Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,752
    Yeah, I think it's because people often attach the original full-size image to their posts; it's very easy to do because you just drag and drop. I'm sure I've been guilty of it too, but it'd make things a lot easier if we resized pics - can always put the full-size ones on Flickr for people to zoom in on; we're used to linking to Flicker in posts anyway if there's a lot more pics of a model...
    KingAlanI
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I keep saying. Attach one or two 'cover' photos and if you think your model needs more, link to the Brickshelf/imgur/Flickr album. It makes the page so much easier to load. 
    VorpalRyuKingAlanIAdzbadboyjosekalelsnowhitieShib
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,177
    But we are on a new page! So for a couple of hours/days, this thread will load fine again!
    VorpalRyuchrisalddincatwranglerKingAlanIBuriedinBricksAdzbadboyDontcopythatfloppy
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 282
    Hello, I am currently building a modular building on my own (no instructions other than in my head and some sketch in LDD). Here are some pictures: 
    The first floor on both of them will be offices, second floor living apartments by the third floor the MOC takes a very different approach: one is a hospital the other a jail, on top of the hospital there will be a landing pad and on top of the jail a wharehouse with its roof being another landing pad. Both will have an "elevator" to give the floors some recollection and two floors (the third and fourth) will have a bridge between them. Any tips to building it? Should I give the first floor a well floor?
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,869
    I've taken to just posting a description and link.
    this page takes way to dam long to load.
    Yes, a flood of images has built up because there's more than this page can handle. If only the pictures generated power rather than using it.

• pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
    Yeah, I think it's because people often attach the original full-size image to their posts; it's very easy to do because you just drag and drop. I'm sure I've been guilty of it too, but it'd make things a lot easier if we resized pics - can always put the full-size ones on Flickr for people to zoom in on; we're used to linking to Flicker in posts anyway if there's a lot more pics of a model...
    I'm guilty but i upload from my phone.
    Does anyone know of a good appto resize images as i my phone wont do it??
    A friend suggests Cropic - seems to be on both iPhone and Android...
    pasat14
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,869
    A friend suggests Cropic - seems to be on both iPhone and Android...
    I can't find it on the Google Play store, searches for cropic result in photo apps with other names. (and regular web searches give results about the iOS version)

Oh dear, I don't know what's wrong; she uses Android herself! Maybe it's no longer available on there... :(
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Photoshop express is good for Android. 
  • pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
    Yeah i looked for it last night and couldnt find it. Photoshop express is in the playstore so will have a suss of that tonight!
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836

Just a little bit of whatever for whatever's sake.
    catwranglerLEGO_Dad77SumoLego
  • AsterickedAstericked Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2016
    Here's my latest project.
    catwranglerJenniJudgeChucksnowhitie
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    @Astericked awesome! Reminds me that I need to post my recent Breaking Bad MOC.
    catwrangler
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Venunder said:
    @legojeroen. Sorry it was a bad attempt at humour.
    I had just read about a small boy who thinks the square heads of Minecraft figures mean that the sets are not "real" lego.

So I should have said something like "Now make the landscape with Minifigures and Lego vegetation, instead of Minecraft lego blocks."
    HA! That's my son. And he still feels that way. There's no convincing him otherwise.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    More of a MOD than a MOC, but I wanted an AT-ACT for a LUG event in December.
    starwars4eversnowhitiestluxLEGO_Dad77bobabricksasrfarinhacatwranglerMooreFX
    That y-wing is amazing
    Bumblepants
  • kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    @ecmo47 fantastic! Really needs a group shot if everything now
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Nice! The RR is instantly recognisable!
    @wooootles - looks great. You appear to have been right across from us at BW this year (WisLUG).

Do you have a breakdown on the parts/how those palm trees go together?
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    @wooootles Amazing job! The tower could be very well be turned into Avengers' Tower.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,177
    Looks great! And now I feel a need to order pink bricks to display my Unikitty collection...
    BuriedinBricksklatu003
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    @wooootles that tower is awesome. Definitely will check out your Flickr
  • wooootleswooootles USAMember Posts: 4
    Nice! The RR is instantly recognisable!
    Thanks!
    @wooootles - looks great. You appear to have been right across from us at BW this year (WisLUG).

Do you have a breakdown on the parts/how those palm trees go together?
    Thanks!  The palm tree, well... I googled it, not a completely original design.  I started with this: http://inspiredbrick.blogspot.com/2012/12/palm-tree-tutorial.html but I put another lightsaber bar in the middle so I can stick more palm leaves
    josekalel said:
    @wooootles Amazing job! The tower could be very well be turned into Avengers' Tower.
    blogzilly said:
    @wooootles that tower is awesome. Definitely will check out your Flickr
    Thanks!  I am currently building another big MOC, not as big as my tower but will be the second largest I ever build.  Stay tuned, guys!
    BuriedinBricks
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 170
    @wooootles That tower is amazing.  It is so good I may copy it!  Great interiors as well.  I think its super hard to pull off a skyscraper that looks good in a modular based city (I have tried several times) but yours is just fantastic.  My hats off to you!

• blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    So many MOCs, not enough complimentary terms in the language to properly bathe them all with the appropriate adulation. 

Talent Talent everywhere! WOOHOO!
    catwranglerOnebricktoomanyAllBrickLEGO_Dad77
  • sheosheo RussiaMember Posts: 12
    vitreolum said:

It seems that a terrible fate is coming upon the rat...
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    sheo said:
    vitreolum said:

It seems that a terrible fate is coming upon the rat...
    Ratatouille anyone? :)

davetheoxygenman
  • BrickenbergBrickenberg RussiaMember Posts: 7
    Hey! 
    Welcome to the modular pedestrian street! It is not just a modular buildings! You are waiting for exciting adventures and search for hidden treasures! Let's try to find them first! 
    More photos of the project you can see here:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/158145
    PLEASE SUPPORT THIS PROJECT!

a1.jpg 431.4K
    a2.jpg 332.2K
    a4.jpg 320.4K
    LEGO_Dad77catwranglerbandit778OnebricktoomanyJenniMooreFXjosekalelAllBrickGoldchains
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    edited November 2016
    Inspired by Chris McVeigh's ornament collection, I came up with this unique design. All pieces shown are available although some are a little hard to find. If anybody wants the LDD file, send me a PM with your email address. Parts have been ordered so should have some
    real ones in a few weeks.

BumblepantscatwranglerAanchirMooreFXdavetheoxygenmanAllBrickkhmellymelbandit778
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 107

Working on a few Christmas images. Shame those Elfs don't come in flesh !!
    GothamConstructionCokhmellymelTechnicNick
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    New Bionicle MOC! Her name's Toxicarosa.

Toxicarosa Looms (front)

Check out the Flickr album for more photos!

JenniBumblepantsAllBrickcatwranglerjackybrickTechnicNick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Aanchir said:
    New Bionicle MOC! Her name's Toxicarosa.

Toxicarosa Looms (front)

Check out the Flickr album for more photos!

That reminds me, I must contact my ex.  

Johnyk668
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,472
    Good display, but I wonder if the legs closest to the front of the display should be deeper in the water?
    That storm trooper in the front would suggest the sea is deeper.
    @Venunder he's supposed to be the guy who found the drop-off from the sandbar
    stluxbandit778Yodalicious