Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigs for a nativity scene?

2»

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @matthew here's the seller I got mine from:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/steve-birdie-edwards/m.html?item=220896452365&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562
    They NEED to be sprayed with varnish before wetting, and just paint the water on with a paintbrush. Make sure you varnish afterwards or it might fall off the fig.

Here's my derby figs:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157628310368899/
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    edited December 2011
    ^ They are freakin' awesome!!!!!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks :D some are neater than others. It's taken me a lot of pots of varnish to get the right combinations. Sadly my printer has now died, so I'm not doing any more at the minute. But if I get a few more orders in I'll buy a new printer (I charge £6.50 - there's printing on the bag, and they come with a helmet and accessory).

Of course these are done from people who aren't big into lego, so they seem happy with the quality, and they're better than some I've seen for sale...but I think I can do better on the hand drawn bits certainly.
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 218
    Just thought I'd post previous ideas similar to what has been said, but just in case anybody could use what has already been designed by others...
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,868
    I've finally pulled together my Nativity scene for this year!
    Lego Nativity

More photo's on my Flickr stream.

"All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)" - Matthew 1:22
    Nice work @Andhe. I like the use of christmas cards as the background :)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    @andhe: this is really lovely. I particularly like your three wise men.
    Next year I'm definitely aiming for full-on winter village, complete with a church (or maybe school) with nativity, Christmas market, winter sports etc. Best start Jan 1st, eh? ;)
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    @andhe Nice work!
  • ThezoofoxThezoofox United Kingdom - EastMember Posts: 188
    You should add Jar Jar Binks, Batman and a monkey. Everything looks better with a monkey.
    I literally just spat tea everywhere, classic.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,868
    Cheers. The backgrounds were slightly accidental, in that it was built to display on my mantelpiece, and the cards were there. But then rearranged to provide suitable backdrops :p