The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    Chrisbstm said:
    @Adzbadboy nice, are those the turbines from that new Spider-Man set?
    Thanks @Chrisbstm Yes, they are currently only in the '76036 Carnage's Shield Sky Attack' which contain two per set.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Mecha
    ricecakecrazycarlVorpalRyuvitreolumTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoAndorTheBigLegoskisnowhitie
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,827
    @Adzbadboy I am surprise Lego chose not to put a helicarrier poly out instead of rehashing the Quinjet. Nice job filling the gap
    AdzbadboyVorpalRyu
  • Bob123Bob123 Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2015
    Destiny Old Russia.
    Link to my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/huntererickson/

thedaveyboyvitreolumrancorbaitGothamConstructionCoBumblepantsElunematticus_bricksGalactussnowhitie
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    640?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Tip: Use the flash, should work well in daylight when the sun is behind the subject.
    J Jonah Jameson's Office - 8x8 Vignette

J Jonah Jamesons Office - 8x8 Vignette

J Jonah Jamesons Office - 8x8 Vignette

Get Me Pictures Of Spider-Man

"Get Me Pictures Of Spider-Man!"
    VorpalRyuChrisbstmsnowhitie
    Destiny Moon Creation.
    rancorbaitBumblepantsmatticus_bricksChrisbstmsnowhitie
  • stustaffstustaff ukMember Posts: 50
    edited June 2015
    Bought a PAB cup this week but still in the hotel so can't really use them as intended yet.
    so last night had a little play creating some robots and sea vehicles.

JennirancorbaitAndorChrisbstmOmastarsnowhitie
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    @samiam391. Wow! That is a really nice Uruk-hai Army.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    ^The real question, though, is is it...an army worthy of Mordor?
    AndorOmastar
    edited June 2015
    Glozon

Don't be fooled, this Mixels MAX can see you which ever way he is facing you, so don't think you can get away that easily.

Glozon

Glozon
    binaryeyeVorpalRyuAanchirChrisbstmsnowhitie
    edited June 2015
    "You Tried To Hide Your Suit From Me, Now It's Gonna Blow Up In Your Face!" - Yellowjacket "You Tried To Hide Your Suit From Me, Now It's Gonna Blow Up In Your Face!" - Yellowjacket Yellowjacket's Mechanical Harness
    ChrisbstmOmastarMynatt
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,360
    edited June 2015
    With all the Dino excitement going around right now I felt inspired to revisit an old MOC and update the figures to be flesh toned as opposed to yellow. Also with the new JW vet torso I can finally give Maldoon a top he deserves, plus Baby Boba's top makes a nice sleeveless blue top for Elie matching her screen outfit quite well. Very happy with the overall look, although karkie shorts are more acurate for people, but since lego doesn't make those with flesh sections these will have to do for now - Hope the link works, quite frankly i am stumped as to how to load images up at the momment (user error i am sure) https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/18777052499/in/dateposted-public/
    GalactusZeldaTheSwordsmansnowhitie
    Just to keep sharing i am also most of the way through a Justice Leauge Dark, House of Mystery Build, this one is fiddly but coming along nicely: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/18777051429/in/dateposted-public/ & https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/18775562180/in/dateposted-public/
    Chrisbstm
    iccarus said:
    A classic Pirates inspired layout I did for Brickworld. Sadly, I ran out of time to MOC a ship, so I had to sub in my BSB.
    A BSB is a great ship and in no way a poor substitute! ;-)
    BuriedinBricksOmastar
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @plasmodium - I would agree, based on the amount of adults saying "I had that!" Still, I was really hoping to have my own for the event. Next year.

Also, just in case the DeLorean on top of the hill confuses anyone, the theme of BW this year was "Brick to the Future." So, we slipped a ton of little time travel easter eggs into our builds.
    plasmodiumOmastar
    Wow. Didn't even notice the DeLorean... Shows how observant I am...
    Omastar
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    edited June 2015
    iccarus said:
    @plasmodium - I would agree, based on the amount of adults saying "I had that!"
    At least you weren't dealing with kids saying "I had that!" about something you HAD designed yourself! I've dealt with a lot of that with the various MOCs I've shown at conventions, like the Atlantis submarine my brother and I built from most of our Atlantis sets four years ago.

Anyway, now that the Inside Tour is over for this year, I've been sharing the Bionicle MOC I built that won first prize in the design competition for the tour I was in! It's called "The Great Mask Tournament", and you can read about it on Tumblr (which I just joined recently). It's the first Bionicle MOC to ever win first prize as long as they've been doing the Inside Tour!

JennibinaryeyeOmastarsnowhitie
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2015
    I saw this on Flickr the other day...very impressive:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/18638877862/

BuzzsawBrickDancerGothamConstructionCoOmastarzipsforbananassnowhitie
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    edited June 2015
    iccarus said:
    A classic Pirates inspired layout I did for Brickworld. Sadly, I ran out of time to MOC a ship, so I had to sub in my BSB.
    First  thing I thought when I saw the DeLorean: it's never going to get off that island again; no room to take a run-up to 88 mph.

Really nice MOC by the way. I like the waterfall bit in particular. 
    OmastarBuriedinBricks
    vitreolum said:
    Built for a SW cross theme contest. No cantina this time. :)) None Shall Pass
    Is that white/gray stone a LEGO piece or an actual stone?
    Chrisbstmsnowhitie
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited June 2015
    Galactus said:
    vitreolum said:
    Built for a SW cross theme contest. No cantina this time. :)) None Shall Pass
    Is that white/gray stone a LEGO piece or an actual stone?
    it's a lego hairpiece, Gandalfs hair I belive
    ^ I see it now. It had me fooled  :smiley: 
    edited June 2015
    AMC Movie Talk Studio - 8x8 Vignette
    AMC Movie Talk Studio - 8x8 Vignette
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @Galactus It's in BTF2 mode, so hover conversion is ready to go. Just need to feed Mr. Fusion ;)

The waterfall was fun to build. It was the first time I've tried doing one with the 1x1 round and 1x2 plates. The effect was cool, although several kids commented that it kind of looked like the skull was "throwing up" the water. I'll get there. I've made tons of improvement on my terrain work in the past year. Just need to practice with water a little more.
    iccarus said:
    The waterfall was fun to build. It was the first time I've tried doing one with the 1x1 round and 1x2 plates. The effect was cool, although several kids commented that it kind of looked like the skull was "throwing up" the water. I'll get there. I've made tons of improvement on my terrain work in the past year. Just need to practice with water a little more.
    To me it's just like the water comes rushing out in a clean beam. Perhaps a bit too clean, but not by much in my opinion.
    The Brick Show - Stephen's Studio

The Brick Show - Stephens Studio
    rdflegoChrisbstmGothamConstructionCored237
    The Brick Show - Jason's Studio

The Brick Show - Jasons Studio
    The second MOC I have finished , and just for giggles I think I will throw it up on on the Lego Idea site, is the DC based Property 'The House of Mystery' set I have been designing for a few months now to go with the Justice League Dark figures I created a while back.

the set is low on features, there is internal decoration with a couple of hidden compartments and a plant area for the Swamp Thing to relax in, but mainly it is the shape and character of the building itself that stand out. This reall you a so a tricky MOC and keeping it interesting and scaled with other SuperHero buildings was a challenge. Overall I think it works well and I haven't seen any other attempts at this building, so for that reason alone I am happy with how this has turned out.

Wicksy80BumblepantsChrisbstmcozyGothamConstructionCoTheBigLegoskisnowhitie
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,216
    ^I'd love for LEGO to do a JLD based set, if only so I can get some of the DC minifigures that I'd love to see made. That one's pretty good for a system scale one too, about the right sort of size to be a real set.
  • JumpmonkeyJumpmonkey PennsylvaniaMember Posts: 1
    After a long time away from Lego Mixels brought me back... like some kind of plastic, interlocking, gateway drug. It's like lego suddenly started manufacturing the pieces I'd dreamed of in my childhood. Anyhow, now I'm waiting for a pile of bricks from Brick Owl. Much inspired by the beautiful work here.

Jennisnowhitie
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Just started putting pieces together trying to think of something to make and came up with this:

I wish I could come up with something awesome like the stuff I see on here and Flickr all the time... ><
    VorpalRyuGothamConstructionCozipsforbananasChrisbstmEluneJennisnowhitie
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    @Vindic8ed, its a pretty cool pirates diorama...
    xiahna
    edited July 2015
    LEGO Modular Building - Brand Store - Entrance (WIP)

LEGO Modular Building - Brand Store - Entrance WIP

LEGO Brand Store (WIP)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157646319243991
    GothamConstructionCoChrisbstm
  • ZeldaTheSwordsmanZeldaTheSwordsman Member Posts: 6
    I actually broke this up for parts a couple of years ago, but I have a halfway-decent photo so I figured I'd show it anyway: one of the Jurassic Park "Park Drive" customized Ford Explorers.

The construction paper decals weren't the prettiest even before they faded, but they at least kinda got the point across. And this thing could seat 4 minifigures. I wish I'd gotten photos of the gate and Jeep before I broke them up, but oh well. They weren't nearly as good as monkey_roo's.
    Chrisbstm
    edited July 2015
    Happy 4th of July for those who celebrate it. 
    Link to my Flickr 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/huntererickson/18805592349/
    ChrisbstmZeldaTheSwordsmanTheBigLegoskisnowhitie