Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,476
    edited August 2014
    Just a silly little Chima themed racer with Rogon behind the wheel that I built with my son this evening.
    rancorbaitbobabricksvitreolumcarlqShibChrisbstmjadedanc
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I'm about done with my EN craze. Here is an observation car for the end. I havent run a BOM yet so am not sure how many unobtainable parts it has. It's just begging for an Abe Lincoln mini-fig.
    vitreolumBumblepantsbobabricksChrisbstmcarlqTechnicNick
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    The Spanking Troll Tavern

(Goh) The Spanking Troll Tavern
    binaryeyeShibbobabricksChrisbstmAdeelZubaircarlqTechnicNickGalactus
  • OrsiusOrsius Member Posts: 7
    The Tomb of the White Knight, I just came back to LEGO and bought a bucket of pieces. This is what I built today.

Tomb

It's sitting on my instructions for Benny's SPACESHIP, which was really fun to put together.
    bobabricksChrisbstmcarlq
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I had to redo the back end as there is no reddish brown 2x2 macaroni piece that I used in the original design. The 2x6x1 curved top arch (6183) works better anyway. The arch also allowed me a place for a drumhead which was a common feature on observation cars. I played around with the window arrangement since the 1x4x3 Tan window frames (6556) run over $8.00 each. It looks pretty good with 3 per side if you want to save a couple bucks.
    bobabricksChrisbstmjadedanccarlq
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    @vitreolum Nice classic space helemet on the lamp. ;) Why is Gordon in there, I see him. :P
    He's the only cop I have in my collection. :))
    bobabricks
    That is surprising, you got pieces to use and minifigures coming out of your ears but you have NO cops, hm. :P
    Who the hell need cops with all the superheros I have in my collection? :))
    Shibbobabrickscarlq
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    What happened to that poor guy's legs? And that is a very nice brick-built Rhino!
    bobabricks
    Just a rather weak kneeling pose attempt. Looks more like the Rhino already had his way with him though.
    bobabricks
    I think the kneeling pose looks pretty good, @vitreolum just needs some clay or something to fill in his missing thy. :)
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    ^ "The feet-friendly play-doh lego had its drawbacks."
    :oD
    bobabrickscarlqJenni
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 154
    Rebuilt my two Cloud Cuckoo Palaces into one large one.
    BumblepantsjadedancvitreolumcarlqbluedragonChrisbstmJenniricecakeGothamConstructionCo
    Somebody needs to build the dog head if it hasn't been done yet...
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,338
    That wolf is better than the legends beast one.
    flowerpotgirlbobabricks
    Thanks, although it's easier for me than a lego designer, I can make it as fragile as I like. :)
    bobabricksGothamConstructionCo
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,656
    edited August 2014
    Electro-Cute!
    Electro-Cute!
    carlqChrisbstmbobabricksvitreolumrancorbaitGothamConstructionCoTechnicNick
  • jackybrickjackybrick Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2014
    I've noticed that some of you have posted here your MOCs from the Neo Classical Space Contest, so I decided to do the same (at least for those who haven't seen them yet). I'll just post the links here:
    Neo-Classical Space Mech SH-96

Mission 29-07-14: Exploration of the Uncharted Surface

NCS Raptor-Bot 3000

Yup, that was a great contest, I am looking forward for the third Mixels one in September!
    I found some images of my older (built over an year ago) MOCs, so I decided to post them here as well. But sorry for the photo quality (those days, I didn’t mind that I will actually post them somewhere, they were for my personal purpose only).
    So, the first one is sort of desert racing (Rally Dakar, maybe :-P) scene/vignette...

cozyrancorbaitbobabrickslegomattvitreolumChrisbstm
    ... and the second one is actually more of a life-sized build. It is intended to be a short sword, actually I wanted it to be a Sting (LOTR again, you know :-P), but it is rather based on my fantasy than on the movie trilogy...

So I hope you like them both. :-)
    rancorbaitbobabricksChrisbstmAndor
    LEGO Minecraft - Survival Pack
    LEGO Minecraft - Survival Pack
    bobabricksjackybrickrancorbaitcarlq
    LEGO Minecraft- Lava Bucket Challenge! XD

(This was my brother’s idea and I realised it in LEGO form :-D )
    rancorbaitcarlq
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    ^ Exquisite... and THAT roof! Great build.
    Thanks Nick and Ranc.
    TechnicNick
    edited August 2014

@vitreolum - I love how you used that microfigure in the wall :o)

And now i've experienced a lego version of 'where's wally'. :oP (And there's more than one!).
    vitreolum said:

Thanks Nick and Ranc.

That sounds like a review site for the light-fingered. ;oD
    carlqbobabricks
    LEGO Minecraft, Micro World - Survival Pack:
    LEGO Minecraft, Micro World - Survival Pack
    bobabricks
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @vitreolum - I was very tempted to post this MOC and claim it as my own, seeing as you haven't posted it here yet... :oP

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreolum/14889315027/in/contacts/
    Haha, I didn't post that as I didn't think it's worth it and will probably use those trees in a future build. Here you go: :)

(Goh 3) Making Camp
    AdeelZubaircarlqlegomattbobabricksChrisbstmGothamConstructionCoBJ21ENDfilmsNatebw
    ^ Yep, i totally see what you're saying. There's really quite an interesting effect happening from the space below the coverage of the canopy, it creates an illusion of much greater depth, and yet... there isn't any brickwork beyond the two limbs.

The eye is drawn into the gap below the tree line (behaving like a picture frame), and then extrapolates that greenery to a point much further beyond.

There's a very useful lesson here, to be mindful of space - sometimes it's the space that does the building. Very useful for anyone trying to create a dense forest. Lots of bricks, branches, and trunks might actually flatten the illusion, whereas a few carefully positioned branches and leaves will deepen it.

Fascinating.

Thanks for posting @vitreolum
    bobabricksBuzzsawcarlqGothamConstructionCoBJ21
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    legomatt said:

There's a very useful lesson here, to be mindful of space

Isn't that what Master Yoda said? No, wait...

Seriously, though, I like the depth to it, like Legomatt said. Just out of interest, is it just me or does the tree to the left have a big ol' mouth with spiky teeth in it?
    Thanks Matt. I believe the shadows and the bush placed back there help that illusion somewhat.

@plasmodium No mouth there, just an attempt to make a split tree.
    Really unique build there, haven't seen any house built that way. The interior detail is insane. And I absolutely love that round bush.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,429
    @TechnicNick - that's probably THE most impressive Lego creation I've seen. The detail is amazing. The scale probably helps you fit everything in there.

I've been wondering lately is someone should introduce a midifigure... in between micro and mini for a modular setting. Modular buildings are great but creating a city display with them is kinda tough since they take up quite a bit of space. Not everyone has a Lego room. :-)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,288
    Absolutely great model @TechnicNick, I saw it on TBB this morning and was impressed. Little did I know that you had made it!

That makes three members whose models have appeared on TBB since the start of the thread, @TechnicNick‌ @vitreolum‌ and @rancorbait :o)
    rancorbaitTechnicNickGothamConstructionColegomatt
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277

@TechnicNick - that's probably THE most impressive Lego creation I've seen. The detail is amazing. The scale probably helps you fit everything in there.

Thanks @Bosstone100. Yep, that's why I like building big! I don't have a dedicated lego room either, much as I'd love the attic of that house :-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Just finished designing my latest modular. Just over 2000 of the ~2500 parts I had in my inventory and with a few modifications was able to order the remaining in 3 orders so building should commence in a week or so. Picture with my Red Grocer and one of my other modulars for comparison.

vitreolumBumblepantscarlqlegomattDaragh
    Forgot to take a new picture after the small modifications. Dropped a few details for parts not available and the gold tile on the sides of the walls on the first floor were bugging me as being too busy.

jadedanc
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    ^Love that roof #graphite
    ^ Thanks. It took the longest out of all of it and was the second major part I did. I had started with the 2nd floor windows and built up. First time I've started somewhere other than the ground. When it started out it was sort of supposed to follow more of a pattern across it but it became a little more random. But I liked how it turned out. Should be an interesting build.
    this is NOT me but I think this guy does amazing stuff. I found him through his BrickLink store after ordering there. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157600312881580/
    legomatt