Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,252
    I see parts for #6352 Pizza To Go, Aquazone, Ice Planet 2002, Pirates Islanders... So much good stuff! I'd consider driving to Colorado for all that, even though I have a lot of those sets.
    Your profile pic changed again- you look like a ghost now!  Were you crushed under the weight of all those  vintage sets? Now you will haunt the Brickset Forum for eternity... :-)
    560Heliportgelksterandhe
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,827
    edited August 4
    A lot of the profile pics look like that today- yours included! Something weird is going on. But haunting the Brickset Forum for eternity sounds like paradise to me!
    KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,182
    Nah, KFK still looks normal. It's just you, Ghosty-McGhost.

KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • BlockbustingBricksBlockbustingBricks Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 11
    6552 looks pretty sweet.  That looks like it came about 1 year after I stopped buying.  My kids now would love it.

• gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 607
    edited August 10
    Snatched at $75!
    Help a brother out- $75 seems steep 

never mind I looked it up 👍👍👍
    dpa1davetheoxygenman
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 65
    I got everything from 31088, except for crab for $3 (it was labeled as missing pieces, but it was just broken down). I love dat shark.

Here's my soap broth.

FizyxKungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 464
    I just got #8182 and #70829 in a lot for $19.50. Both in the box with most bags sealed. Pretty fun!
    dpa1560HeliportAstrobricksFizyxvanvonfull
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,940
    ^My daughter was looking over my shoulder when I opened this thread and saw your pictures. 

...we're both jealous!

560Heliportgmonkey76andheSumoLegomak0137KungFuKennyBrixfan02
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,161
    edited August 25
    ^^ At least you have a candy cane to suck on while you sort :)
    560HeliportSAMAEL64
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,867
    edited August 25
    ^Title of your sex tape
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenman
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 152
    great find amok.just 1 goat is worth more then what you paid
    Fizyxamok
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 894
    cozy said:
    great find amok.just 1 goat is worth more then what you paid

Just the two goats alone are valued around $70 together.  I'm super jealous!  Great selection and some really great pieces!
    amokandhe
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,252
    amok said:
    Got these bits and pieces (mostly from 2010-2013) for 20 Euros :)

Now your challenge is to build an MOC using just those pieces... :-)
    panchox1amok560HeliportFizyxgmonkey76Mr_Cross
    ^I think he already did? 
    panchox1amok560HeliportFizyxSAMAEL64SumoLegogmonkey76
    Well, this is a bit of a pre-deal, but I got a line on #75277 Boba Fett Helmet and #75276 Stormtrooper Helmet for $80 total. I hadn't necessarily planned on getting these, but it was mainly due to the price. They seem like a hard deal to pass up for $40/each. 

Can anyone with these helmets give your opinion on whether you personally feel they are worth it? Good display pieces? A pass? I know so much of this is subjective, but I haven't ever seen them in person, so I really don't have a great idea. 
    pxchris
  • veyniacveyniac U.S.Member Posts: 97
    edited August 27
    Well, this is a bit of a pre-deal, but I got a line on #75277 Boba Fett Helmet and #75276 Stormtrooper Helmet for $80 total. I hadn't necessarily planned on getting these, but it was mainly due to the price. They seem like a hard deal to pass up for $40/each. 

Can anyone with these helmets give your opinion on whether you personally feel they are worth it? Good display pieces? A pass? I know so much of this is subjective, but I haven't ever seen them in person, so I really don't have a great idea. 

Where on earth did you find those? I pulled the trigger on the stormtrooper on amazon (only $5 off, but a discount is a discount) and am waiting for it now. I am hoping it will be worth it as well. You definitely got a good bargain!
    panchox1
  • babieface75babieface75 ukMember Posts: 61
    Not what everyone would call a great find but it was to me,£79 deliverd,used but packed to my standerds and in mint condition.This isnt the way it was shipped/turned up,just the box i put it in untill build time...
    veyniacFizyxdpa1MCNwakeboard
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 900

I have the Boba Fett helmet displayed next to my UCS Slave I (along with a smathering of other Boba Fett LEGO stuffs like the constraction fig and Brickheadz) and I have to say that I love how they look together. So, to me, yes, it was well worth it and a great display piece! 
    SirBrickalotOfLegoFizyx
    I ended up picking them up last night. I figured for that price, it was at least easy money reselling them at retail. But, after getting even just the boxes in hand, I'm completely sold and will definitely be keeping them. The seller is going to message me once he finds a Tie Fighter Pilot as well. 

Not sure how I swung a 33% discount on a hard to find set, but I'll take it!
    FollowsCloselypxchrisFizyx
    I just got my Stormtrooper helmet. Sadly, the set's box was absolutely destroyed. Does anyone know if Amazon offers partial refunds if that happens? I don't want to return it, because 1) I don't have the patience to wait for a replacement, and 2) If I returned it, they would just ship it back out to some other poor soul. I am not a collector, so the box doesn't matter that much to me, but a further discount would be nice :)

On another note, I was surprised to see that the shipping box was an official Lego box (it had the "why are our boxes so plain" flap). Any ideas on how that could have happened?
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 182
    veyniac said:
    I just got my Stormtrooper helmet. Sadly, the set's box was absolutely destroyed.
    I got the Boba Fett Helmet at Walmart and the boxes are easily creased or messed up. I picked the best box I could find and didn't push in the perforated finger tabs. Instead I slipped a knife thru the ends at the bottom of the box trying to make the neatest cut and preserve the box. The way the box is heavily glued I ended up cutting the thru the end flaps. It looks fine but the inside of the box is mangled. 
    @amok I see parts from Queen Anne's Revenge in there, already worth your money.
    @pxchris, thanks for sharing the photo. I'm pretty thrilled with picking them up at this point. Now I just need to get the Tie Fighter Pilot to finish off the collection. I'm not much of a completionist. But, after seeing them in the flesh now, I can't help buy want the last one. 

I think they'll be a nice addition to my display next to my buildable figures (R2D2, BB8, D-0, Porg, Yoda, and soon The Child). Or, at least I hope they will be :)
    pxchris
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,091
    pxchris said:

And now I have to make a Wizard of Oz display.  Damn you!  @pxchris ruins my day... again.  You're a fun-sucker!!
    panchox1pxchris560HeliportSwitchfoot55FizyxKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 61
    @pxchris I like the constraction Boba.  He looks very relaxed sitting there, almost like he's waiting for the next bus
    560HeliportFizyxgelksterpxchrisKungFuKennySalamalex
    #8051 is the perfect size for a constraction Boba. 
    560Heliport
    gelkster said:
    I don't have #8051 but I do have #42063, I should see how that looks!
  • ScorpioJWScorpioJW Below sea levelMember Posts: 15
    Got #70315 for €15, but was even happier when I got #70323 in near perfect condition for €50
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,605
    pxchris said:
    gelkster said:
    I don't have #8051 but I do have #42063, I should see how that looks!
    I got a Jango Fett in a box of used sets on FB a while back, he looks great with his leg slung over the Technic BMW

stluxKungFuKennypxchrisYo_dAandhevanvonfullMr_Cross
    Not sure if its a brag yet, but I won an opened but never built copy of the Lambo SC set on eBay for £25. The seller assures that its 100% complete, we shall see!
    Brixfan02Mr_Cross
    Well, I was able to check off the Tie Fighter Pilot quicker than I anticipated, and at $40 too! All three SW helmet's are now secured. All for buy 2 get 1 free essentially. I'm happy with that deal on a still new series of sets!
    560HeliportFizyxveyniacpanchox1gmonkey76pxchris
    Well, I was able to check off the Tie Fighter Pilot quicker than I anticipated, and at $40 too! All three SW helmet's are now secured. All for buy 2 get 1 free essentially. I'm happy with that deal on a still new series of sets!

Care to tell us where this particular honey hole is? :)
    FizyxSwitchfoot55
    It's a local seller I've used in the past.

(I've vetted him out as, at first, I thought things could be stolen. However, after forming a bit of a relationship over the last year or so, I can confidently say they are not stolen.)
    veyniacandhe
    It's a local seller I've used in the past.

(I've vetted him out as, at first, I thought things could be stolen. However, after forming a bit of a relationship over the last year or so, I can confidently say they are not stolen.)

I wonder where HIS honey hole is :)
    AstrobricksFollowsCloselySwitchfoot55
    Not sure if its a brag yet, but I won an opened but never built copy of the Lambo SC set on eBay for £25. The seller assures that its 100% complete, we shall see!
    Too good to be true! Arrived this morning, looks like the box was slashed open by the seller, all but bag 4 ripped open and then all taped back up again. The Hurracan is complete, half the Urus is still sealed, the rest may not be complete and the gantry and minifigures are missing. Disgruntled ebay message sent to the seller. 
    TBH its not a disaster as it was only the Hurracan I really wanted, lets see where I get!
    andheMr_Cross
    ^ Never brag before the bird is in the hand :-/
    andheSpeedman29
    Well the seller came back pretty quick with a limp apology and would a refund of 25% be acceptable! Managed to find the minifigures and after a trawl through my parts bin, the remaining pieces for the gantry on Bricklink from one store for under a tenner, so I think I'm still ahead....just
    andheMr_Crosspanchox1KungFuKenny
  • FabulandloverFabulandlover SomewhereMember Posts: 11
    Oh my, the people who find modulars for a great price. I wish I could find Green Grocer and Town Hall for a nice price......
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 26
    rocao said:
    This is akin to my previous "most triumphant purchase" thread. Feel free to post (brag) about some recent scores on Lego deals. I want to live vicariously through you! ;)
    I haven't bought anything in a while
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,476
    You'll want to be sitting down for this one:

Two more in the back row as well!
    KungFuKennyFizyxpxchrisSwitchfoot55SumoLego
    I can make my brag official as I now have it in hand... I managed to get an excellent condition copy of The Golden Medallion (set #6255) 1989 Pirates comic shipped for less than $5 total! 

For point of reference, there are no copies (in English) on Bricklink right now, and it's been selling for about $50+ on eBay when it does pop up. 

(I already had to two minifigures and accessories in my extras.) 

veyniacKungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55AstrobricksBumblepantsandheFizyxSAMAEL64
    edited September 9

Sorry? I guess this one went over my head :-/
    FollowsClosely
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,476

Sorry? I guess this one went over my head :-/
    It was sarcasm. Just having a laugh at finding 6 Jyn Erso Constaction sets for full price 5 years later.
    andheKungFuKenny