Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Kit Kat

rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
edited March 2014 in Everything else LEGO
"Here at KIT KAT we are huge fans of LEGO. Because nobody is better at building a great break than LEGO, except for us maybe. So during one of our occupational breaks we came up with the idea of a KIT KAT entirely made of LEGO bricks.

We call the result simply #LegoKITKAT and it comes with a lot of authentic details: the KIT KAT logo, a red wrapper, four chocolate fingers, layers of wafer and even a snapping sound when you break it! And even though we don´t really expect #LegoKITKAT to hit the shops anytime soon, we gave it a stylish box anyway. But the best bit about it: everyone can build his very own perfect break from it."

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

LostInTranslationMatthewBastaTheOneVeyronianBrickDancerSirKevbagskhmellymelcarlqplasmodiumGothamConstructionCoBuriedinBricksWatfordScottyMricecakeLegogeekpricey73StormKittyLegoboyTheBigLegoskilegogrrl4dougtsDanGPAdzbadboyprevere

Comments

• BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    I want one!!!!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    ^ If you get one don't chew on it! ;oP

Here are some hi-res images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13265955224/
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    Very cool... Thanks to that, I'm somehow now craving a Kit Kat...

But where's the ultra rare edition where all the brown LEGO bricks really are made of chocolate and the tan ones are made of wafer? ;-P
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited March 2014
    Those are pretty cool pictures, but (assuming this is by KitKat) it's a very bold/unusual move for a large company to use another's brand imagery and implied endorsement so heavily without some sort of prior agreement.
    So is this part of an actual cross-promotional thing, does anyone know? Or are Kitkat just chancing their hand, perhaps putting the suggestion of a branded set into the minds of TLG before they can think. Seems an unusual move by Lego to attach their name to a chocolate bar.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,314
    I can't help wondering which factory stinks more, the Lego one or the Nestle Rowntree one.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 846
    The Nestlé factory where I grew up smells great! It's the old Rowntree Macintosh one where they make Caramac, easter eggs, Toffos and Quality Street. Every morning as a kid, on the bus to school, I loved going past there and getting a lung full of the creamy toffee smell!
    When the wind blows in the wrong direction, York gets a strange burnt sugar smell.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I couldn't stand the smell of the brains brewery in cardiff. If the wind was blowing in the wrong direction it filled the tunnels and even platforms of the main station with a stench that reminded me of over sweetened stale tea like I used to have at army camps - can't stand tea and couldn't stand that smell. Other people loved it, heyho.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,893
    CCC said:

I can't help wondering which factory stinks more, the Lego one or the Nestle Rowntree one.

My place of work is right next to the Nestle site in Newcastle - there are a mix of very nice and disgusting smells eminating from there. The smell of freshly made Lion bars is the best.

flowerpotgirl
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    edited March 2014
    Funny this comes up, they're closing down the Nestle factory in Hayes (which I live nearby), partly because people complained about the coffee smell (and other smells) eminating from it.

What miffs me though is I've never heard anyone ever complain about the stinking smell of asphalt eminating from the Tarmac works which is on the same small industrial estate... that smells far worse than the Nestle factory ever did or would (I would have thought)! Plus the amount of dust and ash it emits is making my LEGO collection dirty so I have to dust it nearly every day... grrr!

Back on topic: This model is still making me want a Kit Kat...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    This is one of the weirdest, and neatest things I've seen in a long time.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

I couldn't stand the smell of the brains brewery in cardiff.

It's probably the zombies running the place.

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,033
    My guess is that this is a cross-promotion. This MOC is just too perfect in every way to be just some random thing put together by nerdy people on their lunch-break...(c;
    Aww, @binaryeye beat me to it. Oh, what the hell...

BRAAAIIIIIINNNS!!!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    legomatt said:

Aww, @binaryeye beat me to it. Oh, what the hell...

BRAAAIIIIIINNNS!!!
    "The Zombies are coming !"

;-)
  • flecskiflecski Member Posts: 76
    I guess KitKat now have more marketing time on their hands after mostly completing the Android tie-in ?
    edited March 2014
    flecski said:

...the Android tie-in ?

HEEEERTZ!
    ;oP
    plasmodium
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    KitKat isn't my candy of choice but I'd still stand in line for this set if it ever hits the market!
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    Wow that is pretty cool. So is that a british kit Kat wrapper? the ones here in the states look different from what I recall.
    Sort of. Ours are plastic wrap. They are not a patch on the old aluminium foil wrappers that you could run your finger nail along and split along the length of the bar.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited March 2014

Back on topic: This model is still making me want a Kit Kat...

Go on, take a break...(you know the rest)

• Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 213
    Cuusoo.....