepantsAddicted2OxygenModeltrainman
    "Land Ho!"

The call of "Land Ho!" had come from the crow's nest thirty minutes earlier - they were nearing El Oleonda.

As they approached the wild-looking island, Post-Captain Rittenhouse consulted a map and said, "We're just to the west of Fort Arltrees, Sir Jonathan. I'll signal to rest of the fleet to keep farther to sea as we round the next headland."

"Very good! Corporal Yeoman, head belowdecks and let the 26th Foot know our long voyage is nearing its end! Soon enough we'll bring the fight to the Lotii!", Brickleton replied.

560HeliportGrannyLEGO