Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello, everyone!

My name is Martin, and the combination of both the new Lego Movie, and the Simpsons set has rekindled my love of Legos. As you can tell by my name, I will be mostly collecting Star Wars themed sets, and wallet permitting, some of the Harry Potter stuff I missed.

Comments

• indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Howdy

Welcome aboard.

The Harry Potter theme is a great set of builds. Diagon Alley is one of my favourites. Expensive but well worth the build.

CJ.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Ya, I was looking on eBay, and I am now wondering what I have gotten myself into! Luckily my girlfriend is also on board, so we will enable each other in our latest addiction.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    Double the support, twice the spend. :-).

My advice to you would be to not bother at all with discontinued low-mid range SW sets. You'll find that any particular vehicle or what have you is likely to get remade/redesigned with better figs and newer moulds.

With buying any current sets you are better off having your finger on the pulse and snapping them up from general retailers ie. a new set reduced by 30-40% at Amazon will always be cheaper than any used set on EBay.

Welcome to the boards Martin.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Welcome to our world, the world of Lego building and collecting! Before you drop a lot of money on auction sites check out bricklink dot com. No affiliation but I spend a good bit there and most of my transactions have been good experiences.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I think I'm going buy current sets and just buy older, more expensive stuff if a good deal comes up. I don't want to burn myself and my bank account so quickly :)
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 644
    I think you have the right idea. Set yourself a LEGO budget and stick to it, and you'll be just fine. Welcome and have fun!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    ^ Setting a budget is easy, but sticking to it??? ;-)