Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Richard Morton

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,547
It is with regret that I have some bad news to pass on from Richard's wife, Meryl: Richard passed away tragically a couple of weeks ago.

Richard was member of Brickset and the forum (RJM), and the creator of minifiguniverse.com. He had just started producing the excellent rotatable minifig images that we are showing on our minifig pages.

Richard was an excellent software developer who was always looking for ways to contribute to the online community. His enthusiasm and drive will be greatly missed.

You can read his obituary here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thenorthwestern/obituary.aspx?pid=170173377

Huw

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Can't say I knew or even recall him but sad nevertheless. As you appear to have a line of communication with his wife, please pass on my sympathies to her and their family. I'm sure the sentiment could easily be extended to include everyone here.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,241
    edited March 2014
    That's a shame. I enjoyed the ideas behind the 3D rotatable shots. Not just for the 3D shots themselves, but the stop frame setup he built to do the shots automatically. Great innovation.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    edited March 2014
    It looks like a terrible auto accident from the newspaper accounts.
    He was stopped to turn left and a car hit him from behind pushing into an approaching van.
    What a shame to lose a brilliant 36 year old who had been married for less than two years.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. May they find support in their never ending grief, and know that he us missed by so many.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Terrible tragedy. I wonder if in the coming months we could get together a Fairy Bricks donation in Oshkosh? I'll look into that.
    PaperballparklegomattMinifigsMesidersddDanGPalexwilkiki180703
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I'm shocked and saddened by this news. I didn't know Richard all that well, but had several interactions with him in the last couple of years. He had a great vision for many projects for the LEGO ecosystem - including open information and access to set inventories and parts catalog (i.e., opposite of Bricklink), the rotatable 3D minifig images, tablet applications, and more. I admired his artistic abilities and his willingness to share his ideas. He was one of the "good guys" in the AFOL community and will be missed.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Awful news. I had positive interactions with him. Please pass on my condolances to his wife and family. He'll be missed xxx
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,547
    I saw it on Facebook earlier. It's a fantastic that you've been able to make this happen.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Has everyone spotted Toto the dog peeping out of Johns coat? I never thought I would see a dog helping with a delivery!
    LostInTranslationBrickCreatorLego_Star