Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

1454648505167

Comments

  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    here is a video of my Palace Cinema MOC i have been working on.
    3 copys of #10232 was used in the building of this MOC.


    DaraghAllBrickbrumey
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    A good MOC. 
    It was a good idea to try making this into an inside corner building. I guess you are going to have modular buildings on both sides?

    It would require a major rebuild, but you could make this even better with two screening areas?
    Screen 1 remains where it is but extending down from the bottom half of the first floor, on a slope, into the top half if the ground floor. The plates removed from that section would be used for the floor of screen 1.
    You would have to lose the office area, as the screen for the screen 1 would be half way down that wall near the Limousine, Your store room could then go under that sloped section. 
    Then a second smaller screen 2, could sit at a tangent to that, above the first Projection room, (whose walls would be shorter, giving you a few extra bricks for other walls for the second projection room sitting above it), with the screen on the front wall?
    The roof room would probably have to sit at the back of your model to accommodate the projection room for screen 2.
    You might also require a few extra seats to fill both screens?
    tallblocktookiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    Venunder said:
    A good MOC. 
    It was a good idea to try making this into an inside corner building. I guess you are going to have modular buildings on both sides?

    It would require a major rebuild, but you could make this even better with two screening areas?
    Screen 1 remains where it is but extending down from the bottom half of the first floor, on a slope, into the top half if the ground floor. The plates removed from that section would be used for the floor of screen 1.
    You would have to lose the office area, as the screen for the screen 1 would be half way down that wall near the Limousine, Your store room could then go under that sloped section. 
    Then a second smaller screen 2, could sit at a tangent to that, above the first Projection room, (whose walls would be shorter, giving you a few extra bricks for other walls for the second projection room sitting above it), with the screen on the front wall?
    The roof room would probably have to sit at the back of your model to accommodate the projection room for screen 2.
    You might also require a few extra seats to fill both screens?
    it's a killer idea i give you that.
    but i can not thing of how you go about it.
    for a start the office doubles up as the ticket booth. 
    and how you go about lowing the floor of the Screen room i have  no idea. not and keep the  build modular.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    @DNA, I think that will make my partner's day! 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,166
    Better question, where is the cloning facility that popped out 46 Eomers?
    Andor
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,403
    ^ Now that's cool!
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,968
    It needs some green on the bedsheets to finish it of though, those sheets are far to white to have ever caught projectile vomit. ;)
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,905
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/ec39d706r4v39b3/0804_Dacey_Mormont.jpg


    Dacey Mormont from Game of Thrones
    Head, mace and shield from Ultimate Macy, body and helmet from Ultimate Aaron.
    Bear is the Mormont sigil, I hope to get a shield from Frightening Knight.

    I am amused by using kids fantasy parts to MOC an adult fantasy character.

    catwrangler
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @vitreolum That is wonderful. I love the Samhain skull and the fingerless gloves are genius!
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    vitreolum said:
    Danzig Bust
    Glenn Danzig right?
    vitreolum
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,166
    ^ Motha!
    The_Mad_Vulcan
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,905
    Finally built seating for #41105 Pop Star Show Stage (and it would work for other crowd venues since I was unwilling or unable to use that many pastels)

    http://www.mediafire.com/view/xz8e32mk500b850/1602_Heartlake_Arena.jpg

    Seat closeups

    Building instructions

    [All plates white]

    -Side section (x2)-
    Front row: 2 2x10 plate with brown seats at 4/5,8/9,12/13,16/17, 2x2 blue gray tile at 10/11
    Back row: 2 2x10 plate with blue or black seats at 2/3,18/19 and brown seats at 6/7,10/11,14/15
    Rows connected by 5 2x6 plate, left and right have a 2x2 plate in the middle
    Lower supports: 2 2x2 plate at the back of each 2x6 and the front of the left and right 2x6's, 2 purple 2x2 and 2 white 2x3 at back, 2x3 curve to 2x2 top at front - 2 purple, 2 dark gray
    Back row supports: 2 2x10 plate - blue gray 2x2 tile in middle, white 2x3's next to middle, white 1x2 and 2x2 slope at each edge, purple 2x2's next to edge bricks

    -Center section-
    Front row - 2 2x8 plates with yellow seats at 4/5,8/9,12/13
    Back row - 2 2x8 plates with light gray seats at 2/3,14/15 and white seats at 6/7,10/11
    Rows connected by 5 2x6 plate, left and right have a 2x2 plate in the middle
    Lower supports: 2 2x2 plate at the front and back of left and right 2x6's, 2 purple 2x2 at back, 2 light gray 2x3 curve to 2x2 top at front
    Back row supports: 2x6 plate, 2x4 plate, 2x6 plate - purple 2x2 in middle, blue gray 2x2 tiles next to middle, white 1x2 and 2x2 slope at each edge, white 2x3's next to edge bricks

    -Total (150)-
    42 2x2 white plate, 25 seats (14 brown, 3 yellow, 2 white, 2 light gray, 2 black, 2 blue), 17 2x6 white plate, 12 2x10 white plate, 11 purple 2x2, 10 white 2x3, 10 2x3 curve to 2x2 top (4 purple, 4 dark gray, 2 light gray), 7 2x2 blue gray tile, 6 white 2x2 slope, 6 white 1x2, 4 2x8 white plate, 1 2x4 white plate


    DaraghAllBrick
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,905
    Also made knights for my chess set - 2x3 curve to 2x2 top for the horse head, a 2x2 above that and 2 2x2 below.
  • hyunsupark9999hyunsupark9999 .Member Posts: 11
    AdzbadboysnowhitieAllBricktallblocktoo
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    ^ Lovely use of Selma's hair as a cushion coral / sea urchin?
    eanaircatwranglervitreolum
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    "Call me Ishmael"  Oh my, that is a fabulous one @vitreolum.

    vitreolumSumoLego
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    ^ Very good MOC. 
    Gandalf and Eomer about to crash into the Uruk-hai of the White Hand. 
    You just need a few more Uruk-hai to convey the scale of that army compared to the defenders.
    Or maybe get creative with Paint or Photoshop to add a few more... 
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    ^ LOL. Peeing in the tree. :)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,271
    Venunder said:
    ^ Very good MOC. 
    Gandalf and Eomer about to crash into the Uruk-hai of the White Hand. 
    You just need a few more Uruk-hai to convey the scale of that army compared to the defenders.
    Or maybe get creative with Paint or Photoshop to add a few more... 
    @Venunder - I completely agree. Unfortunately, I lacked space to make that happen so I decided to make it on a very small scale. I actually have over 1,000 Uruk-Hai and a lot more Rohirrim (as well as a very large Helm's Deep WIP)... so a much larger scene, one that would make us both more content with its accuracy, is definitely coming one day.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Giger Fun
    ricecakecatwranglerGothamConstructionCoAllBrickTechnicNickbinaryeye
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    ^great use of the neckerchiefs! Always so impressed with your using elements for something else. Thanks for sharing!
    SalamalexRsa33
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,905
    Dacey Mormont, now with the shield and mace from Frightening Knight
    A bear, as in the shield, is the Mormont sigil. As long as I had the CMF, the actual mace looked better than a mace built out of other parts.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/ec39d706r4v39b3/0804_Dacey_Mormont.jpg


    catwrangler
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    vitreolum said:
    Dirty Dancing
    Don't put this in a corner.
    vitreolumsnowhitiericecakeSumoLego
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    edited April 2016
    Not 100% happy with this but seeing how this was my first modular MOC and only using the bricks I had on-hand, I think it was a successful proof-of-concept for me.

    [img] https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1648/26292466252_9832b79003_b.jpg [/img]

    [img] https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1520/25782065183_0efb2b1ccc_b.jpg [/img]

    edit: what am I doing wrong in trying to have the image load in the post?
    AllBricksnowhitieThe_Mad_Vulcantallblocktoo
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Poisso3 said:
    Not 100% happy with this but seeing how this was my first modular MOC and only using the bricks I had on-hand, I think it was a successful proof-of-concept for me.

    [img] https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1648/26292466252_9832b79003_b.jpg [/img]

    [img] https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1520/25782065183_0efb2b1ccc_b.jpg [/img]

    edit: what am I doing wrong in trying to have the image load in the post?
    I always just click the little icon that looks like a page with the corner folded over - you can either choose an image from your computer or put in the URL if you've got it uploaded to Imgur or something like it, and then it should just show up. 
    Poisso3
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    I always just click the little icon that looks like a page with the corner folded over - you can either choose an image from your computer or put in the URL if you've got it uploaded to Imgur or something like it, and then it should just show up. 
    I never noticed that icon. shows how often i post a pic on here. thanks for pointing that out.
    catwrangler
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    len_d69 said:
    Here's my recent MOC that's currently in LEGO Ideas - Voltron :)
    Very cool! Please post a link in the LEGO Ideas thread and I'll support it :)
  • BigHBigH Liverpool UKMember Posts: 79
  • BigHBigH Liverpool UKMember Posts: 79
    Not really a MOC, just an upgrade, and not finished yet!
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    edited April 2016
    len_d69 said:
    Here's my recent MOC that's currently in LEGO Ideas - Voltron :)











    I really like and supported this.  I hope it gets to 10000.  However given the amount of bricks I doubt it will ever be produced by Lego.  I would buy one for up to $299 though.
    BrickDancerlen_d69
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    ^I'd buy one for more than that!

    Just needs the individual weapons for the lions. 
    len_d69
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    I was never into Voltron, but it looks very well designed.  Are they actually brick-built? 
    len_d69
  • len_d69len_d69 MalaysiaMember Posts: 3
    I was never into Voltron, but it looks very well designed.  Are they actually brick-built? 
    Thanks, yes standard Lego bricks :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.