Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    ^ I hope you don't end up working for Lepin @Adzbadboy ;o)

Speedman29AllBrickGothamConstructionCostluxJudgeChuckToc13sid3windrjackybrickGoldchains
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 383
    Three more vehicles.

This took inspiration from this: 

Jeep is based on the jeep from an Indiana Jones set. Van is based off of the crook's van from 60008.

All six vehicles I built this week. Also, as a bonus, here is a little scene using that police car:

catwranglerAllBrickClutchPowerdurazno33
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    I'd almost be worried about the ostriches stepping right over that fence! I feel like stacking some fences like http://brickset.com/parts/4264031 would result in a more secure-looking enclosure, as would making a chain-link fence using parts like http://brickset.com/parts/4278730. But neither of those would work with the irregular enclosure shape you have here. :/

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,185
    Nah it's fine, they're too busy guarding their nest. 

For the the most part I've been aiming for a safari park feel and have mentally added trenches around all the enclosures ;-)

If I manage to get to the point of combining all the little builds into a full Zoo layout I intend to raise the whole thing up so I can add ha-has and moats.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 485
    ^we need a lego accordion.
    ClutchPowerAllBrick
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Another Question!
    catwranglerMooreFXTechnicNickAllBrickJamesJTbobabrickstallblocktoo
    Hope you all don't mind Brickarms or similar stuff, since I do use them, as seen here.

The jeep has been modded and I attached a Brickarms BAR to go with the whole vintage military feel. 

The second one is based off of the SUV from 60058. The pair driving this are not guys you wanna cross...

MooreFXGlacierfalls265ClutchPowersnowhitieAllBrick
    Credit for how to build this goes to the TheBrickLab and their video on the Tigerella from Lego City Undercover.

Glacierfalls265catwranglerBumblepantsAllBrickClutchPower
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,320
    Does anyone out there know what elements this builder has used to construct this amazing roller-coaster? This MOC is truly epic!

Don't know what other topic I should post this, so I put it here. Obviously this is not my MOC.
    Does anyone recognize those rails or tubing, as well as the bars that connect and are holding the two rails together? Is it even Lego? Is anyone able to ID these elements?
    If you know and can give the answer, much appreciated! Thanks.

• GozerGozer RomeMember Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    @TechnicNick Thanks!!!
    Credit goes to Keep on Bricking for the instructions, as while this didn't come out exactly, I did follow the video for the most part.

Here is said video: 
    catwrangler
  • FlanBrosIncFlanBrosInc USMember Posts: 37
    I just finished up two creations I have up over on Ideas.

The Great Lighthouse of Alexandria

And Mickey's Trailer!

AllBrickClutchPowersnowhitieflordcatwranglerGoldchainstallblocktooLEGO_Dad77
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @TheBigLegoski It's a custom system that was sold as a set a while ago. If you want to do one from official parts there's this one -

I assume you can contact Edward, if you want to build one like his, through YouTube but if you have trouble send me your email and I'll pass it on.
    TheBigLegoski
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Does anyone out there know what elements this builder has used to construct this amazing roller-coaster? This MOC is truly epic!
    Don't know what other topic I should post this, so I put it here. Obviously this is not my MOC.
    Does anyone recognize those rails or tubing, as well as the bars that connect and are holding the two rails together? Is it even Lego? Is anyone able to ID these elements?
    If you know and can give the answer, much appreciated! Thanks.

Looks like Coaster Dymanics stuff.

Link here:

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/
    TheBigLegoski
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,320
    @Jenni    @ecmo47    
    Thank you! Now I am a little wiser.
    So the man who build this roller coaster: Jim Burrows, used a Lego compatible brick system, i.e. not genuine Lego parts for his MOC. It does not change anything with regard to how fantastic it is. Except from a 'Lego purist' perspective it can't be build like that only using genuine lego pieces, as Lego does not produce such a tube/rail system (to my knowledge).
    I cannot tell just by studying the youtube video you (Jenni) posted what/how that roller coaster, as you write, using real Lego pieces was constructed, as the quality of the video is not good enough for me to see what elements are used (if they are in fact Lego pieces), and/or me lacking knowledge about certain technic elements that were used.
    Nonetheless once more, thank you both very much!
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @TheBigLegoski It's a ludicrous number of technic pins and connectors. It is all LEGO pieces. There are a handful around that use that system but I believe Edward's is the first with a loop. Another LUG member is building one in black, if they can coordinate to weave them around each other it's going to be awesome.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    @Jenni    @ecmo47    
    Thank you! Now I am a little wiser.
    So the man who build this roller coaster: Jim Burrows, used a Lego compatible brick system, i.e. not genuine Lego parts for his MOC. It does not change anything with regard to how fantastic it is. Except from a 'Lego purist' perspective it can't be build like that only using genuine lego pieces, as Lego does not produce such a tube/rail system (to my knowledge).
    I cannot tell just by studying the youtube video you (Jenni) posted what/how that roller coaster, as you write, using real Lego pieces was constructed, as the quality of the video is not good enough for me to see what elements are used (if they are in fact Lego pieces), and/or me lacking knowledge about certain technic elements that were used.
    Nonetheless once more, thank you both very much!
    It is a cool looking coaster, but, as you pointed out, not LEGO. Different jobs sometimes require different tools to get good results. For roller coasters, I use K'Nex. Track looks similar to the third-party track in the video, and I've been able to pick up a bunch of sets either used or on clearance. 
    TheBigLegoski
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    bloodborne ftw

i ve been sucked into this game the past 6 weeks, but i think i got over it.

enough PREY's SLAUGHTERED so far ... back to lego!
    Modded the car I posted last time.

Also, this:

Here is the video on the latter if you wanna build it yourself: 
    catwranglersnowhitie
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,755
    Oh, that is gorgeous, @vitreolum
    vitreolum
    Doctor Strange
    WananekoRsa33BumblepantsVorpalRyucatwranglerdavetheoxygenmanstlux
  • WananekoWananeko GranadaMember Posts: 13
    edited February 2017
    @vitreolum wow, that's so amazing!

Here's another shot of my Roland Deschain minifig.

vitreolumDedgeckocatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    ^ Looks great!
    SirBen
    Excellent buffaloes.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited February 2017
    I got the AMG GT3 set today, but, I attempted to turn mine into the AMG GT road car. It helps that the set has an additional front end build you can swap in :P

And another:

For those who wish to build a van like this of their own, here's the source:

catwranglerBumblepantssnowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • KamalMYafiKamalMYafi Member Posts: 24
    NEXO (NEO) Fighter:

catwranglerVorpalRyusnowhitie
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    I made a hamster wheel. I use a RC train controller to alter the speed.

catwranglerricecakeAllBrickSwitchfoot55snowhitiebobabricksTechnicNick
  • SwisstonySwisstony Bucks,UKMember Posts: 28

Apologies first if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find where else to post it so feel free to chuck it in the right place :)

My wife is Modular mad, the street being her passion and over the years she has started collecting every one of the 12 models released including the latest Assembly Square. I had to build more storage for them in the house as we had run out of space to display them ! But she now has the full set. But typical of her, she is never happy with the interiors and like our actual house itself, she wants to make changes . Now it would be sacrilege to change the exterior but the interior is a free for all !

She decided that the Cafe Corner was boring inside ( well it is empty after all ! ) so she designed and tweaked all three floors until it was just how she liked it. 

The space is so tight in there it is hard to get the lighting just right when taking photos but you get the idea.

Ground floor- from an empty green base plate to...

Complete with her 2nd favourite thing..coffee ! Cakes, glasses, jukebox, bar etc

Then the 1st floor was turned into the hotel reception.

Somewhere for the guests to sit whilst their rooms are made ready but to be honest there are only two rooms so how slow are the chambermaids ?

Once checked in the guests can make their way to their tiny bijoux rooms. Christ knows how much they are paying but don't try to swing a cat in there !

Once Cafe Corner was finished (subject to her changing her mind ...) she turned her attention to Green Grocer.

Now this one does have a little more detail inside but again not enough according to my wife so out came the paintbrush , rollers and trips to the DIY store.

Working our way from ground floor up. She has filled the fridge, restocked all the shelves and refreshed the newspaper stand as well as bringing in more groceries.

Moving upstairs to the apartment, she added in  sitting room, kitchen complete with flat screen TV ( and yes we like the Grand Tour), iMac desk area, you name it.

Next floor has a new structure for the bathroom and shower, bedroom again with TV..

Finally up to the roof and here she has stopped. BBQ are and sun loungers.

Yes that is someone dressed up as a Hot Dog cooking the BBQ ...cuckoooo

AllBrickricecakesnowhitieTechnicNickTheBigLegoskitallblocktooLEGO_Dad77
  • SwisstonySwisstony Bucks,UKMember Posts: 28

Her last project is Market Street. Now I know this is basic because it was designed by Lego Fan but she felt it needed a little 'tweak". So here we can see it looks different from the basic model...

Then the Market side has exploded

The worker needs stairs to get up to his new vegetable and fruit patch. Somewhere to store his tools and he can get water to water his crops from the kitchen .

Inside the building he now has a new kitchen 

Living room

and a fold up bed because space is at a premium.

So there you go, a lot of photos to wade through but I hope you enjoy some mad ideas from someone who is obviously mad as a box of frogs :)

bluedragonAllBricksnowhitieBrikingTheBigLegoskitallblocktoo