Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• w513mfsw513mfs ukMember Posts: 2
    went in to Birmingham town centre last monday as the lego dhop opened back up popped down stair in the Bullring to the Disney store where they had 2X #76108. On sale for £62 pounds. The boxes were damaged so asked if they could do any thing on price and they reduced to £52 each. I brought both I think its an absolute steel very chuffed.
    WesterBricksandheAstrobricksPJ76ukSirBrickalotOfLegobandit778
  • Tom79Tom79 Member Posts: 32
    edited April 27
    Does buying a random bag of train parts for €20 and finding the locomotive from #4536 Load 'n Haul Railroad, the wagon from #4537 Twin Tank Transport, 30 9V tracks (about half of them straight) + transformer, controller and rail clips and about 70% of #4547 Railroad Club Car (including only half of the trans clear hinge panels) and half of #6267 Lagoon Lock-up (with slightly broken 6 x 24 black plate) plus some more 9V train parts count as a great deal or not? I'm inclined to say yes but can't help but thinking it could have been sooooo much better... :-D
    At least the train still runs ;-)
    Bumblepants560HeliportdatsunrobbieAstrobricksSwitchfoot55WesterBricksoldtodd33KungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 24
    Tom79 said:
    ... random ... parts for €20 and finding the locomotive ... the wagon ... 30 9V tracks ... + transformer, controller and rail clips ... 70% ... half ... slightly broken ... great deal or not?
    Sounds like a great deal... of work to restore it all to its former glory.  Get to it!
    KungFuKenny
    edited April 28
    I've only done a quick check but restoration of the club car would take me around €80 (depending on part quality and which parts I still have lying around) which is still way less than even the cheapest available on Bricklink! Of course, then I would have to buy me a Metroliner too, hmm... I might sell those parts but the kids vetoed that idea :-(
    WesterBricks
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,647
    Depending on where you bought those parts, check back to see if they have any more. I've had random bags of parts from Savers similar to what you describe, and found other bags there a few days later that filled the gaps. 
    AstrobricksBobflip
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 599
    Depending on where you bought those parts, check back to see if they have any more. I've had random bags of parts from Savers similar to what you describe, and found other bags there a few days later that filled the gaps. 
    Also worth asking on the day.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 615
    I managed to buy #41108, with box open but bags sealed, stickers in sheet, perfect instruction manuals, for 30€. I couldn't resist it, it just looks so fresh, it will be a great addition to the Heartlake neighbourhood.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,037
    ^ Is that monorail track I see?
    andheM_Bossjason1976Jackad7
    He did mention 'Airport Shuttle' :-)
    At that price just that one would have been a steal and with the Pirates lot thrown in as well...
    AstrobricksM_Bossandhejason1976
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 119
    @FollowsClosely , does that look like a lot of fun! Let us know what you find.