Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,442
    Thanks @GothamConstructionCo‌ :-D it was literally just a fiddling around with the parts to hand kind of build. I can see the SR-71 comparison, perhaps not rounded enough but there's a passing similarity.
    GothamConstructionCoAndor
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944
    Very simple and a little cartoonish/exaggerated, but I quite like it. It looks a little Batman-esque.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 725
    @vitreolum - your scene had me at "face-down-drinking-guy"
    vitreolumStuBoy
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392

Type A2 Assassin Drone

Is that paint on that shield???!!! Purists will be FURIOUS!!!!! ;->
    rancorbait
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,442
    ^stickers, look close you can see an outline
    rancorbait
    I see it im just messing around. I dont shy away from using paint and Kragle on occasion.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I would never paint my LEGO! ;)
    Andor
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I built this recently, based on a mix of a Piaggio Ape and the three wheeler from #76026.
    brickedinzipsforbananasrancorbaitDaraghTechnicNickbluedragonThe_Mad_Vulcan
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    crazycarl said:

I know it's been answered and it was only said in jest, but it gives me a chance to ask something I've been wanting to for aaaaages!
    @rancorbait‌, where do you get all these stickers from? I assume you've got some way to custom print them, or do you just endlessly buy cool looking sticker sheets from somewhere?
    chuckp

crazycarl said:

I know it's been answered and it was only said in jest, but it gives me a chance to ask something I've been wanting to for aaaaages!
    @rancorbait‌, where do you get all these stickers from? I assume you've got some way to custom print them, or do you just endlessly buy cool looking sticker sheets from somewhere?
    @zipsforbananas - I buy them from Bricklink. I placed several order a few months ago and I'm still using those. Those particular stickers are from this, this, and this. If you're careful you can salvage applied stickers too :)
    chuckp
    Doh! I should have recognised the bits from the GotG set! That last one looks amazing for picking bits out here and there as you need them for MOCs, I guess you develop a knack of knowing which sticker sheets are good. :)

Doh! I should have recognised the bits from the GotG set! That last one looks amazing for picking bits out here and there as you need them for MOCs, I guess you develop a knack of knowing which sticker sheets are good. :)

Yup, Exo-force sheets are great for Sci-fi MOCs :)
    zipsforbananas
    edited January 2015
    Inspired by @vitreolum‌'s awesome little chibi rendition (and when I say inspired by, I mean I tried to copy it in LDD and made a few changes, intentionally hinge in the neck to elevate the head, but mainly where I couldn't figure out what he'd done!), I've mocked up this attempt at a chibi Serenity, with the stand mimicking the stand on the QMX model I got for Christmas.
    Sorry for the pants picture, I wouldn't know where to start with rendering so I just took a screenshot with the stock background. I'll post proper pics when I've Bricklinked the bits I need and made the real thing.

(The torso and face are the closest I could find, and the floating clip is one vitreolum had on the clip where the neck joins the head, I couldn't get it to fit there on LDD but I've kept it in for the sake of ordering all the pieces.)
    rancorbaitvitreolum
    Nice! I've wanted to build this thing for a while, only a bit bigger though ;)
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Built this excavator over the weekend. Does anyone have a better design for the arm and the rams? My issue is that the arms look too rectangular but want to keep to minifig scale.
    rancorbaitcrazycarlTechnicNickGothamConstructionCo
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    That is amazing.
    rancorbait
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Ive no idea what it is

Ive no idea what it is

...but it's cool. Looks pretty alien-ish.
    Andorrancorbait
    I can see the beginnings of an airspeeder in there, looks to me like it's become some kind of mutant alien venomous mouse that'll suck your flesh if you let it get too close!
    rancorbait
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    I was thinking it might be a space squid of some kind. Whatever it is, I like it!
    rancorbaitAndor

I can see the beginnings of an airspeeder in there, looks to me like it's become some kind of mutant alien venomous mouse that'll suck your flesh if you let it get too close!

Yes! Alien mouse-leech :D

I was thinking it might be a space squid of some kind. Whatever it is, I like it!

Yup, that's the idea.
    zipsforbananasAndor

Yes! Alien mouse-leech :D

When he said "mouse", I was thinking computer mouse...have you ever seen those gaming mice that have umpteen buttons? They always look really ugly, but this...with this you could start a design revolution...:-P
    zipsforbananasAndor
    Psyence said:

Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder MOC

Very nice! The front end is particularly well-done :)
    Andor
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    @Psyence Very nice work on the land speeder. When I saw the thumbnail image I thought it was a pic of a new Kenner toy. The detail is impressive.

@rancorbait The Droneuary drones are amazing, love seeing them pop up on my Flickr feed. In addition to just looking cool, there's some nice part usage happening there. Well done!
    rancorbaitPsyencezipsforbananasAndor
    chuckp said:

@rancorbait The Droneuary drones are amazing, love seeing them pop up on my Flickr feed. In addition to just looking cool, there's some nice part usage happening there. Well done!

Thank you :)
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ Seriously, now you're just showing off! :)
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
    chuckp said:

^ Seriously, now you're just showing off! :)

LOL.

This thing has been sitting in LDD for months. My first WIP pic, from October 20th!: [WIP] District 9 Exo-suit
    So when I saw it again last night I figured I should finish it up :)
    chuckpAndor
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Bit of an update and I've added a proper base:

Bifur V2

@goldmanmike I have added the pictures, hope they help.
    goldmanmikeAndor
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 845
    edited January 2015
    Psyence said:

Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder MOC

We have a winner!
    I've had this thing sitting in LDD for while now, and I figured I should give it a render. I probably won't ever get around to actually building it, but if anyone else would like to you're welcome to the LXF file.

GARC
    CapnRex101GothamConstructionCoDaraghTechnicNickAndor
    edited January 2015
    Five Bricklink orders later and here, with HUUUUGE props to @vitreolum (because I made this trying to copy his awesome MOC and the central section, wings, cockpit, neck (minus the hinge mod) and beginning of the tail section, even the minifigure, are practically entirely his) is "my" Firefly MOC.
    I can at least claim some originality in the tail and stabilisers, and the stand that's modelled on the stand from the QMX replica I got for Christmas. Finding a way to put a hinge into the neck was a fun challenge too. @vitreolum, I hope you appreciate this, I very much intend my imitation to be the highest form of flattery!

Here it is next to the "real thing"

With alternate tail pieces for a full burn

The only part I can really claim credit for close up

And the bit I'm maybe a bit too pleased about: the storage for the alternate parts built into the stand!
    rancorbaitJenniBumblepantsvitreolumGothamConstructionCocrazycarlchuckpLostInTranslationAndor
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    @zipsforbananas Nice, I like the changes you made to the back and the inclusion of the tail(?) bits I left out. Need to add those to mine as well. Same with the back of the wings, I wanted to use the same part but I only had one.
    zipsforbananasAndor
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    ^^ Toy store? Hobby shop? Are the walls really red and blue stripes? Looks like a fun place to work! (My cubicle isn't nearly as interesting)
    NatebwAndor
    ^^^&^ I'm thinking opticians.
    Natebwklatu003
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    edited January 2015
    @ecmo47‌ @zipsforbananas‌ Yes, I am a pediatric optometrist. So I get to Lego at work. That patients love it. :) The walls aren't really red and blue stripes, but they are colorful. This was sort of a prototype for a full office.
    I'm trying to imagine the glasses you'd fit Admiral Ackbar with, side facing eyes and all. Maybe contact lenses would be better! :P
    NatebwGalactusLostInTranslationAndor
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    ^ Yep. That is why he's there. :)
    LostInTranslation
    ^^^^interesting use of brown frogs!
    ^^The candle took me a few moments, I love how the parts of the Technic pin look so naturally like running wax drops!
    Andor
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    ^ At first, I thought you were referring to the gray part. It took me a second to realize what that was.

My favorite part is the chairs in the bookshelf. I don't think I've ever seen that piece used like that.