Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,181
    edited January 2018
    Umm...why is this in the Marketplace??
    I thought this thread moved.  Is this another one of those Forum oddities, or was there a reason for the move?

@CapnRex101; @drdavewatford
    FowlerBricks
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 393
    Is someone expecting us to sell MOCs?
    SumoLego
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 888
    First build of the year, kept it simple.  Bonus geek points for spotting the missing piece on the base.
    msandersFowlerBricksricecakecatwranglerstluxSamJvizzitorOnebricktoomany
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 393
    Coming over here from the contest thread. Since I still can't render my build in Stud.io, I've uploaded it to Bricklink to let you guys download it to look at it. I'm not sure if you need a Bricklink account to download it though.

(I'm assuming links are allowed)
    https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/model.page?idModel=29878
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 584
    I don’t think I’ve seen a general page for Modular Building MOC’s in this forum, so I thought it would be nice if members could share all their MOC’s in here! 

Today I finished the facade of my first ‘Modular MOC from scratch’. I’ve MOC’ed smaller sets like Corner Deli into a Modular before, but this was the first time I’ve started to just experiment with the pieces I had available. My collection of spare parts is really limited so it was quite challenging and I had to choose my colours carefully. 

This is the (unfinished) result:

For size, compared to other Modulars:

What do you guys think? Things you’d change? Any tips on how to start with Modular buildings from scratch? 

I’m curious to see what Modular MOC’s my fellow bricksetters came up with! 
    (If there’s already a thread about this, sorry! Feel free to move it!) 
    560HeliportcatwranglersnowhitievizzitorTheBigLegoski
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 584
    (And sorry for the bad quality pictures) 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
    Got Redstone?

A 16x16x16 chunk of Redstone in Lego (2x2) bricks...
    LittleLoriFowlerBricksxiahnaSeijiAmasawa
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 33
    Here my attempt at a vignette of my favorite scene in Rogue One. 

LittleLoriBumblepantssnowhitieSwitchfoot55Mr_CrossbrickedinJamesJTTheBigLegoski
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 235
    A couple of terrible quality photos of something I'm still working on.

I'm still not happy with the ears and might take out the 1x1 black plate with "tooth" on each side of the face and put in a 1 x 2 plate with 3 teeth.

And if anyone has any suggestions for making the ears look any less terrible, please let me know.

If anyone can figure out who it is just from those, it means I'm on the right track at least.
    datsunrobbiericecakemafonsnowhitiecatwranglerBumblepantsthe_creative_boxmadejp86
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    I put this in the Lego Ideas thread, but I thought I'd put it here too. Here's my main entry for the Moments in Space contest: the Gorilla-class Exoskeleton. You can check out the full entry here. If you like it, please consider voting for it come February 9th.

Mr_CrossMiniBricks1TheBigLegoski
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    vizzitor said:
    If anyone can figure out who it is just from those, it means I'm on the right track at least.
    Nice! Have you heard about the reboot?
    vizzitor
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    @vitreolum those are lovely such nice details, i'd be interested if you ever shared the instructions :)
  • DianneDianne VulcanMember Posts: 19
    datsunrobbieBumblepantscatwrangler
  • RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    I've started uploading my MOCs to BrickSafe: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Zetroc/
    Fitted as many Japanese elements into a 16x32 diorama as I could manage, short of some poor chap committing ritual suicide.  Getting closer to the point I'm ready to Bricklink this into reality.

JudgeChuckricecakestluxJenniLostInTranslation
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    edited February 2018
    So after getting bitten by the Brickheadz bug (as a result of nabbing some for 75% off), I grabbed the 2 seasonal one at a Lego store today and felt like I should attempt to represent another Holiday: Saint Patrick's Day!
    BillyBricks84BumblepantsricecakestluxTheOriginalSimonBSamJLittleLoriMiniBricks1
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    ^Very cool! I also appreciate the realism of the haze from the smoke coming out of the pipe. 
    SirBrickalotOfLegoCaptainRogersSamJToc13Muftak1
    I've updated my NASA Space Shuttle orbiter vehicle.  This was just rejected by the Lego Ideas team.  :o(

This and more available at https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/user.page?idBuilder=550520

FowlerBrickscatwranglerricecakeMr_Cross
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    ^Very cool! I also appreciate the realism of the haze from the smoke coming out of the pipe. 
    @BillyBricks84 Thanks! Unintended consequences of part of my phone glass cracking and some residue buildup around the camera... Guess it worked for thar photo, hut I gotta get that fixed.
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    @BillyBricks84 Thanks! Unintended consequences of part of my phone glass cracking and some residue buildup around the camera... Guess it worked for thar photo, hut I gotta get that fixed.
    Went out for SP-day last year, i guess? ;)

Looks cool!
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 162
    Castle layout moc, sorry, bad pics
    FowlerBricksBumblepantsthe_creative_boxdatsunrobbiecatwranglerwardmOnebricktoomanyTheBigLegoski
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 162
    Oh! and....

FowlerBrickscatwranglerOnebricktoomanyTheBigLegoski
  • cloudlickercloudlicker USAMember Posts: 2
    My first submission to LEGO Ideas. Received 1800 supporters its first week. Please stop by and support if you like it! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1d1b481c-e8b4-4dda-99f3-ec6243139099

After upgrades.

Falcon 9 with Dragon Capsule (before upgrades)

Cherry Red Telsa Roadster with Starman (in development)

ricecakethe_creative_boxSamJdatsunrobbieYo_dAcatwrangler
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
    After watching the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer for the tenth time, I decided to mess around with my Falcon Microfighter design rework it to look like the earlier version of the Falcon from Solo. Hoping TLG actually does a Microfighter of this Falcon, especially if they use some of the same elements, cause I want build this one too now...

Final version of my design (awaiting one Bricklink order):

What it would look like it TLG were still producing Light Stone Grey parts:

& finally, the Solo movie variant (again TLG, please bring back LSG):

catwranglerxiahnaTheBigLegoski
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384

McLaren F1 LM, Pagani Zonda Revolución, Koenigsegg One:1, Aston Martin Vulcan, and 1963 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster.
    FowlerBricksSwitchfoot55catwrangler
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    ^That looks absolutely stunning, but there are a little too many images... maybe you could share an image link to flickr etc. next time.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRALostInTranslation
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,322
    is it me or is it very "lgbt"?
    otherwise that's pretty good, though the window placement on the front at the 1st floor is weird. I had never seen those windows with the diagonal bars, interesting.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,094
    edited February 2018
    Fauch said:
    is it me or is it very "lgbt"?

Nope. The suggestive minifig placement, a preponderance of pink, and the wall art in the kitchen and bedroom certainly give it that flavor. I don't barbecue in my speedo!
  • homantimhomantim WisconsinMember Posts: 3
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a85d60f1-ca1b-4bca-bb25-1ae70f31e389

I bought LEGO 40174, then decided I wanted a more realistic chess set, so I built my own version.  Check it out! 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a85d60f1-ca1b-4bca-bb25-1ae70f31e389
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    edited February 2018
    @NinjaStop - love it, especially the way you did the windows at the front of the building. The sheer wealth of detail inside is terrific too - it takes it past just having generic interior stuff and gives it and the owners real personality. 
    LostInTranslation
  • KamalMYafiKamalMYafi Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2018
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 339
    I have a YouTube page dedicated my MOCS and what not. Here is MY latest video, check it out if you have a few minutes to burn.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,322
    edited February 2018
    oh, cool idea using the doctor who set. I would try replacing the grey bars with black ones (or dark blue if that exists)
    also do 1x1 tiles exist in nougat? for around the door. grey seems to work, but maybe nougat would be better.
    oh yeah, great combination between the nougat and dark blue, that makes the different features pop out pretty well.
    wardm
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,946
    I like the gray parts, adds some good contrast.
    wardm
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 324

Finishing routing the monorail. Need to finish the terminals and then I can build a table, drop in the Ferris Wheel, modulars, and skyscrapers, and Brickadelphia is done.
    FowlerBrickswardmcatwranglerstluxbluedragonMooreFXOnebricktoomanyTheBigLegoski
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    Here is some scenery I made for a stop-motion video. Hopefully I will have time to start filming it next week.
    BumblepantsbluedragonFowlerBricksMooreFXmafon
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Yorick
    560Heliportricecake
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    Rug Dune Buggy

First 3 Corvettes

Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

TheFewFowlerBricksthe_creative_boxricecakeGothamConstructionComafonTheBigLegoski