Amazon.co.uk ends free shipping to BeNeLux, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, ...

joaojoao Member Posts: 2
from http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201210860

From 3 April, 2014, FREE Super Saver Delivery will no longer be available for deliveries to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Sweden.

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    That's a bit of a kick in the nuts. It's not just that they've stopped free delivery but their postal rates have rocketed. It used to cost £3.95 for a 2-3 day delivery, it'll now cost £4.70 + 50p per kg!
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    They stopped free shipping to Norway a while back. That was a downer. But now they increased shipping by almost 100%, that is just catastrophical.... Luckily there are more good offers here than it used to. But this will make an impact on my collecting, no doubt about it.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    That is rubbish :(
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    yes, I was going to buy some stuff last night (not lego related) and then they added 18£ shipping...for a 55£ item....
    bye bye Amazon for me....
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    If you think that was funny, last week I was looking at bikes (pedal cycles) and found a couple. One was £199 and they added £99 postage :D

I complained to the Customer Services Chat and they removed it - I didn't end up buying the bike (or an alternative) but appreciated the service.

I think they seem to know it will be a shock for some people but I suppose fair enough as postage is normally not free. Initially having a reduced postage might have been nicer to gradually bring the postage back rather than a shock for the (existing) Customer !!

Getting an email 2 days after the FREE service stopped was also poor Customer Services too especially when I buy quite a bit of things from them including lots of Lego :D
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    This may be a consequence of efforts to get Amazon to pay tax in the jurisdiction where they make the sale. At the moment they mostly pay just employee-related taxes in the UK, with all corporation tax going through Ireland and Luxembourg. It's fair enough to be honest, but this will lose them a lot of customers. My wife and I work with a lot of British ex-pats here in Belgium and they've all stopped buying stuff from them overnight.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,788
    They must know where you are logging on from via your IP address / shipping address. I wonder why they don't just show prices inclusive of postage. That way you get your "free" postage, where ever you are.