Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 779

"May God Have Mercy On My Sole".

When Lego is on the floor, I'd sure hope He is. They can really hurt you feet, not just your sole :oP
  • stoneboistoneboi Member Posts: 42
    i hate this thread!! :P
    Nadana86
  • BrickbaseBrickbase Member Posts: 100
    During a visit to Poland, I stumbled on 19 bags of Series 1 C.M., 11 bags of Series 3 C.M. and the U.S.S. Constellation, the remake that was released in 2003. The boxes only have a slight bit of shelfwear.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    80 bucks on CL 100% complete with extra pieces!
    dino_girlFollowsClosely
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    ^ Wow.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Nope. Never happened. *deranged laughter trails off*
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Where at??
    Brickbase said:

During a visit to Poland, I stumbled on 19 bags of Series 1 C.M., 11 bags of Series 3 C.M. and the U.S.S. Constellation, the remake that was released in 2003. The boxes only have a slight bit of shelfwear.

A small toy store in Raciborz. Can't remember the name though, I have to check it.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Found a WM on my way home from visiting family that had like 6 9862 Podracers sets on clearance for $38.50 so I grabbed 2.
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    Wow - nice timing @graphite!!! I found the exact same at my WM during a lunchtime visit. They've been like $60 for WEEKS, and I've been waiting for another markdown. There was only 1 left, so I had to snag it. $38.50 for me also; I was never that interested in this particular set at RRP or even at $60 - but I like it a lot at $38.50!!!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,688
    I just got 9 sets of #9466 at £12 a go. I even left one on the shelf for little timmy.
  • acedogg77acedogg77 Member Posts: 110
    CCC said:

I just got 9 sets of #9466 at £12 a go. I even left one on the shelf for little timmy.

Wow, I'd seen a price tag in tescos for £18 in durham the other day but they had none left. Where was this at?

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    CCC said:

Form a que.........

York Tadcaster Road. They have precisely one left. If they had stocked multiples of three, little timmy would have missed out.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    What's that Timmy, can't find it? Have a look amongst the socks!
    andhe
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @CCC Are they available at £12 instead of the previously advertised £18? (When they were price matched and not 3 for 2)
    edited October 2012
    Nope, all accounted for.

Two for Xmas presents, four already sold to a mate locally, three for me. I didn't get any interest at all at £18, which I thought was a good price anyway for this set, so I assumed no-one here wanted them.

I could have held a couple back, but my mate wanted four. I dread to think what he is going to do with them, he has no kids.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I just bought a tub of 3 Harry Potter sets at a garage sale last week for $20. Graveyard Duel (4766), Harry and the Hungarian Horntail (4767) and The Durmstang Ship (4768). I was a little late getting there, another woman was holding 2 other tubs of Star Wars.
    The week before I found a 8877 Knights Kingdoms II Vladeks Dark Fortress new in/with box for $50.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited October 2012
    @scotty12 WOW!! Congrats! Hopefully I can eventually catch those sets too :)
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Early this year I picked up a bag of bricks at $2 from goodwill store near my work. It was Tantive iv. After building it, it was complete except two chairs and couple minor pieces. That's how I came out of my dark age. I've been scoring some other legos but it's hard to come by legos lately. Too many resellers are shopping at goodwill these days lol..

I still remember heart-breaking moment that I missed two large bin-ful of legos in a matter of 10 seconds at garage sale. The owner said she sold it at $75. I don't know what was included but she said it was ALL legos for his boys. It took couple of days to recover from that miss.
  • acedogg77acedogg77 Member Posts: 110
    kim43235 said:

I still remember heart-breaking moment that I missed two large bin-ful of legos in a matter of 10 seconds at garage sale. The owner said she sold it at $75. I don't know what was included but she said it was ALL legos for his boys. It took couple of days to recover from that miss.

It's a horrible feeling isnt it? that so close so far moment, I've been there at car boot sales a couple of times.
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2012
    Picked up today 2 nice sets on sale : 7326-1: Rise of the Sphinx and 7306-1: Golden Staff Guardians for only € 37,95
  • stegmancostegmanco Member Posts: 42
    Just got my minifigures series 1-8 all 128 mini figures going to take awhile to see if the $290 was worth it.
    ^ I'd say thats a good deal for all 8. I paid ~$300 just for 1-4 back when 5 was out.
  • stegmancostegmanco Member Posts: 42
    They look to be in good shape, I just have to go through a few gallon bags first, make sure all the parts are there. Did they make an even number of each figure each series?
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,948
    I'm putting this here instead of a side thread, because I am thinking this was a local store deal.

This week I had a 20% off coupon for Barnes and Noble. I also am a member, so I receive a 10% discount. I finally decided to take the plunge on the Monster Fighter Castle. I had been holding out hoping for a 30% off coupon, or a better discount, but I had decided it wasn't going to happen before the holidays, and most of my Barnes and Nobles were out of stock anyway.

On Halloween I grabbed it, went to the register, and the woman informed me the set was on promo/sale. It range up as 25% off!! Then I was able to stack my 20% and 10% on top of it.

I have been dancing with glee, since then. It wasn't quite 1/2 off for the Vampyre castle, but close enough. :-)

I went back yesterday hoping the train was at 25% off, but it rang up as normal price.
    BrickDancer
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    edited November 2012
    Brickbase said:

A small toy store in Raciborz. Can't remember the name though, I have to check it.

Hmm I"ll be in Poland over Xmas.... mostly in the northern area but it looks like I'll have to do some hunting :)
    stegmanco said:

They look to be in good shape, I just have to go through a few gallon bags first, make sure all the parts are there. Did they make an even number of each figure each series?

No the distribution of each fig in a series is not even. The boxes of 60 have specific amounts of each fig ranging from 3-5 so there will definitely be more of some figs produced than others.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    My brother in law found at a garage sale today:
    #8652 Enzo Ferrari for $10
    #21004 Guggenheim for $10
    He said the #21000 Sears Tower and #21001 John Hancock Center were there for $10 each, too - but he thought they weren't a good deal.
    All NIB. He's not into LEGO at all. I was crushed when he told me and didn't call to ask if I wanted the other 2. He told me he'll be selling both of the others on eBay. Too bad for me.
    ^^ Not a very nice BIL to not offer at least one (or both) to you especially if he knows you are into LEGO. :(
    ^Nope. He and my sister both know.
    @MorkMan

That bites :( I always pick up stuff for friends if I catch them something at a garage sale that I know they will like (if I have the extra funds). Don't know, maybe cause I am too nice :) or cause I am Southern lol
  • Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    Today I was at a flea market looking for Lego (some success, but nothing too special) when I saw a big box of Duplo. I really don't know much about it but at 25€ I picked it up. Turns out I can sell (I really don't need it) it for about 100€ :-D
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Not too amazing, but found a Cool Cruiser #5767 at Walmart today with a $30 clearance tag. I decided to go ahead and grab it as a gift item and it rang up at $19.50.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    edited November 2012
    Another great train find for me today!

10022 - http://brickset.com/detail/?set=10022-1
    10133 - http://brickset.com/detail/?set=10133-1
    10170 - http://brickset.com/detail/?set=10170-1

$160 for all 3. All have box and instructions in good condition. Excited to go through them tonight!
    LegobrandonCP
    @mdelleman WOW! Congrats! Wish I could find ONE of those sets lol
    edited November 2012
    I bought #853345 yesterday and Im in love with all the rare parts it ones with. 12 1x2 Trans-Yellow bricks, 14 2x2 dark tan bricks, and 14 2x2 GOLD BRICKS! Salivating!
    Sure you got that set number right @Penkid11? That link went to the gold holiday ornament :)
    edited November 2012
    @jadedanc
    Because that is exactly what it is. I had no idea that such a thing existed, but I'm sure glad I found it. It opens up and you can customize what's inside. It comes with the bricks as a default filler.
  • Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    I do understand the gold one but asking 7.99€ for the green and the red bauble is just plain rude!
    ^Theres an empty one for the same price too. You can fill it up at the PAB wall, but that still is only a $ off the small cup, and barely holds even half the amount of Bricks.
    ^ I made my own ornaments last year. A red-filled one and a green-filled one. I used 1x2 bricks. They look great and cost $1 for both plastic ornaments a the craft store. Now I'm making a "ship in a bottle" type of ornament. It is a slightly larger sphere with the #30028 Holiday Wreath inside. It isn't as easy as I thought it would be!
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2012
    Yesterday, I found 376 at a boot sale. In near perfect condition, including box, for only €10.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=376-2
    @Penkid11 Gotcha :) I also just got 3 of them at my two local stores.

@Markey Gratz!!! I am trying to get all of the houses. I need that one, # 4886, 6754 and 7796 :) Gives me hope I may find one yet!
    ludzik said:

Brickbase said:

Hmm I"ll be in Poland over Xmas.... mostly in the northern area but it looks like I'll have to do some hunting :)
    It would be wise to ask people you know there about smaller stores, while I found the larger stores in Poland(Tesco, Auchan, etc.) quite expensive. Have fun hunting, I know I did.:-)

• gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Picked up a #9473 LOTR Mines of Moria for £29, mostly because my daughter likes the troll :), and blew £10 on an old Joker figure for me.
  • VimesVimes Member Posts: 24
    Ordered a #9398 Technic 4x4 Crawler from Tesco Direct over the weekend. costing me £58.00 - they have it reduced to £118.99 currently, I then doubled up £30 of clubcard vouchers in their voucher exchange offer to get £60 off. :)
  • OakenmoldOakenmold Member Posts: 92
    @gifinim where did you get #9473 frim at that price?
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    ^ Tesco - using the clubcard voucher doubling up offer.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 390
    They're not really great finds if you're still paying for them, even with vouchers. I used £50 of argos vouchers at the weekend, but it doesn't make my purchases free.