Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Questionable Trade Practice

I have been told that I made unrealistic demands and most people would be happy with the outcome described below by a fellow forum member.

A forum member offered a trade for two polybags one different polybag. I had the different polybag and immediately sent a PM agreeing to the trade. The forum member then asked if they could trade four polybags for two of the different polybags doubling the trade. I agreed and sent out the two of the different polybags.

Four weeks after the trade was proposed and accepted by me, I received a PM stating that due to a miscount two of the polybags are no longer available and they only have two remaining along with an apology. This was after THREE weeks without communication and receipt of my shipment.

I asked for the two polybags from the forum member and one of my poly bags back OR the average selling price of my second polybag so they could keep it OR a similarly valued polybag so they could keep it. At this point they told me that I was being unrealistic. I sent another message stating that no matter what, I wanted the two polybags for one different polybag to stand.

Now they have refunded my shipping and are sending back my original two polybags stating that they want to be fair so I don't lose out and this is what most people would be happy with.

I did explain that it was for the Charity reseller challenge but the deal never changed from what the forum member posted, accepted and then doubled. I may be taking this too personally but I am working my tail off on the challenge and this sets me back. This has obviously been very frustrating and wasted a lot of my time. Thoughts?

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Communication is very important with transactions.

I fail to see how that request is unrealistic, if he/she was not properly communicating I think that is their problem.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    The fact that this is with a fellow forum member leads me to believe that person will be responding sometime soon :0

I don't believe there was a miscount, especially after 3 weeks. This person probably made another deal with "your" promised polybags, but this is speculation. The original deal should still stand though.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    I explained that I would consider asking them to track down the other two polybags from a third party and then rush ship all four to me unrealistic. This is an overly friendly and generous community so I proposed what I thought was a middle ground.

Thanks for the responses, I feel much better already!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    I never agree to a trade until I check I have all the items - whether I proposed it or not.

If I had messed up like that, I'd honour the original 2 for 1, return the extra one you sent and refund the postage you paid
    Pitfall69KingDave
    ^This is why I thought it was shady that after 3 weeks, they no longer had the polys
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Yes, I thought our traded polybags would be passing on the way across the pond. Is there a market for polybags with this many frequent flyer miles?
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 973
    ^ Sounds like a weak excuse to me and probably not the real reason they could not make the trade. If they had come up with that excuse immediately after a few days it would be more believable (although still not a good reason), but after 3 weeks it smells like BS.
    My CMF trade went from Michigan to Alaska, California and then all the way to Kentucky. That's a long way.