Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brick 2014 Volunteers

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
Fairy Bricks will be having a strong presence at Brick 2014 in November. Raffle, live builds, a mosaic and lots of telling the public of what we are about.

I know it's early but I'm looking to recruit volunteers to be on the display. There is lots to do and the more we bodies we have the easier it will be to spread the work, let people take real breaks etc. If you're interested can you drop me a pm and we can take it from there. You don't have to do all four days but there is some shared accommodation available for those that would be interested in staying over for a second day.

http://www.brick2014.com/
StormKitty

Comments

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    @SirKevbags‌

This is going to sounds like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway...

If I'm coming on the Saturday as a visitor, then clearly I need to buy a ticket.

If I was going to volunteer to help out on the display on a different day, do I need to buy a visitor ticket for that day too, or am I classed as 'an exhibitor'?*

*I've never exhibited at one of these things - there may be hundreds of people shouting 'Duh! Exhibitors need to buy tickets too!'.

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    edited March 2014
    Not a daft question at all :-) If you're there volunteering for Fairy Bricks then you get in for free.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Do you have to be available for all 3 days or would one day be enough?

Cheers.
    One, two, three or four, whatever suits. Just gauging numbers, who wants to do when etc
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    I'd meant to tell you we'll be back in the US by then :(. Would have loved to help of course.
    ^ No escape for you. Contact extension? ;-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    ^ Exactly what I was thinking. ;o)
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    :) STEAM may be the best I can do. It has been extended twice, we were originally supposed to move back last month. I'll be thankful for a second STEAM.
    MinifigsMe
    So if you're wondering who you will be joined by on the FB display if you volunteer. ...

Me obviously, probably with a heavy beard. It will be winter.
    @cheshirecat for all four days
    @StormKitty for all four days
    @carlq‌ For Two Days

I wonder should everyone have a beard?
    Jenni
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    ^erm, can I please pass on that one and perhaps leave it to you guys instead?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I'm staying clean shaven with stormkitty, or something like that. And I'm also not wearing a fairy costume. Just to be clear!
    StormKitty
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,261
    You said that as though your company might not be enough @SirKevbags!
    @Legoboy is the latest to join our merry band. He may complain about his feet but there is no requirement for any other volunteer to rub them.
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    ^ I signed up to help the kids, its all about the kids, just to re-iterate...I don't do beards or feet ;-)
    Whatever happened to the sense of community? Allowing one man to stand all alone and hairy while another is crippled..
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    @SirKevbags Just sent you a PM. If my beard and I can be of use I'm in.
    StormKittySirKevbags
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691

^erm, can I please pass on that one and perhaps leave it to you guys instead?

Whaaaa? I bet my feet are cleaner than your grubby paws! ;o)
    StormKitty