Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Inconsistency of forum timestamps, why?

TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
I'm fully aware that there was problems accessing the forum for about two hours from about 2pm to 4pm BST. Now it seems that the forum timestamps are random, hardly anything I've written in PM's has had the correct timestamp since I've managed to regain full access to the forum without getting Error 503's, HTTP500 errors and service temporarily unavailable banners which I was getting during the stated times.

I have to wonder: has the forum been hacked or something? I know it's not just me, @CapnRex101 and @rancorbait have reported the same problems and our PM's are all over the place. I've noticed it's happening in the main forum too, for example the Pirates 2015 discussion was started at 4:11pm and the first reply was stamped 4:07pm.

Anyone got any clue as to what is happening?

Apologies if this isn't the right thing to post about, mods.

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    The messages seem to be stuck in a 10 mucircular pattern.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,458
    2:45 PM UTC RESOLVED
    The issue has been repaired, and we are investigating prevention methods.
    1:55 PM UTC INFO
    The problem has been traced to DNS. We're working on a solution.
    1:27 PM UTC MAJOR
    We're seeing instability across many of our clusters. We're currently investigating.

I haven't noticed any time anomalies but I'll keep an eye out.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

mucircular

What?!

I meant to say they seem to be stuck in a 10 minute circular pattern :o)
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I should also mention that threads aren't always being marked as read, even when using the "Mark all read" function. I forgot to mention that in the original post.