Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Got the #9493 for $34.99 at Target..... long story but they were out of the Tie Fighter that they were advertising at that price... couldn't issue a rain check for whatever reason so I asked if they would match another set that's $49.99 and that happened to be the price of the X-Wing..... add to that some other shopping that my wife was doing and we had an $8 from $80 coupon plus a coupon for a $10 gift card on purchase of $50 or more... so we calculated the percentages and after we divvied up the percentage discounts between rest of purchases and the X-Wing, we figured the X-Wing ran $27.11..... then add 5% red card discount.... which made it $25.76+ tax for a grand total of $27.76. After we walked out of the store my wife asked me how much is the X-Wing at the Lego store: I told her it runs $59.99..... so at the end of the day we walked out of the store paying $74.29, with a $10 gift card in hand which made our expenditure $64.29 which is less then X-Wing + tax at the Lego store...... I'm still trying to figure out how we got that lucky :)
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 86
    I found #8186 Street Extreme from the Racers series at Toys R Us today. It is a 2009 set and it scanned for $23.99. The RRP is $69.99. They must of dug up this set from some dark hole. My son will love it.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Picked up #7848 for just $26.32 including tax at TRU! Already had a couple but they had increased the price to $50. after we got ours for $40. each.
  • gordonfgordonf Banned Posts: 18
    THis happened a couple of months ago. Was at a yard sale and saw a 1552 Maesrk Truck and Trailer set. Being new to LEGO collecting, I had no idea what is was. After I checked it out and saw it was somewhat sought after, I sold it for a nice profit even though the box was torn, it had no instructions and about 20 pieces were missing. So I scour yard sales for sets. I haven't found any "keepers" for me, but I have managed to generate some cash to buy sets I want by reselling my finds
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 618
    I won #6690 Snorkel Pumper on the 'bay for $9; box and perfect instructions included. Set is complete with all the stickers in good condition and applied in the right places. I've always wanted this set since I was a kid, and the going rate for a copy in this condition is well above $9, so I'm happy!
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Yep, TRU must be cleaning house. I bought Power Miners' "Lavatraz" for $16.98 tonight. My first Power Miners set...
    Penkid11sidersdd
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    This isn't "great" necessarily, but I'll always take 35% off. Geonosian Cannon found at Kmart on sale for $13.04. Wasn't even a set I really wanted, but not a bad deal for the minifigs from my POV.
  • stegmancostegmanco Member Posts: 42
    I finally accounted for all the parts for an eBay deal on CMF 1-8 for $290 everything was there and in good order.
    Legoboy
  • neumannneumann Member Posts: 3
    2507 fire temple for 549dkk / EUR 73, new in box in a local shop.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    mrseatle said:

Yep, TRU must be cleaning house. I bought Power Miners' "Lavatraz" for $16.98 tonight. My first Power Miners set...

Nice score!
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 436
    neumann said:

My Fire Temple just arrived today at 55€ shipped. Got it from eBay. I like how in Spain there isn't that big volume of people looking for Lego.
  • neumannneumann Member Posts: 3
    legoprods said:

neumann said:

My Fire Temple just arrived today at 55€ shipped. Got it from eBay. I like how in Spain there isn't that big volume of people looking for Lego.
    That's a good price, mine was 50% off retail in Denmark which is the best I've found anywhere lately.

Also got a used 10174 with a few common parts missing for DKK 350 / EUR 47.
  • veedubguy83veedubguy83 Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2012
    Just picked up 3 Hobbit Sets, Goblin King battle ($62.99 US), Unexpected Gathering ($48.99 US) and Mirkwood Spiders ($20.99 US) @ my local Fred Meyer's, got them all for 30% off each with the 1 day coupon!!!
  • zjygkmattzjygkmatt Member Posts: 75
    Just found a mint 8036 Separatist shuttle for RRP of $30 in some toy store, and also the 7948 Outpost Attack for $20. There are some more Kingdom sets I have my eye on as well as some older SW ones.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    On my way home from the Chicago area for the Illinois LEGO Train show I stopped at a couple WMs and at one I found 3x #7597 Toy Story Train Chases ($40 each), 5x #4840 HP The Burrow ($47 each) and a $49 #7498 police station. Talked to one of the guys putting out more christmas stuff and he said they did a big inventory cleanup. They had 2 mangled box Hoth Wampa cave's for $20 and a Sparco Speeder as well as a bunch of Rebel battle packs for $9 but I have a bunch of those already that I got for <$6 so I left all that.
    sidersdd
  • cycoduckcycoduck Member Posts: 22
    Made an awesome trade, I think I came out even. Traded a sealed Authority special edition hardback comic, a small box of Marvel Essential trades and a small box of Deadpool comics for a Cloud City Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa minifigs. What do you think?
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,243
    cycoduck said:

Made an awesome trade, I think I came out even. Traded a sealed Authority special edition hardback comic, a small box of Marvel Essential trades and a small box of Deadpool comics for a Cloud City Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa minifigs. What do you think?

Most of this stuff isn't even LEGO so I don't know what to think.... You clearly believe you've snagged a good deal, however, so I've merged this with the "Brag..." thread.

;-)

andhe
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    At the moment I'm going through a deal where I should be getting Battle of Endor for £25
  • jpczjpcz Member Posts: 95
    i received my $87 Maersk Train NISB from TRU today. They allowed me to stack the 25off100 lego and 25off100 using TRU card. Thought that was a good deal, especially with the impending EOL of the set...
    Had to go back and get this.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    Completed a fantastic transaction right here on Brickset. Coutesy of a fellow Bricksetter, I managed to snag a used Cafe Corner (some minor common pieces missing), new Fire Brigade, new Grand Emporium and new Town Hall all for the fantastic price of £600 + 20 CMFs.

I couldn't be happier!
    mdellemanTheBrickLaddindigobox
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
    Picked up a Market Street and Town Plan Cinema for the grand total of $150! Very excited for these puppies to come in the mail :)
    mdelleman
  • TockoTocko Member Posts: 24
    Found six #2509 for 17€ each and two #7939 for 15€ each at local grocery store.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    I lucked out and got a few Black Pearl for $55 each (after tax) at a Walmart. Most likely the last few with $50 tag anywhere in US
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited December 2012
    @samiam391 Market Street for < $150?!? O_o
    I got Vampyre Castle for $60 shipped and felt pretty good about it!
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    Would not call this a brag as such, but I've just managed to get #7659 for £25 :)
    LegoZombies
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 327
    Got these today....3 Lego mini-fig cases, 2 cases are missing the feet :(, & 8 different mint opened CMF's for £30.00.
    Well chuffed :)
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    edited December 2012
    was able to get the 4996 for about $20 (miss about 25 pieces) and a green grocer missing all the mini figures and the stroller for $90. I can't even believe when they give me the price and I rush over to the bank. Well, that is the 2nd one in the last six month on Craigslist and this is a better one compared to the first one I found.

also pick up 6 3661 from Target. about 21 each included tax and I keep one and the rest are shared with Friend and Colleagues!
    Sherlockbones
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    samiam391 said:

Purchased two large tubs of LEGO for $250... so far I've found pieces and sticker plates too:
    -10179 UCS Millennium Falcon
    -10188 Death Star
    -10143 Death Star II
    -8039 Venator

Continuing to sort and getting more and more excited! Love this part about LEGO.

DROOOOOLLLLLLL.....

I love days like that.. I have had a few good mystery boxes myself but none anywhere near as good as that!!!!!
    This time of year is killing me. Got Another Naboo Starfighter for $34.98 clearance and a Geonosian Starfighter for $14.98 clearance at Target. Some planet sets were also half off, etc. But I cant be spending all my money on me.
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    Not as good as the above with the UCS MF, but I bought this bulk lot off of Craiglist for $300. So far every set I've gone through has been complete including minifigs:) No boxes or instructions, but who cares at this price! I've identified 23 Lego Star Wars sets and 2 Bionicle sets so far.

10144 Sandcrawler
    6210 Jabba' Sail Barge
    6211 Star Destroyer
    7964 Republic Frigate
    10174 Imperial AT-ST
    7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
    6209 Slave I
    7258 Wookiee Attack
    6208 B-Wing Fighter
    7664 Tie Crawler
    7659 Imperial Shuttle
    7658 Y-Wing Fighter
    7259 ARC-170 Fighter
    7656 General Grievos Starfighter
    7251 Darth Vader Transformation
    6206 Tie Interceptor
    7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter with Vulture Droid
    4502 X-Wing Fighter
    8942 Jetrax T6
    7654 Droids Battle Pack
    6205 V-Wing Fighter
    4490 Republic Gunship

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,730
    ^That's a good deal for 10144 Sandcrawler and 6210 Jabba' Sail Barge alone.
    Did they throw in the sofas as well?
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    edited December 2012
    I got a new and sealed #6516 cheaply off eBay. What a trip down memory lane! It was a delight to build something so reminiscent of the classic Lego Space mooncars (#886, similar also in #926, #928 and #6970).

This is the vehicle of Lego Space. Not as clumsy or random as a Mega Core Magnetizer or a Vermin Vaporizer. A simple, elegant mooncar for a more civilized age...
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    I detest the Gamestop here in town - they have always been rude whenever I have shopped there.

I stopped in tonight on a whim to see if they had any Elrond polybags left. One of the guys checked in back and came out with one. I asked how much he wanted for it, and the response was that they couldn't sell it.

I then got lectured about how if I wanted one, I should have pre-ordered the Lord of the Rings game.

The guy standing next to him said, "If we can't sell it, can't we just give it to him then?"

And I walked out with my Elrond polybag :)

I take back everything bad I have ever said about Gamestop . . . for now. ;)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,059
    Ha Ha that last comment about gamestop is awesome! I recently bought The Hobbit King Battle for 89.99 from amazon, but then I saw it was discounted yesterday another 20% so I contacted them and they refunded me the difference! About 50 dollars for a 99.99 set! Wahoo!
  • sapereaudesapereaude Member Posts: 2
    I'm just getting into the game, but I had to brag on this one - found a number of lego friends advent calendars on clearance 50% off for $20 each :) I couldn't believe it as I was considering buying one for my daughter back in November (and paying ebay prices) and had never even seen them physically in stores!
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    I ordered about 6 Friends advent calenders from anazon.uk, delivered for about $16 each. Should have bought more, my daughter loves it
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    Was given 8964 (power miners titanium command rig) with box, one bag open, rest sealed and complete. Unused stickers aswell. Well chuffed!
    Just bought a new MTT still in sealed bags with box, a 10179 At-St and a jedi with booster ring for $60 incl postage! I am really starting to love gumtree AUS! :-)
    Sorry! 10174... Miss typed!
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 142
    just found my old #7140 set,bit dusty but I'm happy:)
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    finally got minecraft, but the order will not be in until after Christmas... retail price too!
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    Hooray my arkham asylum breakout set arrived :-)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    In a frenzy of unbridled comic book nostalgia i picked up three of the new TMNT sets today! At full price yet!
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Um.. Make that 4...
  • whizzardwhizzard Member Posts: 102
    Got the new City High Speed Chase set for £10 from Very using a discount code!
  • GeorgeGGeorgeG Member Posts: 7
    This afternoon I picked up the #8078 Portal of Atlantis from TKMaxx for £43.00, reduced from £81.99! Pretty good for set that retired just under a year ago. Good thing I went to buy Christmas presents Christmas Eve!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Got the #41003 with my [email protected] order even though the site said it would ship on 12/30.
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 327
    edited December 2012
    Whoops.. wrong thread
    My bad