Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Movie - UK DVD release

darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
My brother visited HMV, and they have preorders for TLM. Release date is 21st July (or around that date). I'm waiting to see if there are any figures being given away with it first, before deciding where to get it from.

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    I'm still waiting on news of the Everything is Awesome edition in the UK.
    Adzbadboy
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I'm actually quite glad that it's a bit later than expected. Gives me more time to get a PS4, which happens to play Blu Rays. It's one of those films I really want to see in the best visual quality possible, due to how detailed it is and his many cool things there are in the film to build.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Wil348 said:

I'm actually quite glad that it's a bit later than expected. Gives me more time to get a PS4, which happens to play Blu Rays. It's one of those films I really want to see in the best visual quality possible, due to how detailed it is and his many cool things there are in the film to build.

A word of warning, neither the XBox One or Playstation 4 currently support 3D Bluray even though the older PS3 does. Both companies have failed to give any kind of estimate as to when they will introduce 3D Bluray support such that it gives the impression the answer may actually be "never". This isn't an issue if you don't want to watch in 3D of course, but I thought it's worth pointing out as I've known a number of people (including myself) buy these consoles only to exclaim "WTF?" when despite supposedly being the latest in cutting edge technology they shout "Not supported" at you when you stick a brand new 3D Bluray disc in.

If you primarily want a device to play Bluray discs then frankly the latest consoles are not a good option right now because support is pretty half-arsed. I still use my older PS3 downstairs, or my specific Bluray player upstairs if I want to play Blurays, the new systems I just use for games.

If it's mostly just a good Bluray player you're after then just save yourself £250 - £300 and buy a PS3 or just spend £50 and get a dedicated Bluray player. £350 - £450 is a lot to spend on systems that don't even support major Bluray functionality.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I'm getting a PS4 so I have a next gen console, but I also want to play Blu Rays. I was already aware that PS4 can't play 3D Blu Rays yet, but I also don't have a 3D TV, so I couldn't play them anyway. Thanks for the warning though. :)