Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Building a roll up garage door in LDD

I have been trying, without much luck to build a roll up style garage door using the LDD with the extended features. It refuses to let me put in the last slat of the door. If I put in all the slats, and then put on the horizontal slotted track brick, it won't allow that to snap into place. Strange. I am positive I am using the correct number of pieces, I've got the Fire Brigade door as a model.
If I leave off the top-most slat, then there is a gap, you can see through, after putting the parts to cover the top of the door. It's vexing!

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    Doesn't the last slat normally curve slightly around the track anyway? Try rotating the last slat a bit and then moving it into place.
  • talostalos Member Posts: 49
    Thanks, I tried that, and it worked! I had tried to rotate, but I first needed to take away the horizontal track parts, then eyeball how much to rotate the slate, it is much more than I thought it would have to be, much more I think than in real life. Here it is in the image....
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,189
    I really want to use LDD, but I know the last time I used it is takes a bit getting used to, and just did not have the time to mess around with it
    It can be very frustrating to get it to do certain things! I had to stop trying to fix this problem for a week or so, but am glad I got the information I needed to make it work. I think my building file was damaged too. I had to completely delete all the parts of the door on the left side and redo it, then it finally let me connect the parts like I was able to do in the second door frame file, in the smaller image. Strange!
    I also know now, once the parts are all assembled, at the tilted angle on the top slat of the door, I can rotate it back vertical, like I knew it should be able to do.
  • austinmoran12austinmoran12 everywhereMember Posts: 1
    So is there the ability to move the garage door up and down or is that not possible?