Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyone up for a UK Round Robin Box?

SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 547
edited April 2014 in Community and Events
This is for the UK folks, seeing as one is going on in the States right now. I'm keen on starting another one of those pass-around-box-of-parts things, as I have a few bits I can part with that won't be used.

Bearing in mind that postage will be more expensive soon, I'm thinking of keeping the box small (1kg or less).

If anyone's interested, I can start putting something together right now.

Comments

• richselbyrichselby Member Posts: 80
    I'm intrigued, do explain more.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    I am up for that Drew, put my name down if this goes ahead!
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    Is this, send some spare parts out in a box to someone, someone digs through the box to find their spare parts and fill some on and send it to next person and so on?
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    Meeeeee!
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    I really enjoyed the last one. Please add me to the list, if it gets off the ground. :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,030
    If it is kept at small parcel under 1kg, then I'll play along too.

Are there going to be rules / guidelines - new parts only, etc? It seems the Americans have got it down to a decent routine. Similar things in for the things you take out, posting photos of the exchanges, not keeping the box too long, etc.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    I'm interested too.
  • CheekaCheeka UKMember Posts: 236
    Yeah, I'd be interested in joining up too. There certainly seems to be enough interest to get this off the ground...
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    I would be up for that, great idea!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Ill do this again
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 547
    Oh, there will definitely be rules, I just haven't thought them through yet. Glad there's so much interest though, I wasn't expecting this big of a turnout.

PS. I know what the send-box thing is typically called, it's such an American word though.
  • GorelaxxGorelaxx Member Posts: 14
    Count me in.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 684
    Sounds interesting... not been involved in one of these before. Let us know when you have the rules ironed out.
    I count ten other people interested (not including @richselby‌, if you want to join that's cool), that means we should be done before next Easter. ^_^

For those new to this activity, you can read about it in the archives (originally referred to as "round robin"): http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3988/lego-round-robin/p1

I'm proposing these rules:
    - Everybody who wants to take part will be added to a thread, where the order of recipients will be determined. I'm obviously first so I'll send the box to the second person on the list.
    - Each person must notify us (by sending a message) when they've received the box; I will be keeping track of dates.
    - Each person can take what they want* within reason, but must replace whatever they take with other LEGO items (ideally of similar value). Anything you add must be in new or very good condition.
    - If you want to, take a photo of the items you've removed and post them [here or Flickr?].
    - When you've finished, PM the next person in the list to arrange sending the box to them.
    - Each person must take no longer than three (3) days to pass the box on; if there are any problems doing so, please let everybody know.
    - The total weight of the box must not exceed 1kg.

* I'm also going to include the world-famous Trout of Shame in the box. You can take a picture of the Trout of Shame in whatever circumstance you can think of, but it's the only item you won't be allowed to take.

Let me know if I've missed anything!
    khmellymel
    Sounds good. As last time, I think it might be a good idea to check if there is anybody who could hand over the box in person before sorting out the order of recipients.
    khmellymel
    Where are we all located, and does anyone have an order preference?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    I don't mind order, I'm located Newbury, Berkshire if it makes any difference for ease of box movement
    I am in Eastbourne, East Sussex, but no preference when it comes to the order.
  • GorelaxxGorelaxx Member Posts: 14
    I'm on the Wirral, near Liverpool, I have no order preference.
    York
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Ruislip Manor, Middlesex. And I've no preference as to order.
  • CheekaCheeka UKMember Posts: 236
    I'm in Sheffield, and I have no preference to order (unless, of course, there's a fellow Steel City dweller to pass the box to/receive it from).
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    Am I too late? I was involved in the last UK one. Though the information on that seemed to peter towards the end (way after me I might add) so assumed it was completed.
    ^ I can make some room, sure. As far as I know the last one was eventually completed, though it took a long time.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Im down in South West near Bristol/Bath.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 684
    I'm in Essex.

Just checking: will the box consist of all things LEGO (polys, CMFs, key-chains, loose minifigures etc.) or is it just loose parts / bricks?

I don't mind order... how about chucking all the names in a hat (or an equally scientific method) and drawing lots for the order... < just biased because I'm last at the moment :( >

Just checking: will the box consist of all things LEGO (polys, CMFs, key-chains, loose minifigures etc.) or is it just loose parts / bricks?

I'm hoping (and planning) on all things lego, not just bricks.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    edited April 2014
    Should we move this to a group PM? Saves us all sharing our details on a open forum :)
    Stand by for a private message.
  • philiptoysphiliptoys Member Posts: 31
    Can the box pass by Dubai ??? (I have an address in USA but this will take 3 week to make back and forward ) please please !!

Can the box pass by Dubai ??? (I have an address in USA but this will take 3 week to make back and forward ) please please !!

This box is UK only, unfortunately.
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    I'm also up for it if it isn't too late. I live near Haywards Heath in West Sussex and work in Central London near Covent Garden if either of them are close to anyone.
    @DanGP the journey has started, but let's see how things go.