Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

1626364656668»

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 761
    I think I may have over reached myself for a first MOC!

if you are anything like me you will build, tear apart, and rebuild slightly differently many times before you are finally satisfied with the final outcome.  I often will make some “sketch models” that establish the rough outline/footprint of the MOC and then go from there... I’ll be interested to see your in-progress pics!
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 49
    Well shucks ... meant that to just be a url to the Youtube video not an image! It might help if you saw a picture of Wolf (the RV). We'll see if that worked. If learning new things keeps the brain young I am at least retrogressed to my sixties by now!
    560HeliportKungFuKennyCymbelinebrickventures
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 381
    @GrannyLEGO , Check out https://brickset.com/sets/60182-1/Pickup-Caravan. Yes, it's a trailer, but it does have dual axles on a very good scale, and seems to me that you could build it onto a new chassis, then work on the cab.
    Cymbeline
    Thanks Modeltrainman but I guess I wasn't clear about the dual wheels. The front axle has just the two wheels on it but the rear axle has four wheels, two on each side like many 18 wheelers do. If you look carefully at the photo of our RV you will see what I mean. I have just finished #60182 and it was an interesting build but less helpful than I had hoped. Today I have been absolutely overwhelmed by #10243 The Parisian Restaurant. I managed to make it through the first part and have decided I will end up working in my sleep if I don't take a break. ... GrannyLEGO
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 381
     @GrannyLEGO Oh, I see! In that case, you would want to use some size of Technic brick with holes, like the 1x6 in my mockup below, (chosen for 6 wide, the scale LEGO uses for City,) for the rear axle, a , Technic axle and 4 wheel hubs, then the matching tires. (4x 55982, 1x 3737, 2x 3894 are the element IDs in my mockup. (You'd want different colors obviously, I picked these so they'd be easier to see.) The tires I would recommend are 18977.
    What software is that that you used? Is it hard to learn and use? Something like this might be the way to work out my MOC.
    Got it downloaded and installed now to figure out how to use it!
    LittleLori
    @GrannyLEGO it has a bit of a learning curve. It takes getting used to.
    I've not fallen by the wayside or anything ... just got distracted by #10270 Bookshop and #31097 Townhouse Pet Shop & Cafe not to mention a few smaller sets found on sale. #10264 Corner Garage is out there some where on its way here ... have found that the small sets are a piece of cake after struggling through the big ones! A word to the wise, don't mix up those numbered bags. You will never find bag 3 parts in bag 5!

KungFuKennySnizzlebuttsLittleLoriModeltrainman
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 381
    The mud field that is #40362 has been bothering me, and my large pile of new stems has had me itching to build something with them.

So, here is a quick MOC called ‘Lost in the woods’

LittleLoriBumblepantscatwranglerGothamConstructionCoKungFuKenny
    @monkey_roo
    Nice build!  That castle book is on my wishlist... as the Fantasy genre is one of my favorites I’ve added volume one of your series also!
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 623
    Some people on here may recall over the years (and there have been a few now...) I occasional post about my other big hobby - writing. Specifically the book series i write - The Hamington Chronicles, available from Amazon only....
    Any plans on publishing eBook versions? 
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    They actually began their life in ebook format, as that was the first publishing platform Amazon offered. But they never sold and I could never connect the material to the target age group, even when I turned them free.

Since they are aimed at an age group that I think should be reading books the old fashioned way rather than adding more screen time as soon as Amazon offered a Print on Demand publishing platform I switched over. Still aren't selling any though :)
    pxchrisKungFuKenny
  • Brickzone52Brickzone52 Zürich, SwitzerlandMember Posts: 0
    edited January 19

Hey Guys

Jeep Wrangler custom Pickup „Bandit“ 1:10. The model is full motorized and radio controlled.

instagram.com/brickzone_52

BumblepantsCymbelineTkattpxchrisKungFuKennyLittleLoriSwitchfoot55Addicted2Oxygencolay
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 246
    Looks like a go anywhere keep , nice job .torque over speed but does vibration wreak  havoc on brick sections or is the kraggle company a sponsor
    MOC's go here, right? Even if they are small? Some where it was suggested beginners try vignettes with their minifigures so while waiting the arrival of my #70419 Wrecked Shrimp Boat that's what I have been doing. The first was this one, almost by accident. I ordered the Warg figure for my eventual MOC of our RV, called Timmberwolf. I had a bunch of my little stuff on the shelf and accidentally the Warg ended up eyeing the hot dog in the vendor's tongs ... screamed out as a vignette.

560HeliportBumblepantsKungFuKennymsandersstluxAddicted2Oxygen
    Last but not least is back to the minifigures, well two of them but they came together, a couple of Airborne Clone Troopers who are just as human as the rest of us and decided to settle their disagreement with a duel. Had the most fun with the alien vegetation. The broken wall in the back right doesn't show in the photo but came out well. So, besides putting the dropped Corner Garage back together this is how I spend my time, Not exactly productive but I'm retired so I guess it's okay!

560HeliportBumblepantsmsandersstluxAddicted2Oxygen
    There was one more vignette of a dogsled with a couple of passengers traveling across a white baseplate. I need to really work on the camera issue as this one was mostly hopeless with lots of red in it which I managed to get rid of mostly but it is still not a good photo at all. The figures were from the City Advent calendar except not sure where I got the second huskie. Learned a lot extending the Advent dogsled to hold the passenger.
    560Heliportpanchox1CymbelinemsandersLittleLoridehnehsuAddicted2Oxygen
  • Brickzone52Brickzone52 Zürich, SwitzerlandMember Posts: 0

Hey Guys

Biggest MOC i`ve built so far, the Liebherr R 9150 1/13.

Number of pieces: too much. The black parts for the tracks are more than 1200.

Wheight: i guess about 40 pounds.

Effort in hours: loosed the feeling for time, but lets say 300.

Functions: there are no functions, its only i display model. 

More pics and models: instagram.com/brickzone_52

CymbelineBumblepantsKungFuKennyvanvonfullGothamConstructionCoSwitchfoot55colay
    Baymax, from Big Hero 6 is a personal favorite of mine. He's the size of a Brickheadz, but he has moving feet, arms, fingers, and head. I built him to celebrate having my collection partially sorted. Next, I want to improve his base,(designed after his case/charger from the movie), and build his armor.(I'm going to try to make it removeable.)
    KungFuKennypxchrispanchox1ericbGothamConstructionCoLittleLori
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 483
    Greetings, I know you may be awaiting an update on my Doctor Strange/Peter Parker College but I decided to leave it as such for the moment. I am now turning my attention to a Factory with two dark grey 32x32 plates side by side as my order that includes #60258 Tuning Workshop is on it's way so I decided to make preparations for it:

As you may see the 1x1 parts are there to mark how big I estimate the size of the Shop to be based on the details of the set description on LEGO website.

Closer details on the conveyor belt and yes that is The Lego Batman Movie #70913 Scarecrow Fearful Face-Off machinery, I will add a caldera next to it and the other 32x32 will be shown as I intend that to be the main product shipping and material delivery or, given that the front door of the shop opens I may decide to keep it as the shipping for cars and other things (no one tell.the Rebel Terrorists that this factory will be making Imperial gear though it will require part fabrication with assembly at a second site):

• LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 483
    edited February 15
    An update to my factory, ther seems to be a problem with my Lego order according to LEGO but what else is new? 
    That machine next to.thw conveyor belt came from the 2002 Episode II set: Duel on Geonosis and is the part that held Dooku speeder in place and is now turned into a welding arm. My figures also realized that an 8x32 plate was too small and thus they needed another 32x32 plate (to construct a silo which would carry the materials and a second one for fuel and to also to accomodate a military factory were the Imperial vehicles are assembled after the parts are fabricated next door, that way the Empire won't need to import so many new vehicles and they just bring the materials there.

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,919
    edited February 17
    @GrannyLEGO that's really good for a first MOC! I've got a husband that's the same, he likes to have things realistically, but to be honest, it's more fun that way than if your spouse would shrug and not be interested.
    Really nice details and colour use. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
    @GrannyLEGO
    Nice job!  That minifig is a mix of parts- looks like Kili’s hair and torso, Mirkwood Elf legs, and Fili’s face...
    snowhitie said:
    @GrannyLEGO that's really good for a first MOC! I've got a husband that's the same, he likes to have things realistically, but to be honest, it's more fun that way than if your spouse would shrug and not be interested.
    Really nice details and colour use. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
    Thanks! Hubby can be annoying that way but you're right, at least he actually pays attention to my fiddling around with bricks. He wants WW2 era tanks like he worked on in the Army and I have yet to find any decent MOC instructions though. He does lack the concept of what is really difficult doing in LEGO!

@GrannyLEGO
    Nice job!  That minifig is a mix of parts- looks like Kili’s hair and torso, Mirkwood Elf legs, and Fili’s face...

You really think so? If I remember right that came out of a LOTR or Hobbit set ... I needed to grab somebody who fit being on a Watchtower and didn't pay a lot of attention. Looked like Aragon to me. If it is as you say and it probably is, I put it together wrong in the set.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,919
    @GrannyLEGO

You really think so? If I remember right that came out of a LOTR or Hobbit set ... I needed to grab somebody who fit being on a Watchtower and didn't pay a lot of attention. Looked like Aragon to me. If it is as you say and it probably is, I put it together wrong in the set.
    Yeah, it's definitely not Aragorn but a mix of Hobbit parts.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,067
    Perhaps your grandkids are responsible? :)
    KungFuKenny
    Thanks! Hubby can be annoying that way but you're right, at least he actually pays attention to my fiddling around with bricks. He wants WW2 era tanks like he worked on in the Army and I have yet to find any decent MOC instructions though. He does lack the concept of what is really difficult doing in LEGO!

Rebrickable is full of tank MOCs (especially WW2) and many of them have instructions available... 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/?get_drill_downs=&min_year=2000&max_year=2020&min_parts=0&max_parts=5000&q=Tank%20ww2&top_theme=&inc_premium=on&inc_free=on
    Perhaps your grandkids are responsible? :)
    If he wasn't on the other side of the country and only two years old I might manage to blame him! The other grandkids are grown and as far away as Vietnam (of all places). The closest was in Ohio last I heard from her.

I will have to check those out. He sent me a couple of pictures to compare with. That or better yet, I will send him to look at these! Thanks!!!
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,521
    @GrannyLEGO you may want to check out a company called Brickmania. They sell kits and instruction books. Only problem is they can be a bit expensive for some people.
    KungFuKenny
    edited February 18
    gmonkey76 said:
    @GrannyLEGO you may want to check out a company called Brickmania. They sell kits and instruction books. Only problem is they can be a bit expensive for some people.
    I have told him to check out the site and find the right tank. He has something very definite in mind as he worked on them in the late 60's in the Army. I'd really like to build him a tank, the one he remembers, even if I have to put off other sets. Thank you for this link ... some tempting stuff there.
    panchox1gmonkey76drdavewatford