The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• ZegnaZegna SingaporeMember Posts: 14
    edited May 2014

Sorry wrong post
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @rancorbait once again, great LDD MOC :D the only reason I don't like building in LDD is that I might build something cool and then want it in physical form but soon find out half of the pieces don't even exist ;P
    rancorbait
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    Just found some pictures on my phone of a little Day of the Triffids scene I did

More here

anyone who's not read the book I thoroughly recommend it!
    Jennirancorbaitbobabricksdoomer72Phoneboothcarlq
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    This is not really creative, but it's cool: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14306598925/
    rancorbaitbobabricks
    For my final project in Art at college I have decided to create a new LEGO Creator set as they are the core LEGO products, they are what defines the creativity that combines logic and reasoning with playfulness and imagination.

Below is the second sketch model of my LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot.
    bobabricksTechnicNick
    Cool Lego salad @Adzbadboy I like the use of the planet series dome :)
    edited May 2014

Cool Lego salad @Adzbadboy I like the use of the planet series dome :)

@bobabricks, It's cool for using it as a bowl to sort your Lego while building as well; just make sure you use a "Parabolic Ring" at the bottom to keep it still.
    bobabricks
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @vitreolum Did he cut himself, or where did the blood come from?

:oP
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    @suprajames‌ Very cool. The AT-ST repair dock looks really cool.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited June 2014
    The corpse is hiding behind that huge shield. :))
    bobabricks
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    In that case, it looks like the corpse is wearing pointy green shoes. ;-)
    carlqbobabricksDaragh
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Added another mech to my Galaxy Squad armory. These new ball joints are AWESOME!
    JennirancorbaitBumblepantscarlqCapnRex101jasorGothamConstructionCoricecake

In that case, it looks like the corpse is wearing pointy green shoes. ;-)

The only good elf is a dead elf.

scrumpercarlqbobabricks
    At least we know its not a LotR elf, because if it was then that guy would have died before his sword fell.... ;o)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    The cutoff for this round (yeah, we know it's not really following the weekly schedule) is Wednesday. Get yours in by end of Wednesday forum-time to get into this round.
    Cut off one head; two more shall take it's place. Hail Hydra!
    Chrisbstmbobabricks
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^Speaking of which, why DID Hydra have a 'squid'-like symbol in the film? Squids have multiple tentacles, but never heads... barely one head come to think of it.
    edited June 2014
    ^ Because everyone knows that if you put a head on tentacles it looks pretty creepy! :oP

Right?

legomattAdzbadboycarlqTheLoneTensorvitreolumbobabricks
    edited June 2014
    Just thought about it and Hydra kind of looks like these baddies if anyone can remember them...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Coulson: "Cut off a head, two more will take its place." 
    Garrett: "Is it a head? I thought it was a limb." 
    Fitz: "No no no, it's a head." 
    Coulson: "It's a head."
    rancorbaitjasorAdzbadboy
    @Adzbadboy are you sure you haven't secretly seen an exclusive poly bag for the set?... I've got my eyes on you "bad boy" :P
    Adzbadboy
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2014
    As always, a great bunch of candidates covering a wide range of themes and ideas. But of course, only one can survive in this creative arena. Only one can truly say that June 5th, 2014 was MY day. Between @doomer72 and myself, we have decided that that person is...

@phonebooth with his mosiac of "that exotic chick from that magazine" Congratulations!

Special mention also goes out to @TheOneVeyronian's Scorpion Ruins Palace and @TechnicNick's House, both of which were fantastic models.
    TheOneVeyronianCapnRex101TechnicNickcarlqSirBenSirKevbags
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ A worthy winner, if only I had the time to convert all the LDD mosaics I have to real ones! :-) Congratulations to @phonebooth on winning, I can only describe your mosaic as a work of art :-)
    SirKevbags
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    edited June 2014
    Very well done @phonebooth ,another good week for mocs from the Brickset talent pool - long may it continue :-)
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Nice one, @Phonebooth‌! You can be especially proud to be the winner of such a strong group of contenders. :-)
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Well, trust me to kick-start the next round again... with a house:
    LEGO Modern British semi detached house - Whole house shot 1
    Okay, doesn't look like much, it's mostly an exercise in doing a fully equipped and furnished interior, and there's about 40 pictures of it, so for a comprehensive tour of the MOC, I refer you to my thread on Eurobricks about it, or if you prefer to just browse the pictures without going on the tour, my Flickr album.

The gap between the upper floor and the roof is a bizarre and hard to rectify error which looks like it's caused by some slight plate sizing issues (explained on the Eurobricks link), it's not supposed to sit like that but it won't slot into it's correct position for some reason. So just ignore it ;-)
    rancorbaitdoomer72CapnRex101carlqTechnicNickvitreolum
    @TheOneVeyronian nice house, what is the minifig's head?
  • doomer72doomer72 Member Posts: 36
    Very impressive @TheOneVeyronian‌ . I hope to announce later who will be judging the next round and I can go back to enjoying the MOCs without the dilemma of helping decide between so many fantastic entries .
    Jenni
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    ^ That's beautiful, and I'd be delighted to have built it.
    That's 10 out of 10 fantastic in my opinion .
    ^ pure genius !! . Your vehicle mocs are second to none .
    It's stunning, I absolutely love the grille done with plates. That's what I always find missing in my mocs, that flawless finish and clean look.
    edited June 2014

TheOneVeyronian nice house, what is the minifig's head?

It's a custom moulded head, it's supposed to represent my forum avatar :-) I mould them out of polymer based clay.

I could explain the story behind the avatar of course, but I don't think the maximum post size is big enough ;-)
    bobabricks
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,428
    Wow - much appreciated for the love! I was just sharing my recent builds, never thought I'd win. Especially with such amazing builds consistently (daily!) added to this thread.
    TheOneVeyronianLostInTranslationdoomer72TechnicNickjasorcarlq
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @vitreolum‌ - I saw your model on another site earlier on this morning, but I cannot remember which one. It is part of a MOC contest where you have to find novel uses for Technic pins as I recall. Great job!

@TechnicNick - I have to agree with the comments above, every single one of your vehicle MOCs, no matter the scale, is incredible!
    @vitreolum‌ Dang, man, that's awesome. So tiny yet instantly recognisable.
    I also think @TechnicNick‌'s post is great, but I've come to expect great things from him anyway...;-)
    TechnicNick
    @‌Capn It's a flickr challenge https://www.flickr.com/groups/part-challenge/
    Just started, they will choose a different part each month.
    I don't know if this belongs here, I wanted to share my Lego art work.

Lego X-Men: Days of Future Past – En Sabah Nur: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14178103768/in/photostream/
    edited June 2014
    Just a WIP, but I've been playing around with some custom decals for a Republic Commando LDD MOC that I'm working on. Any thoughts or suggestions?

LDD/Pov-Ray 'Boss' Helmet
    @rancorbait how do you make those prints I keep seeing people do them but I'm still just sitting here with blank helmets on LDD :P
    @rancorbait‌ I'm not sold on the Mandalorian helmet as the base, but I guess it's the only SW one without a fin? I seem to remember the RC helmets being more short and fat than tall and thin. That said, I can't think of a Lego helmet that would really work any better. Maybe just putting the decal on the visor of a bog-standard crash helmet? That one's sort of more short and fat.

Maybe if you made the blue 'visor' part of the decal wider (so it wrapped around more) it might help? (Or is that limited by the 'printable' area of the helmet?)

I hope I don't sound too critical here! Those were just my thoughts - I think it's pretty cool that you've done custom LDD decals!
    @rancorbait - Although I agree with @plasmodium above that the Mandalorian helmet is not an ideal shape, the design certainly gets the point across and is instantly recognisable as Boss.

If I were to choose ten Star Wars characters that I would like to be recreated officially by LEGO, the four Republic Commandos would certainly be in there :o)
    @vitreolum‌ - In droid mode, the shape of your model is reminiscent of a Chameleon Droid in my opinion. Great job!
    vitreolum
    @bobabricks - This might help :o) http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95821

@plasmodium - Thanks for your input! I agree, the helmet piece is not ideal, but I figured that was as close as I would get. :o)
    bobabricks