Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What minifigures would you like to see done with short sleeves and trousers?

SapmiSatanSapmiSatan Member Posts: 106
edited April 2014 in Everything else LEGO
Minifigures I'd like to see made using the new technique used on the "Simpsons" minifigures to make short sleeves and shorts with shoes;

Robin the Boy Wonder with green sleeves, bare arms, green gloves and green shorts with matching boots.

Captain America with the lower part of his arms white.

Wolverine with dark blue sleeves.

This is off the top of my head, I'm sure there are other good ideas out there.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Gordon Gecko with his shirt sleeves rolled up.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Considering that they've been printing arms for a while now, it's funny that it's taken a licensed theme to have printed 'short sleeves'. I guess it just hasn't been necessary, or has been an unecessary cost, with minifigs instead just making do with long sleeves or bare arms.

The printed short legs in the Simpsons CMF range is more of an excitement as I think this is the first time we've seen printed short legs. This has also got to be one of the pro's of the Simpsons characters being yellow - that the parts are system compatible (once you've ditched the giant heads...)

As for what I'd like? Any short sleeved torso. Maybe a hawaiian shirt CMF guy?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    andhe said:

Considering that they've been printing arms for a while now, it's funny that it's taken a licensed theme to have printed 'short sleeves'.

The arms and legs on The Simpsons minifigures aren't printed; they're molded with two different colors of plastic. It's possible that, until recently, the process to achieve this wasn't possible or was cost-prohibitive.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Printed short sleeves wouldn't look right, as they cannot print all the way round.

Although that said, "skirt" style printing only goes on the front and sometimes the sides of the legs, leaving their rears unprinted.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    As @binaryeye said, The Simpsons minifigs sleeves and short pants are NOT printed. The secondary color is moulded into the plastic. This is actually not the first time LEGO has done this as they have been experimenting with two-tone weapons for some time now (starting with the Prince of Persia short dagger). I would love to see this technology used more on minifigs and minifig accessories. It is especially nice on elements that get a lot of handling (like the legs and arms of minifigs, handles of minifigure accessories, etc.) because this means the color won't rub off! :D
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Would totally love to see ANY more short-sleeved shirts in ANY colour.